Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Never to the dark side

Paul Gascoigne regrets going to Middlesbrough

I think most people regret it.

Went to Ayresome Park some years ago, we were in a van , decided to stop for a drink on the outskirts of Middlesboro. We hadn't even gone into the car park of the pub , but stoped on the road when the Landlord/Landlady came out saying we couldn't go in. When we asked why as we just wanted a drink, they clocked our accents. "oh, you're not from round here then?" we were asked, when we explained we weren't locals we were welcome with open arms. Even the locals don't like the locals in Middlesboro .

• Haha 5

Gazza is probably the main player I'd liked to have seen live if I had been old enough. You don't hear people speak about English footballers the way they do about him.

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I think most people regret it.

Went to Ayresome Park some years ago, we were in a van , decided to stop for a drink on the outskirts of Middlesboro. We hadn't even gone into the car park of the pub , but stoped on the road when the Landlord/Landlady came out saying we couldn't go in. When we asked why as we just wanted a drink, they clocked our accents. "oh, you're not from round here then?" we were asked, when we explained we weren't locals we were welcome with open arms. Even the locals don't like the locals in Middlesboro .

No wonder Gazza didn't like it there if they don't let you in the boozers

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Super said:

@Never to the dark side is the game saturday on 5 live sports extra? Im travelling back from Cornwall

Will be on Talksport 2 ( If you have DAB ) Super

and you should get Radio Bristol on FM fairly early at some point coming up , or you certainly used to be able 

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Thanks 1

Had the pleasure of watching him live on his debut against Champions Everton. He came on as substitute and the first thing everyone noticed was that he was orange. He must have been the first player ever to have been tangoed. It was obvious then what a brilliant player and more importantly 'entertainer'  he was going to be. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Will be on Talksport 2 ( If you have DAB ) Super

and you should get Radio Bristol on FM fairly early at some point coming up , or you certainly used to be able 

Around Tiverton usually but it`s BBC Somerset until about WSM when you can start picking up RB. It depends if Somerset have it on, they ought to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Talksport 2 is available on your phone with the City game

BBC local radio stations are not allowed to broadcast league commentarys

You should be able to pick BBC Zummerzet from approx Exeter on 95:5fm

BBC Zummerzet will have live coverage of the game

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

OUCH!!!

I remember saying, he'll never score from there....not against Seaman!!!  The man was top drawer.  Oops, wrong video!!

Edited by Isawjonshaw

11 hours ago, DSTAF said:

Lived near Boro for 6 years.  Very weird place.  Very weird people. 

I lived in Norton, just the other side of Stockton-on-Tees for 8 years and Middlesbrough isn't as bad as its painted. In those days you just didn't drink 'South of the border' i. e. South if the railway line or where the Riverside is now. 

As for that 'never use him as a role model' Gasgoine, I would have thought he had many more things to regret in his life than signing for Boro. Might have been a skilful footballer but as an excuse for a man he's a total ass. 

Boro is a great night out with good people, they have suffered more than most with the collapse of British manufacturing. 

I soent a lot of time up there in the early nineties and went to Ayresome Park on many occasions. I wonder if Gaza regretted the inflated wages they paid him, or how much of that money he invested back into the local community?

Edited by shepton red