IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

Crazy first half. Want to see some highlights - didn't see anything obviously wrong with either of our two goals.

The crowd really got stuck into the ref and he buckled. Gave a soft free kick against Baker challenging a header while the attacker backed in to him and didn't jump. Resulting free kick, bit of ping pong and a soft pen - maybe Palmer clipped Johnson's swinging back foot to shoot?

Looks to be more goals in it and Johnson must be on thin ice after a yellow and a late challenge.

Preston are playing the space in front of the defence well and looking to get in behind, Williams excellent again, several last ditch interventions. Semenyo not really got in the game enough for me.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Right. I have 15 minutes to go and buy 'er indoors a birthday card and gift, get some lunch and get back for the second half.

Wonder if she would be happy with 4 can cans of Natch?

Got her that last year. She was lost for words. Didn't speak to me for 3 days.

She needs to drink them more slowly.

Everyone knows that if you neck 4 cans of Natch straight down you are likely to lose your voice!

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Right. I have 15 minutes to go and buy 'er indoors a birthday card and gift, get some lunch and get back for the second half.

Wonder if she would be happy with 4 can cans of Natch?

Got her that last year. She was lost for words. Didn't speak to me for 3 days.

No wonder she wouldn't speak to you.

A stingy 4 cans of Natch!

She'd down that lot in under 5 minutes.

8 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

He gave that due to fan pressure. Absolute melt..

Too right, 2 or 3 nothing decisions before that, and didn't book their player for lunge on Rowe or Baker on touchline.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Very open half.

Williams, Moore, Weimann and Rowe the pick of the bunch so far. 

Williams particularly superb.  Semenyo looked very good in bursts. 

Losing midfield battle a little bit really. Can see Palmer making way soon in the second half.  Need to cut out their early ball into the front man or Johnson 

We are probably 5-10 yards too deep meaning Massengo and Brownhill have got bigger spaces to fill.  

Semenyo pushing them around and giving us more fluidity up top, which seems to be helping Weimann....and Palmer who has looked good on the ball and is working hard.

Need to keep ball a bit better and not let them get a head of steam.

I hope if we are still narrowly leading with 20 to go, LJ brings on O'Dowda for Semenyo, maybe Eliasson for Palmer and bit Preston with pace on the break.

If he brings on Fam then I predict we will go long and will invite pressure. Let's give them pace to worry about on the break.

Well.... ?

Firstly, two goals from corners?! That was unexpected!

Secondly, we really deserved the lead. I'm so impressed by how aggressive we are away from home. There's no doubt that we're playing to win and we got ourselves in really good positions at 0-0, so totally deserved to be ahead. 

Finally, defensively we list our heads a few times and put ourselves in bother. We then dealt with the following attackes with real conviction, but the pen wasn't totally unexpected. 

Overall I'm delighted to be ahead, showing some but not all of our quality. No real standout performers just a good team effort. At times a bit clumsy, but let's be fair, we're a nightmare to play on the road!

At least a draw please. A win would be a very impressive sign of our potential.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Too right, 2 or 3 nothing decisions before that, and didn't book their player for lunge on Rowe or Baker on touchline.

We are probably 5-10 yards too deep meaning Massengo and Brownhill have got bigger spaces to fill.  

Semenyo pushing them around and giving us more fluidity up top, which seems to be helping Weimann....and Palmer who has looked good on the ball and is working hard.

Need to keep ball a bit better and not let them get a head of steam.

That's the one where I said I cant  believe Johnson wasnt booked. 

Shortly after some handbags from (yet another) foul on Massengo.

10 minutes ago, real_bristol said:

Agreed. I felt he buckled under the pressure. Fair play to the Preston fans they got themselves a goal there. 

Nothing wrong with our 2nd either, their keeper can’t stand on his own two feet and is not the refs fault 

Preston have surrounded the referee more than they’ve had shots on target, I’ve counted at least 3 times including after both goals 

2 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

The irony ?

If we come away with a result, Im expecting Preston fans to say we're not all that and they gifted us 2 goals - it seems par for the course for opponents fans' this season.

Archived