IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

Propa nawty bois 

Unless you live under a rock and missed the delights of Football Twitter, two very silly boys were detained at Her Majesty's pleasure for a few hours this week and another spent the night wasting NHS resources. Of course, I speak of Mason Bennett, Tom Lawrence and City reject Richard Keogh. 

I don't need to go into the specifics, you all know what happened but the irony of this situation was not missed on Twitter. 

Firstly, Mason Bennett aka 'Bizzle' (WTAF *smh*) on Monday, he tweets about Leeds receiving a FairPlay award with obvious mocking. He later deleted it but not before the Twitter universe screen grabbed it as seen here:

Then, on Tuesday, he attends a DrinkAware campaign which highlights the dangers of excessive drinking and alcoholism. This particular campaign is promoting walking football as an alternative to going to the pub and getting shitfaced...

And then we all know what happened on Wednesday.

But then, just as stupid is Tom Lawrence. With probably the worst disciplinary record of any player ever in an opening season, he accumulated 5 yellows in Derby's first 7 games and missed the Leeds game through suspension. Yet was allowed to go to the "team bonding exercise" to celebrate that draw. Then after the crash, he was so out of his skull, he forgot his pal was in the back of his motor.

Both of these planks have been dropped from the game today at home to Birmingham and it's unlikely we'll see them play again in a Derby shirt, the rumour suggesting that both will eventually get the boot for gross misconduct, not withstanding whatever the Old Bill chuck at them...

And then we come to Richard Keogh. I won't post the photos of his knee injury here because they are pretty gory but they are findable on Twitter. Again, I will be surprised to see him play professional football again from the severity of trauma to his leg. To me or you, we'd make a decent recovery but probably have a bit of a dodgy knee now and again, nothing that could stop us doing much, but to a pro footballer, it's looking career ending...

Of course, Richard Keogh stepped us for us when our own naughty boys got banged up for an alcohol related incident. Bradley Orr, Steve 'The Tan' Brooker and Dave Partridge all decided to fight bouncers in town and instead did a few weeks in the local nick. Thankfully, the alcohol related debauchery has been eradicated from City, namely after that and the powers that be not wanting a repeat floor show. Whilst the Derby players incident could be deemed more serious, any professional football club has a duty of care to their employees. Did or does Derby do enough for their players? Perhaps a change in management structure is needed... well in January, Derby welcomes the morally righteous and gloriously angelic Wayne Rooney...

On to today...

The hooooooodooooooo of PNE v Bristol City. The bogiest of bogies. That giant green Hulk bogger that try as you might, just won't shift from the top of your nostril. That's PNE. 

We won't win but I'll be optimistic with a 1-1 draw. Massengo to score.

Don't forget that if Bodin shakes off his slight injury and plays today, he might be due a little stick for his previous choice of employers... ;)

COYRS!!

28 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Propa nawty bois 

Unless you live under a rock and missed the delights of Football Twitter, two very silly boys were detained at Her Majesty's pleasure for a few hours this week and another spent the night wasting NHS resources. Of course, I speak of Mason Bennett, Tom Lawrence and City reject Richard Keogh. 

I don't need to go into the specifics, you all know what happened but the irony of this situation was not missed on Twitter. 

Firstly, Mason Bennett aka 'Bizzle' (WTAF *smh*) on Monday, he tweets about Leeds receiving a FairPlay award with obvious mocking. He later deleted it but not before the Twitter universe screen grabbed it as seen here:

Then, on Tuesday, he attends a DrinkAware campaign which highlights the dangers of excessive drinking and alcoholism. This particular campaign is promoting walking football as an alternative to going to the pub and getting shitfaced...

But then, just as stupid is Tom Lawrence. With probably the worst disciplinary record of any player ever in an opening season, he accumulated 5 yellows in Derby's first 7 games and missed the Leeds game through suspension. Yet was allowed to go to the "team bonding exercise" to celebrate that draw. Then after the crash, he was so out of his skull, he forgot his pal was in the back of his motor.

Both of these planks have been dropped from the game today at home to Birmingham and it's unlikely we'll see them play again in a Derby shirt, the rumour suggesting that both will eventually get the boot for gross misconduct, not withstanding whatever the Old Bill chuck at them...

And then we come to Richard Keogh. I won't post the photos of his knee injury here because they are pretty gory but they are findable on Twitter. Again, I will be surprised to see him play professional football again from the severity of trauma to his leg. To me or you, we'd make a decent recovery but probably have a bit of a dodgy knee now and again, nothing that could stop us doing much, but to a pro footballer, it's looking career ending...

Of course, Richard Keogh stepped us for us when our own naughty boys got banged up for an alcohol related incident. Bradley Orr, Steve 'The Tan' Brooker and Dave Partridge all decided to fight bouncers in town and instead did a few weeks in the local nick. Thankfully, the alcohol related debauchery has been eradicated from City, namely after that and the powers that be not wanting a repeat floor show. Whilst the Derby players incident could be deemed more serious, any professional football club has a duty of care to their employees. Did or does Derby do enough for their players? Perhaps a change in management structure is needed... well in January, Derby welcomes the morally righteous and gloriously angelic Wayne Rooney...

On to today...

The hooooooodooooooo of PNE v Bristol City. The bogiest of bogies. That giant green Hulk bogger that try as you might, just won't shift from the top of your nostril. That's PNE. 

Don't forget that if Bodin shakes off his slight injury and plays today, he might be due a little stick for his previous choice of employers... ;)

COYRS!!

I know Steve Jones had a good old tan, but did Steve Brooker have a tan in a different context. 

I think there should be a prize for someone who can name the team LJ selects to start the match, the formation played and the substitutions plus revised formations.  There’s never a dull moment with the selections / formation even if they are sometimes a bit puzzling 

9 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I think there should be a prize for someone who can name the team LJ selects to start the match, the formation played and the substitutions plus revised formations.  There’s never a dull moment with the selections / formation even if they are sometimes a bit puzzling 

I did a predict the team thread last season, offering prize money.  We had 3 rollovers before I won it myself.

Hard one to predict. I think LJ will match up with them today 

Bentley

Hunt    Moore    Williams.  Rowe

Brownhill   Massengo

Weimann  O'Dowda.  Eliasson 

Diedhiou

It is not what I would go for exactly but wouldn't mind it too much. No point in playing Palmer in behind Fam. They really do not suit each other's games.

Could be that Weimann plays up top on his own, but I feel he might not have the attributes to do that unless he has good support.

24 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I did a predict the team thread last season, offering prize money.  We had 3 rollovers before I won it myself.

You won your own contest! If I didn’t have the upmost respect for your integrity I’d refer you to the OTIB Conflict of Interest Committee 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Hard one to predict. I think LJ will match up with them today 

Bentley

Hunt    Moore    Williams.  Rowe

Brownhill   Massengo

Weimann  O'Dowda.  Eliasson 

Diedhiou

It is not what I would go for exactly but wouldn't mind it too much. No point in playing Palmer in behind Fam. They really do not suit each other's games.

Could be that Weimann plays up top on his own, but I feel he might not have the attributes to do that unless he has good support.

Today’s team selection depends so much of Baker and Nagy fitness.

Our best play last week came when we went:

Bentley

⬇️ Hunt | Moore Williams Rowe | O’Dowda ⬇️

Brownhill Massengo

Szmodics

Weimann Diedhiou

I’m not suggesting LJ does start 5212 with Rowe at LCB, but it gets O’Dowda and Palmer into the side whilst retaining 2 up top.

I do wonder whether a back 3 / 5 might actually negate their forwards (3 of Bodin, Barkhuisen, Maguire and Harrop) and the way they like to run the channels or in behind.  It would also mean Johnson sandwiched between our CBs and Massengo / Brownhill.

A real tough team selection.  If Baker is fit, I wouldn’t mind O’Dowda at LWB...that ability to cover 40-50 yards on the ball in transition could be key.  Rowe done absolutely nothing wrong.

I also wouldn’t be against unleashing Semenyo, his positive vibes from last season might give him a spark.

Would just love to see a starting line-up that looks like it will implement the plan without needing a change to spark it.  First goal doesn’t lose today.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

...and LJ entered the 3 weeks of rollover!

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Propa nawty bois 

On to today...

COYRS!!

I think Derby are in a bit of a pickle at the moment but they did ,as was reported, lay on company transport for their staff so absolutely no blame on the club but no sympathy for the three ******** who drank  to excess. 

They are supposed to be professional athletes. 

Going on to more interesting matters, I hate Preston but admire how they consistently over perform. 

Let’s give them a stuffing today and put them back in their box .

We are Bristol City and we don’t have bogey teams but clean handkerchiefs with BCFC sewn into the corners .

Up and at ‘em !

:bruce_h4h:

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Propa nawty bois 

Then, on Tuesday, he attends a DrinkAware campaign which highlights the dangers of excessive drinking and alcoholism. This particular campaign is promoting walking football home as an alternative to going to the pub, getting shitfaced, getting in the car and driving being in an accident risking your skipper's career and losing your licence.

New campaign details!

Archived