IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

4 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Surprising but I guess two away games in a few days, fam to start on Tuesday...although surprised he is not in today as Preston are a big physical side

Not surprised at all. Semenyo caused them all sorts of problems last season. Felt he was always going to start today. He must take his chance today. 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

He will get bullied.  Another strange call from Johnson.....very odd

Why do say that? 

Have you been up at Failand watching the training?

AS will be unknown to Preston and that’s sure to be an advantage. Bearing in mind that Deepdale has been a City graveyard in recent seasons introducing Semenyo seems like a good move.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Why do say that? 

AS will be unknown to Preston and that’s sure to be an advantage. Bearing in mind that Deepdale has been a City graveyard in recent seasons introducing Semenyo seems like a good move.

He won’t be unknown at all. 

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why do say that? 

I just don't think he is ready yet.  Preston are a very savvy, physical streetwise team. I just think he will find this game a bit much

Time will tell

Semenyo is relatively strong for his size and age, and will certainly look to run in behind more than Diedhiou. Personally I think we should have gone with Fam, but I guess Lee thinks that Palmer may be able to find Semenyo and Weimann, in a similar way to as he was doing with Afobe and Weimann. 

AS getting a run of games will do him the world of good.  If he is good enough, he is old enough. Let's all remember the rave reviews he was getting playing for Newport a year or so back, when he was a ' regular' on the team sheet.  Some of those reviews were in that cup run with Newport when he terrified premier league defenders.  I just would like to see him given a proper run now.  Hopefully this is the start !

Afternoon all!   This will be a real test today, as everyone knows that our record is bad away against this mob, but hey, who knows what will happen the way we are playing atm. Personally, I will be happy with a point to keep our unbeaten run going, but it's still possible we can win. So come on you reds!

I am glad LJ is being brave and not just settling with Fam which he knows does a job. He wants more than that. Semenyo and Weimann might not work at all, but he will only know if he tries it.

It is a shame Janneh is injured as i'd fancy having him on the bench in this set up with Palmer in behind and Weimann work rate up top.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Erm, he played against them up there last season?

Archived