IGNORED

Preston North End v Bristol City Match Day 9

Septic Peg

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Today’s team selection depends so much of Baker and Nagy fitness.

Our best play last week came when we went:

Bentley

⬇️ Hunt | Moore Williams Rowe | O’Dowda ⬇️

Brownhill Massengo

Szmodics

Weimann Diedhiou

I’m not suggesting LJ does start 5212 with Rowe at LCB, but it gets O’Dowda and Palmer into the side whilst retaining 2 up top.

I do wonder whether a back 3 / 5 might actually negate their forwards (3 of Bodin, Barkhuisen, Maguire and Harrop) and the way they like to run the channels or in behind.  It would also mean Johnson sandwiched between our CBs and Massengo / Brownhill.

A real tough team selection.  If Baker is fit, I wouldn’t mind O’Dowda at LWB...that ability to cover 40-50 yards on the ball in transition could be key.  Rowe done absolutely nothing wrong.

I also wouldn’t be against unleashing Semenyo, his positive vibes from last season might give him a spark.

Would just love to see a starting line-up that looks like it will implement the plan without needing a change to spark it.  First goal doesn’t lose today.

Rowe oddly looked the best I've seen him at centre back, well since Derby friendly where he played in his best position in central midfield.

I think he is more suited centrally than in wide areas. Will be very surprising if he continues to play well at centre back, a position I bet he's never even played before. 

I thought we edged the first half against Swansea. But second half our problem was Diedhiou and Palmers work rate. They looked so knackered, Swansea got the better of us, where as first half they struggled to get much going outside of their half with our defending from the front.

Key thing seems to me to be we can maybe afford one who isn't a runner in our final third, but not 2. And that's one of the reasons why Palmer and Diedhiou does not work, even with Weimann there as well, we need more movement.

So like you say Szmodics behind them might work. He works his socks off. Him and Weimann buzzing around Fam.

I would personally try something different and would be surprised if LJ goes with Szmodics again. But there are so many options, even with the injuries we have.

The side I picked is not my team, but just have a feeling LJ may go back to Fam up top and Weimann wide, and the extra body in midfield to cope with their 3 man midfield that always get the better of us.

Seems like Eliasson may be due a start too which that system would allow. But it's always so hard to predict an LJ line up, so I don't know why I'm bothering!

3 minutes ago, miketh2nd said:

So it seems its 3 5 2 but possibly 3 4 1 1 with seymeno and palmer alternating ? I like the look of this team!!!

Surely back to the 5212?

Palmer in behind Semenyo and Weimann?

Huge opportunity for Antoine.  Let’s see if him and Andi can click together.  Positive here in the Downend suburb of Montreal.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Surely back to the 5212?

Palmer in behind Semenyo and Weimann?

Huge opportunity for Antoine.  Let’s see if him and Andi can click together.  Positive here in the Downend suburb of Montreal.

Your most likely right money  has restricted watching city this season sadly. 

Archived