IGNORED

Nagy injury (Merged)

FrozenRobin

16 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

If he's deemed fit enough by the Hungarian FA he will play. Despite any frustrations LJ may feel I'd be surprised if we objected or interfered. Right or wrong it's never been the City way to deny a player an international cap. 

There is also a rule, although I'm not sure it's ever been invoked, where a national FA can prevent a player appearing for his club if he's pulled out injured from international duty and then magically recovers in time to play for his club the following weekend, having not been assessed by the FA's medical staff.

36 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There is also a rule, although I'm not sure it's ever been invoked, where a national FA can prevent a player appearing for his club if he's pulled out injured from international duty and then magically recovers in time to play for his club the following weekend, having not been assessed by the FA's medical staff.

It has been in the past.  Can’t remember whothough.

40 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yes it has.

Remember when Sakho played for West Ham vs us in the FA Cup and shouldn't have played? We then lost 1-0 (Sakho goal) and West Ham got a small fine.

On 30/09/2019 at 15:53, Hunsupport said:

In today's presser Marco Rossi said that it was his totally his decision and responsibility (Rossi's) that he started him however he knew he was still injured and not 100%. He admitted that it's his fault that BCFC and LJ were mad, he's the only culprit here. He also said that Ádám is basically fully healthy now and training normally, will maybe play a part in Saturday's game and with more training he hopefully will be 100% for the Azerbaijdan game. I hope it will be that way, he can play a good 90 mins there and everybody will be happy after that. I kinda hate these internationals but admit that this wasn't as issue before as in Bologna no one really gave a s***  what he was doing on internationals or at all for that matters... So it's a new situation that everybody is so mad maybe at him as well when he just wants to be at his best for club and country.

Thanks for the information. 

This just says to me how selfish the international set up have been, so much for player welfare too. I want Nagy to not be restricted and play for his country but there's a line that's been crossed in this instance and it's already cost Nagy, City and to a lesser extent, Hungary... It could have been a lot worse too.

Rossi had admitted fault you say, has he apologised to all other parties involved and made assurances it won't happen again?

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

If there was an injury concern as is the case with Nagy, LJ certainly wouldn’t want him to play and I doubt many City fans would either.

If he is fit enough to travel then he was always going to be in the managers plans and if nagy can help them qualify course we play . 

I just hope we see him again one day.

I always remember when we had Ivan testi ###### (the Moldovan) / he got injured very early in his career with us and never saw him again!

He was quality and although I’ve only seen Nagy against qpr I really think he’s a player.

Come back safe Adam from your travels ?

Maybe when the EFL /Prem managers have a get together they should agree to implement in all new contracts that any players assessed as unfit by an independant physio is not allowed to be released for internationals.

If they all agreed that strategy and stuck by it if the players don’t like it would have no choice other than to move to play in a new country - and probably end up earning less. 

1 minute ago, Red DNA said:

Maybe when the EFL /Prem managers have a get together they should agree to implement in all new contracts that any players assessed as unfit by an independant physio is not allowed to be released for internationals.

If they all agreed that strategy and stuck by it if the players don’t like it would have no choice other than to move to play in a new country - and probably end up earning less. 

As someone else said, make the national associations pay their wages / contractual terms or at least insure them against injury / illness, and then they can have a bigger say.

23 minutes ago, Victory Park Reds said:

I just hope we see him again one day.

I always remember when we had Ivan testi ###### (the Moldovan) / he got injured very early in his career with us and never saw him again!

He was quality and although I’ve only seen Nagy against qpr I really think he’s a player.

Come back safe Adam from your travels ?

Ivan Testemitanu, what a player! He looked like Grant Mitchell from Eastenders, and played 35 times in front of our Eastenders. 

The internet says that he was signed by Pulis! I recall him being decent but I may have imagined that...

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

if nagy goes again id be putting him in the reserves when he came back, would suggest hes only here for a wage and not got clubs interest as priority

Put yourself in the position of any international footballer recovering from injury - who would you prioritise - your home country or the ‘foreign’ club that pay your wages?

To most internationals it’s an open and shut case.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Put yourself in the position of any international footballer recovering from injury - who would you prioritise - your home country or the ‘foreign’ club that pay your wages?

Sadly very true 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I suppose put like that,loyalty favours your home country even though you are contracted to a foreign club. ive got no problems with fit players going, ,it just stinks when the club just about mend him and he could go and risk getting injured again , almost like moonlighting

On 01/10/2019 at 20:49, Rinkadink said:

Thanks for the information. 

This just says to me how selfish the international set up have been, so much for player welfare too. I want Nagy to not be restricted and play for his country but there's a line that's been crossed in this instance and it's already cost Nagy, City and to a lesser extent, Hungary... It could have been a lot worse too.

Rossi had admitted fault you say, has he apologised to all other parties involved and made assurances it won't happen again?

Rossi has probably sent LJ a letter of apology that LJ has filed along with all the apology letters from the referees assoc. regarding poor decisions.

Apologies if covered elsewhere and if so please merge but...

Nagy signs for us ...puts in some good performances but picks up an injury which means we need to sub him 

Despite this he joins up with Hungary, plays and returns to the club injured 

He then doesn't play any minutes for us due to injury but is now joining up with the Hungary squad presumably to play !!

Call me a cynic but surely this isn't good for us ....im sure glass half full thinkers will say 'good to get some minutes under his belt ' but in truth I think we  would all be more comfortable with his return to action coming in a city shirt off the bench to build up his fitness .

After all ...who pays his wages!

1 minute ago, The Humble Realist said:

Apologies if covered elsewhere and if so please merge but...

Nagy signs for us ...puts in some good performances but picks up an injury which means we need to sub him 

Despite this he joins up with Hungary, plays and returns to the club injured 

He then doesn't play any minutes for us due to injury but is now joining up with the Hungary squad presumably to play !!

Call me a cynic but surely this isn't good for us ....im sure glass half full thinkers will say 'good to get some minutes under his belt ' but in truth I think we  would all be more comfortable with his return to action coming in a city shirt off the bench to build up his fitness .

After all ...who pays his wages!

Those are the rules - if he is called up he has to go unless the club and country’s medical teams agree he is unfit.

Many stories of players who were unfit having to join the national team only to be sent straight back.

Blame FIFA for trying to protect the integrity of international football.

That said it is well documented, before the rule change, club managers telling players to withdraw but then make a miraculous recovery for the clubs next game.

Sir Alex was a master of this.

Personally, I don't give two shits about international games, other than World cup and stuff, so I don't get why we have them mid-season, ruining it for fans who dont want to pay to go to Monetegro and hear rascist chants for 90 minutes. Just save it for the summer. Do the fans ever get a say?

11 minutes ago, FrozenRobin said:

Personally, I don't give two shits about international games, other than World cup and stuff, so I don't get why we have them mid-season, ruining it for fans who dont want to pay to go to Monetegro and hear rascist chants for 90 minutes. Just save it for the summer. Do the fans ever get a say?

I’m the complete opposite in regards to international football 

If we follow the actual events:

• Nagy injured during QPR league game at home ruling him out
  • Nagy is recovering ahead if previous international break
  • Hungary call him up
  • City see some benefit in him getting minutes ahead of a return to league so work with Hungarian medical team to make sure he is fit before playing
  • Nagy doesn’t play 1st game, a friendly
  • Nagy fit to play in 2nd game, a qualifier
  • Nagy sluggish during game, gets yellow card, suspending him for next competitive match, and struggling with ankle is substituted 
  • Nagy returns to Bristol City with ankle still not fit / injured again
  • Nagy still suffering from a “thick’ ankle when called up for this set of international games (City were hopeful that he might’ve been ready for Reading so close to being fit)
  • Nagy suspended for 1st game giving more time to be fit for 2nd game 

the rest we will have to wait and see.

Assumptions:

• City weren’t diligent enough in bullet 4
  • Hungary weren’t diligent enough in bullet 4
  • Hungary pulled the wool over City’s eyes in bullet 4

this was what we were discussing the other night, I agree its fine and good to play for your country but not when you are in recovery from injury or not 100% fit.

hes already cost city a packet in wages and not earned them on the pitch,why risk paying him for more.all well and good for hungary isn't it. they can risk it,if he gets broke,send him back to parent club to get mended then break him again. all free of charge.

ive had it very well explained to me about the system and how it works but it does not stop my shit itching in this particular situation

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

If we didn’t play mid season games, how would teams qualify for the tournaments you mention?

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

If we didn’t play mid season games, how would teams qualify for the tournaments you mention?

Of course these games have to take place, but in my opinion there should be a retraction back to the way it used to be - no international breaks, with the qualifiers played mid-week during the season.

The domestic competitions are the heart beat of football but what has changed is players moving all over the world.

Look at Bailey Wright and Fam, traveling huge distances to play for their country, it shows that we sadly can’t go back to how it used to be.

I love the WC and the Euros but I hate City not having a game on a Saturday.

Archived