Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Good distance today mate - but you’re getting dangerously close to my land 😂

Ha ha. Yeah, I did wonder if I’d see you out and about this morning around Limekiln/Tanhouse. 
Just to get some variety I’ve started driving a couple of miles up to Wickwar or Cromhall and then running the lanes between there and Yate/Rangeworthy. It’s made a refreshing change and is a nice run. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Yeah, I did wonder if I’d see you out and about this morning around Limekiln/Tanhouse. 
Just to get some variety I’ve started driving a couple of miles up to Wickwar or Cromhall and then running the lanes between there and Yate/Rangeworthy. It’s made a refreshing change and is a nice run. 

The one I did this morning is a good one to do - Yate Rocks is a nice setting at the start and then you’ve got a about 500m of downhill tree canopy at 5k in down Frith Lane. Old Wood Lanes also a good setting to get near the end. Mix of up/downhills through the lanes, think it’s about 85m elevation.

Said it before - one of the real blessings in lockdown has been finding all these settings for a run on my doorstep. Dreading when it’s too dark to do the lanes!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The one I did this morning is a good one to do - Yate Rocks is a nice setting at the start and then you’ve got a about 500m of downhill tree canopy at 5k in down Frith Lane. Old Wood Lanes also a good setting to get near the end. Mix of up/downhills through the lanes, think it’s about 85m elevation.

Said it before - one of the real blessings in lockdown has been finding all these settings for a run on my doorstep. Dreading when it’s too dark to do the lanes!

Yep, first time I’ve ran up Oldwood Lane. I was going to run though there a couple of weeks ago but missed the turn and ended up in Rangeworthy. So I rechecked the map this morning and came down Limekiln to enter from the opposite end by Engine Common Lane. 
Very nice run. 
Last week I parked up the other side of Wickwar and ran the lanes down toward Hawkesbury and Horton - that’s where I encountered the herd of cows in the middle of the road!! 
Nice to do a few different routes. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hit a bit of a wall today, 22 miles my furthest run of my training plan so far.

I think it's partly due to getting my food and drink all wrong. I didn't take much and planned to stop at a shop that I knew was on my route - didn't factor in the shop being shut 2/3rds of the way round my run!

I fuelled my 3 hours 45 minutes on 3 cliff jelly cubes and 3 digestive biscuits 😂

Legs feel awful and I don't want to run again for a long time!

Link to post
Share on other sites

No running for me this weekend but a good 75 on the bike to get some good miles in before this weekends ride of 125. 
I was a little different for a change on this ride and ate like a pig and took on 2 bottles of tailwind which i find really helps on the longer rides 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mozo said:

So @CyderInACan, important question regards your 1,000km achievement... what classic indie hits did you hear on Absolute 90s radio?!!

Cheers! I kinda zone out sometimes but definitely remember The Eels (Susan's House) and Radiohead earlier! 

Man alive it was bloody hot out there!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This really is an inspiring thread. I open it up, put my trainers on but then get distracted by the Hughton/Gerrard threads and take them off again.

I went a bit mad early in lockdown and believe I injured one of the bands the run up the side of the leg. I'm able to run a couple of 5ks are week now so slowly getting there without aggravating it too much!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

With the pools closed I've had to do some running over the past few months.

God must've realised pretty quickly he had created something inherently evil when he allowed humans to be able to run. He must've quickly passed all responsibility to the devil, who then presumably realised how horrendous running was, and flogged it in a bargain bin to Satan. 

With nowhere to turn Satan must've lucked out and blamed it all on a consortium of Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot. Then, evil itself stepped in and claimed all responsibility. 

My knees, shins and feet are in ruin. Running has no redeeming features whatsoever, and you are all masochists.

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Going for a change in tack with my training and cutting right back on cardio to focus on weight/resistance training and lean muscle gain. I'm down to running 2 x 5 mile runs a week now.

I'm enjoying a change in routine but I will miss running most days! I'm doing a 30-40 min powerwalk on my 'rest' days though so that should scratch the itch to be outside in the real world and not stuck in the garage!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to run a lot I won the Avon 10,000 meters title  and several other races Pb's of 15 min for 5000,30.55 for 10,000 52 mins, 10 miles, 68 half marathon and 2hr32 min marathon  now years later just run for fun but a lot slower but I still enjoy it and it keeps me fit.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2020 at 11:01, Kid in the Riot said:

With the pools closed I've had to do some running over the past few months.

God must've realised pretty quickly he had created something inherently evil when he allowed humans to be able to run. He must've quickly passed all responsibility to the devil, who then presumably realised how horrendous running was, and flogged it in a bargain bin to Satan. 

With nowhere to turn Satan must've lucked out and blamed it all on a consortium of Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot. Then, evil itself stepped in and claimed all responsibility. 

My knees, shins and feet are in ruin. Running has no redeeming features whatsoever, and you are all masochists.

Sounds to me like you want to get yourself on Strava and become the 29th member of our running club :clapping:

  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/07/2020 at 11:01, Kid in the Riot said:

With the pools closed I've had to do some running over the past few months.

God must've realised pretty quickly he had created something inherently evil when he allowed humans to be able to run. He must've quickly passed all responsibility to the devil, who then presumably realised how horrendous running was, and flogged it in a bargain bin to Satan. 

With nowhere to turn Satan must've lucked out and blamed it all on a consortium of Hitler, Mussolini and Pol Pot. Then, evil itself stepped in and claimed all responsibility. 

My knees, shins and feet are in ruin. Running has no redeeming features whatsoever, and you are all masochists.

Ha ha. I knew you were enjoying it mate. 

On 23/07/2020 at 19:15, mozo said:

Sounds to me like you want to get yourself on Strava and become the 29th member of our running club :clapping:

I’ve tried to tempt him fella. He insists he’s not a runner (as the very expressive post above confirms), but we’ll get him there. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TomF said:

Embarrassingly long time for Garmin to be down. They must be proper rodgered

Just having a look back through the Strava OTIB club and I noted your half marathon last week. 
Well done boss, great work and smashing your PB. 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harry said:

Just having a look back through the Strava OTIB club and I noted your half marathon last week. 
Well done boss, great work and smashing your PB. 👍

Cheers man, find myself unsure what to do training wise at mo. I feel so comfortable running longer but it’s harder to find the time. Then again if I really went for it I can hit 21m 5k and probs 45m 10k.. At moment I tend to have a week of 3-4 short runs and then a week of two runs with one 1/2 chucked in.  I guess it sometimes feels like I must run 3-4 times a week but actually maybe I’m just fine with a couple of longer stints.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Yay, new shoe day :)

IMG-6079.jpg

Was long overdue to be fair 😆

IMG-6080.jpg

Very nice 👍 

I’m gutted - am in Cornwall and was really looking forward to a couple of runs along the cliff!! I’ve left my bloody trainers at home 🙈

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have something awful to confess... 

Went for a bike ride today. 

Please don't expel me and make me set up an OTIB cyclist group *shudder*

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mozo said:

I have something awful to confess... 

Went for a bike ride today. 

Please don't expel me and make me set up an OTIB cyclist group *shudder*

Can’t we all just get along?! I like a cycle and weightlifting so maybe it should be the OTIB Strava club 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mozo said:

I have something awful to confess... 

Went for a bike ride today. 

Please don't expel me and make me set up an OTIB cyclist group *shudder*

Don't be ashamed. Don't tell anybody, but some of us in this group enjoy cycling a lot more than running... :fear::fear:

In fact, the opening of the gyms has meant that I no longer need to torture myself by pounding the streets. Apologies for bringing the average mileage of the OTIB group down :whistle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tommy_b said:

Cycling hurts my bum but running makes my knees ache. Dilemma innit.

Yep I tried cycling once back in mid May and it knackered me. Not touched the bike again since 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TomF said:

Yep I tried cycling once back in mid May and it knackered me. Not touched the bike again since 

I mean I like the idea of going out for a nice leisurely cycle around the countryside and stopping at numerous cafes / food spots etc to just keep eating your way through a trip... but it's such a faff. And you look more of a tit than a runner.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a good long session in today

18.5 mile run along the canal. Walked in places where needed. 3 hours and 10 minutes

then 90 minutes of football training

and a round of golf!

47.3k steps 😂

6 weeks til my ultra marathon and time on the legs is looking good, and feeling less painful than I thought it might

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...