IGNORED

Fam

JBFC II

1 minute ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Yes a great gesture, but why make sure a big deal out of it? I am not that up with Twitter but it looks like Famara shared the picture himself?

A greater gesture than bickering between ourselves on here will be to either donate or chat to one of these people next time we see them!

I personally always chat with a guy I see on the walk from Wilmslow station every morning, I do not expect someone to take my picture and share it, just be humane and remember we are all human beings and we know nothing about why the person is in that situation. 

Totally agree, I only shared it as it’s a little bit of good news in what’s been a bad week for the club. 

I attempt to give some money to a local big issue seller as well whenever I see him, as well as stopping for a chat. It’s human nature at the end of the day like you said. Sadly however, this threads been ruined, hopefully the original point still stands though

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

But you opinion appears to be that Fam shouldn’t take a few minutes to pay attention to someone less fortunate, because there’s a boy elsewhere who needs life saving treatment...?!

What a ridiculous statement - please point out where - let’s exaggerate the truth eh 

And to actually find cause to criticise him for it is simply quite staggering and a very sad reflection on you.   

This  nonesense and inaccurate post ironically says so much about you

I sincerely hope you never find yourself down on your luck and struggling to survive. 

You nothing about me , myself .....or what I’ve done to help others

This  nonesense post  ironically says so much about you

16 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Yes a great gesture, but why make sure a big deal out of it? I am not that up with Twitter but it looks like Famara shared the picture himself?

A greater gesture than bickering between ourselves on here will be to either donate or chat to one of these people next time we see them!

I personally always chat with a guy I see on the walk from Wilmslow station every morning, I do not expect someone to take my picture and share it, just be humane and remember we are all human beings and we know nothing about why the person is in that situation. 

If your not that up with Twiiter..........May I ask what makes you conclude that Fam shared the picture himself?  Are you just being contentious and cynical, or do you have any proof that this is the case?

10 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Just in case anybody missed it, Famara D spent some time talking to a Big Issue seller before (apparently) giving her a considerable sum of money - a kind, magnanimous gesture that might have been lost in this now lengthy thread.

No I don't think most people missed it, it just seems the case that certain contributers prefer to drag this situation down into the gutter, rather than try to look at the positive aspects of a kind gesture in an increasingly contemptuous world?

16 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

This  nonesense post  ironically says so much about you

Do elaborate.....

I simply believe that you are chatting shite.

Actually, I believe (hope) that in hindsight, you have realised how ridiculous your previous statements were, but, despite your self proclaimed life experience, you’ve not yet developed the nature or humility to admit that you were wrong. 

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

More impressed with those from here that have donated to the little Rovers lad who needs life saving surgery rather than a overpaid footballer making an effort

@bristolcitysweden in particular a serial donater to such causes and somebody who should be heralded 

Each to their own - All relative

The fact that the money is likely to have gone straight on heroin is irrelevant I guess

I am not quite sure what Famara is supposed to do short of giving back  a sizeable chunk of his wages, something he may do as part of his religious observances anyway. (I think have seen it said he is a Muslim and they are expected to donate 2.5% of their income to charitable causes)

I could understand your disdain if he was the one highlighting what a great and wonderful human being he is, by publicising this act, but he hasn't, he has just gone ahead and tried to help with nothing in return. It should be pointed out that the Big Issue organisation actually don't encourage people to give money to their sellers other than in the purchase of the magazine, so perhaps he wasn't aware of that. 

I listened to the Digital Planet Podcast which is about all things tech, and they did a few pieces recently on how they are bringing The Big Issue in line with the digital age, using links to online content and also by trialling mobile payment technology among some of their sellers. The seller outside the BBC studios was invited in to give a very interesting talk on how it all worked. It would be disappointing if the negative attitudes of some, stopped them from making that investment in homelessness.
Regarding your assertion about Heroin, anything is possible I guess and Big Issue have this to say about drugs in their on literature.

"We have a Code of Conduct which all vendors have to abide by. The Code says that vendors should not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs that affect their ability to work."

"Our assessment and action planning process enables us to help vendors identify the things they want to change in their lives and to access drug or alcohol treatment services. People need a regular income and secure accommodation to be able to tackle problems such as drug addiction. Our vendor audit shows that almost half of our vendors have a substance addiction and we encourage them to access treatment services. However, like any addiction, drug and alcohol addiction is a chronically re-occurring condition and we do not give up on people if they are unable to beat their addiction. We train our staff so that they can give harm reduction advice to people with drug and alcohol addictions."
So they do recognise the issue and they try and help, but they are not stupid enough to think they are the solution.

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

If your not that up with Twiiter..........May I ask what makes you conclude that Fam shared the picture himself?  Are you just being contentious and cynical, or do you have any proof that this is the case?

I was sent this screen shot

Which to me looks as I wrote above, from my limited knowledge of Twitter, this Pezza chap has not tagged Fam in it either?

Am curious how he found out about the tweet? 

I am honestly not sure why it is such a big deal it is not like he is the first person to chat or donate to one of these vendors 

IMG-20191023-WA0004.jpg

54 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Which to me looks as I wrote above, from my limited knowledge of Twitter, this Pezza chap has not tagged Fam in it either?

I am honestly not sure why it is such a big deal it is not like he is the first person to chat or donate to one of these vendors 

IMG-20191023-WA0004.jpg

My local Co-Op!

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

IMG-20191023-WA0004.jpg

Yep,  Fammy retweeted the tweet with an added comment four hours ago - he would have found out about the tweet featuring his pic because some of the respondents to the original tweet ‘tagged him’ in their replies ...

I understand what BobBobSuperBob is talking about reading between the lines. He is disappointed with what Britain has become and the way British people are treated by their own government. Would it have been the same headline if it was "Fam" sitting there being approached by someone from Whiteladies Road? 

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I understand what BobBobSuperBob is talking about reading between the lines. He is disappointed with what Britain has become and the way British people are treated by their own government. 

Ah yes, if only I’d seen it like that!

9 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I understand what BobBobSuperBob is talking about reading between the lines. He is disappointed with what Britain has become and the way British people are treated by their own government. Would it have been the same headline if it was "Fam" sitting there being approached by someone from Whiteladies Road? 

What, a student?

Archived