IGNORED

Bristol City v Wigan Athletic Match Day 14

Septic Peg

Based on that performance, it really could be our season.

To play that poorly, to score twice (from so few chances), to play without an established / recognised striker and to have a number of key players out long-term injured and to still get a point somehow weirdly bodes well.

I know people get emotional, and it wasn't a very good performamce? And It's something when an 18year old  comes on and shows you how to compete and tackle?...........but some of the comments from armchair fans are just ludicrous, get behind your team.......we are lacking 3 to 4 of our best players and are still in the top six!  PS Well played Wigan, I thought u were excellent today.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

And yet, here we are.

I know, its bizarre. I think a mixture of us being a way more pragmatic team than we're used too or expect from a top six team and maybe us genuinely being a bit lucky. Whilst XG isnt the be all and end all, the fact we're in the bottom four for goal scoring chances created says something.  

A point gained there, but still a very lack lustre performance, it almost seemed as if they were knackered after the Charlton game. Is it all down to the injuries , tiredness, or is it just a nervousness of playing at home that is the difference between the away and home performances.

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Sadly not. 2 points dropped against a woeful team with horrendous away record. 

Hardly woeful........they do have a poor away record.......but i thought they played really well and deserved a point.   This is the Championshp, where the bottom team can beat the league leaders, so give some credit where its due?

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Hardly woeful........they do have a poor away record.......but i thought they played really well and deserved a point.   This is the Championshp, where the bottom team can beat the league leaders, so give some crdit where its due?

Disagree. They didn’t pass really well, of the few shots they had, the majority were way off target. The only thing they did well was realise we offer nothing in the last third and had the sense to sit deep and pack the middle.

2 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Hardly woeful........they do have a poor away record.......but i thought they played really well and deserved a point.   This is the Championshp, where the bottom team can beat the league leaders, so give some crdit where its due?

So every other home side who play Wigan would take a point?! 

They took advantage of our obvious lack of height and weakness at crosses. Fair play to them. 
We were poor. Too slow in possession. Clearly no outball without a physical presence up top so almost as if we played it around just for the sake of it. 
starting to hit home that we need 2 or 3 back from injury imo now. 
bit of freshness required. 
kalas got to come straight back in for a bit of steel. 
lets hope Nagy and Korey arent far behind. 

From what I saw  we were disjointed and lacked any link up play or coherence.

Too much tinkering ? Too many matches ? Too many injuries ?

Who knows . 

We did , however , save something from the match and are sitting proudly in the top six tonight so onto Friday. 

Well done to the lads for plugging away.

There are NO easy matches in this division. Any opponent is capable of hurting another . 

It can only be a positive that we are where we are after a quarter of the season has gone . 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

From what I saw  we were disjointed and lacked any link up play or coherence.

Too much tinkering ? Too many matches ? Too many injuries ?

Who knows . 

We did , however , save something from the match and are sitting proudly in the top six tonight so onto Friday. 

Well done to the lads for plugging away.

There are NO easy matches in this division. Any opponent is capable of hurting another . 

It can only be a positive that we are where we are after a quarter of the season has gone . 

A combination of all 3.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Point more than we deserved. Take the point and move on to the next game. 6th after 14 games after being decimated by injury. Yep, I’ll take that. 

Correct. Last 4 games have been poor, but there are reasons behind it.

Its okay to admit it’s been crap, but it’s also fair to understand why.

Credit where due, 

Great tactics today, keeping low profile avoiding a too early top two spot, grabbed a point to keep us in touch while at the same time staying under the radar as much as possible.  Biding our time til new year when we bomb on with newly fit players taking the baton and returning to rip up this league all the way to the Prem. 

Just genius tactics, thats all it is. 

COYR's, never fear, its all under control.  Always Believe. 

Archived