IGNORED

Bristol City v Wigan Athletic Match Day 14

Septic Peg

3 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Not sure what else he could do - Rodri played poorly and clearly unfit. Semenyo dreadful in the week and doesn’t need his confidence denting anymore. 

What does that say about our recruitment. Only had Afobe and Fammy as out and out strikers start of season and let Taylor go. Maybe we should of signed more than 1 striker instead of relying on an untried youngster as back up. 

Can we get slo mo camera to help with our team defend corners?  Watching on the red button the first goal was an obvious one waiting to happen.

Where the hell was everyone and why was Bentley behind both a defender and attacker and being blocked by them?

27 minutes ago, North London Red said:

A minor gripe, but why does the intro to Seven Nation Army have to be on a repeat loop for so long before kick off?

It seemed to go on for an eternity today before the teams finally came out of the tunnel. 

First world problems 

10 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Totally bored v Charlton except for the last 10 mns and completely bored v Wigan today.  We seem to have no idea in the final third at all and 90% of our passed are backwards. Still, at least we scraped some goals and 4 points.

Perhaps City have spent too much time watching England in the Rugby World Cup.

8 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

What does that say about our recruitment. Only had Afobe and Fammy as out and out strikers start of season and let Taylor go. Maybe we should of signed more than 1 striker instead of relying on an untried youngster as back up. 

Recruitment was fine - we've had a lot of bad luck...it happens.

When you are going to be playing 1 up top you generally don't need a raft of strikers in your squad.

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Boring and lacklustre from City. I loathe these atmosphere-free Sunday matches. And we always seem to do really badly in them.

A friend who was listening on RB said it sounded like it was being played at an empty stadium.

I don't think I'll bother next time. Especially if it's an early kick off. It always seems to be awful. 

Our record since start of last season playing on a Sunday at the gate. 

Blackburn 4-1 Win
Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Loss
Millwall 1-1 Draw
Wolves (cup) 1-0 Loss 
Leeds 3-1 Loss
Wigan 2-2 Draw

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Red-Robbo @Carey 6

Is it such a good excuse for lack of atmosphere.

Is every other club flat on a Sunday game? Unsure! 

It's a part of the modern game, it won't be going away. Don't much like it myself either however!

I don't know about every club, but certainly watching early games on both Saturday and Sunday on TV, the atmospheres generally seem quieter.

There are exceptions, mainly for derby games.

7 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I don't know about every club, but certainly watching early games on both Saturday and Sunday on TV, the atmospheres generally seem quieter.

There are exceptions, mainly for derby games.

Well I remember when I was up North in April- Leeds v Aston Villa midday Sunday, very good atmosphere- maybe that's the exception as opposed to the rule.

I understand that it is a drag, it is not ideal- but I'm just unsure, think it can be a bit of a fallback.

One where it should have been a lot better IMO was Wolves in the Cup last season. 15 unbeaten was it, 9 on the spin- had momentum in all competitions and in front of TV Cameras, Cup tie- vs the side who were likely to, and indeed did finish, as the best of the rest in the PL. Good tie, and us unbeaten in nearly 3 months!

18 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Red-Robbo @Carey 6

Is it such a good excuse for lack of atmosphere.

Is every other club flat on a Sunday game? Unsure! 

It's a part of the modern game, it won't be going away. Don't much like it myself either however!

I think a Sunday game is always worse atmosphere wise because people don't tend to drink at all/as much, especially if it's an early kick off. 

The Sunday games we have are avoidable a lot of the time though, they change them out of choice & use the excuse of extra rest/recovery but this was never a problem before the previous two seasons.

13 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Why the hell, did we not mark there cb for both goals. He’s there top scorer with 5 rest have only 1, so he is there only threat and twice we leave him. 
Do we actually talk about these things in training? 
Why bring on Eliasson at ht when we have no player up front to hit with crosses. They had 2 tall cb and we decide to lump it in box.

Last 30 mins we had no strikers on the pitch but 7 midfielders what tactic is that.

Weimann isn’t a striker??

2 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I think a Sunday game is always worse atmosphere wise because people don't tend to drink at all/as much, especially if it's an early kick off. 

The Sunday games we have are avoidable a lot of the time though, they change them out of choice & use the excuse of extra rest/recovery but this was never a problem previously prior to the last two seasons.

Agreed. Less/no drinking time clearly plays a part.

Agreed- though how many of these in recent times have been due to clashes with that lot up the road? Think it's a combination of factors- rest and recovery, Bristol Rugby groundsheet and the other side.

Always seems to have been, at least lately, us who have made way though!

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Agreed. Less/no drinking time clearly plays a part.

Agreed- though how many of these in recent times have been due to clashes with that lot up the road? Think it's a combination of factors- rest and recovery, Bristol Rugby groundsheet and the other side.

Always seems to have been, at least lately, us who have made way though!

Yeah I think it has been the last two times, I think yesterdays game was actually their turn to change but we chose to change due to playing Wednesday. 

It's not just the fans who fail to get going either though, the general tempo of our play seems a lot slower & the players just don't seem up for it. Not sure if it's because the change in their routines where it's usually a day off/recovery.

I just hate Sunday games with a passion, slightly regretting buying Cardiff tickets after that!  :facepalm: 

1 minute ago, Carey 6 said:

Yeah I think it has been the last two times, I think yesterdays game was actually their turn to change but we chose to change due to playing Wednesday. 

It's not just the fans who fail to get going either though, the general tempo of our play seems a lot slower & the players just don't seem up for it. Not sure if it's because the change in their routines where it's usually a day off/recovery.

I just hate Sunday games with a passion, slightly regretting buying Cardiff tickets after that!  :facepalm: 

Hopefully the derby factor will spark things a bit- on and off the pitch.

Should do, plus the number of ex City who play for them is an extra incentive I hope. The fact that if we setup right we have a decent chance of the win too- at worst, a fairly dominant draw.

7 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I think Wigan might have had some input too. If we`d played Saturday they would have had three games in six days so I doubt they would have objected too much to the change.

8 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Yep, need to learn that in this game, you have to kick the ball under the crossbar too.  And you don't get awarded a penalty every 5-minutes either.

Unless you're Rovers.

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hopefully the derby factor will spark things a bit- on and off the pitch.

Should do, plus the number of ex City who play for them is an extra incentive I hope. The fact that if we setup right we have a decent chance of the win too- at worst, a fairly dominant draw.

Red card for Tomlin?

On 27/10/2019 at 14:36, JonDolman said:

What? You've searched for a comment I made about Rowe at left back, when I am talking about him as a centre midfielder. He is physically strong regardless anyway.

'Barely does a thing going forward' sounds like more of an insult to a midfielder than a second choice left-back

1 hour ago, FrozenRobin said:

'Barely does a thing going forward' sounds like more of an insult to a midfielder than a second choice left-back

I am talking about what he does going forward when wing back or left back. Centre midfield is a completely different position. 

Archived