Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Alex_BCFC

2+ leads blown under LJ

How many of those have we messed up? Seems a lot and I don’t think we’ve come back many times from 2 down to offset it...I’m sure someone out there has the stats on this...

5 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

How many of those have we messed up? Seems a lot and I don’t think we’ve come back many times from 2 down to offset it...I’m sure someone out there has the stats on this...

It's November 2nd , We're 5th , calm down and enjoy the ride.

Edited by Vincent Vega
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

We won't finish there if we can't find a way to beat struggling teams 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 3
  • Aubergine 1

5th or 10th is still only going to be 2 or 3 points. We battled last night against a fired up Barnsley. We did give it away but  it would be good too see where Barnsley finish at the end of the season as i would put 50 quid on them being in the top half at the end of the season 

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

5th or 10th is still only going to be 2 or 3 points. We battled last night against a fired up Barnsley. We did give it away but  it would be good too see where Barnsley finish at the end of the season as i would put 50 quid on them being in the top half at the end of the season 

Gwon then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

5th is a total false position and not just because of our extra game. We have had a run of easy games and haven’t cashed in. We’ll start drifting down the table now as we start playing better teams

• Like 2
  • Aubergine 1

23 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I’m not interested in that - I’m talking about 2 goal leads thrown away by LJ during his time here. 

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

5th is a total false position and not just because of our extra game. We have had a run of easy games and haven’t cashed in. We’ll start drifting down the table now as we start playing better teams

Or we will up our game as injured first teamers return and we bring in one or two quality additions in January.

:disapointed2se:

12 minutes ago, City oz said:

I’ll have £50 with you, I’ll even give you odds of 2-1 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Or we will up our game as injured first teamers return and we bring in one or two quality additions in January.

When do we ever bring in quality additions in January? 

17 minutes ago, glen humphries said:

I’ll have £50 with you, I’ll even give you odds of 2-1 

Can we auction the price? I give 15/1 but minimum bet is £200

Good opportunity some money off someone who doesn’t know what he’s talking about!

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

May aswell try and enjoy the ride because there's not much enjoyment in watching us.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Didn’t say it meant anything just that we could be 10th by 5pm ...:yawn:

Could be 13th by the time we go to Cardiff...and no I'm not fun at partys😳😳😳

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Reckon Lee made wrong substitutions and also made them at the wrong time.

But its all a matter of opinion.

We made Barnsley look better than they are.

A skill in which we are past masters ( not just Barnsley)  - sadly!

I reckon any team on a poor run looks at the fixture list to see when they play us.

Edited by downendcity
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Reckon Lee made wrong substitutions and also made them at the wrong time.

But its all a matter of opinion.

We made Barnsley look better than they are.

Did he give any reasons in the post-match interview?  Based on an assumption that there was no injury to Moore, I can’t understand that one.  Watkins first start....70 mins....yeah, I get that.  But off the back of the goal, that would’ve given the pkayers on the pitch a bit more energy psychologically too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Or will that simply give Mr Johnson more options with which to tinker? It would appear that the more players he has, the more uncertain he becomes as to what is his best side.

3 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

We are 5th because of the points we have and nothing else. Its how leagues work and unless you've got a crystal ball how do you know we'll slide down the table ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vincent Vega said:

We are 5th because of the points we have and nothing else. Its how leagues work and unless you've got a crystal ball how do you know we'll slide down the table ?

Some people know things Lee Johnson doesn’t.....obviously 😳

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

It’s called a prediction

Come on get a grip we have only lost 2 games. We are in a strong position at the moment. There are players coming back from injury so room to improve. Things can only get better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

You make that sound like a fact as that’s more of a statement than a prediction. 

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

For me it appears that LJ thinks its job done when we're ahead and then tries to shore things up. How often do we go 2 up and then press on to score 4 or 5. That doesn't happen with LJs teams.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

I’m not interested in that - I’m talking about 2 goal leads thrown away by LJ during his time here. 

Interesting perspective, so lay the blame squarely at LJ’s door..! Whilst ignoring all the positive things that have happened during his time here..! 

• Like 1

I see The Gas are currently leading away to Rochdale... They're sure to win this one after going 2 nil up inside the first 15mins....  OK as we all know Rovers aren't exactly a very professional outfit but never the less it's very unlikely as a pro team to throw away a two goal advantage, three points to The Gas! 

Its hard to imagine any pro team being incompetent enough to throw away such a lead on the road, nah, it'll never happen.

3 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I see The Gas are currently leading away to Rochdale... They're sure to win this one after going 2 nil up inside the first 15mins....  OK as we all know Rovers aren't exactly a very professional outfit but never the less it's very unlikely as a pro team to throw away a two goal advantage, three points to The Gas! 

Its hard to imagine any pro team being incompetent enough to throw away such a lead on the road, nah, it'll never happen.

You make it sound as though we are the only team to have been pegged back from being 2-0 up. 
It happens regularly. Get over it! 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Interesting perspective, so lay the blame squarely at LJ’s door..! Whilst ignoring all the positive things that have happened during his time here..! 

You have misunderstood me - I’m not an LJ out or hater. I’m just wondering what the stats are cos there seems to be a high amount of two goal or more leads thrown away compared to other managers.

My view on LJ is he is a good manager who has had a bit of back luck this season with injuries. He seems to have addressed the losing runs issue 🤞. I’m hopeful he can get us to the PL.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Given that Strictly's on the tele, I looked it up on Soccerbase and the answer is eight times.

• 1 November 2019: Barnsley (a) - 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 28 September 2019: Preston (a) - 2-0 up, 3-3
  • 10 February 2018: Sunderland (h) - 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 18 February 2018: Leeds (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 25 February 2017: Newcastle (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 11 February 2017: Derby (a) 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 2 January 2017: Reading (h) 2-0 up, lost 3-2
  • 13 September 2016: Sheff Weds (a) 2-0 up, lost 3-2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tin said:

Given that Strictly's on the tele, I looked it up on Soccerbase and the answer is eight times.

• 1 November 2019: Barnsley (a) - 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 28 September 2019: Preston (a) - 2-0 up, 3-3
  • 10 February 2018: Sunderland (h) - 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 18 February 2018: Leeds (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 25 February 2017: Newcastle (a) 2-0 up, 2-2
  • 11 February 2017: Derby (a) 3-0 up, 3-3
  • 2 January 2017: Reading (h) 2-0 up, lost 3-2
  • 13 September 2016: Sheff Weds (a) 2-0 up, lost 3-2

Weren't we 2 up at Norwich last season before losing 3-2?

8 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Weren't we 2 up at Norwich last season before losing 3-2?

Nope. We were 1-0 up, then 2-1 up and lost 3-2. 

25 minutes ago, tin said:

Nope. We were 1-0 up, then 2-1 up and lost 3-2. 

24 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Nah Norwich equalised then we scored 30 seconds later

Wasn't absolutely sure, so thanks for the correction guys.