Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Bristol Rob

Ashton Gate Summer Gigs (Merged)

First saw the Killers at a V festival years back. 

I think they'd just released their breakthrough album, so there were about 2 songs everyone knew and 90 minutes of 'eh?' 

That said, they were very good.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

The Manics are good value.

Not sure I'll bother however, two bands I have seen more than once before.

Yeah I have seen the Manics a few times as well so won't bother with this gig.  It'll be a great night for those who do go though, both bands put on a good show.

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

First band are the Killers, fair play to Bristol Sport that’s massive

Massive catch the killers are massive. They are also at the formula 1 in Abu Dhabi December the 1st which is one of the biggest formula one events in the calendar of racing.

Is the Gate gig enough to accomodate the demand for a gig of this size.

• Like 1

Sounds good, looking forward to it. Hopefully will be able to get a ticket. Saw the Killers supporting U2, a long time ago but not The Manics.

Should be a good day/night :thumbsup:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, City oz said:

Massive catch the killers are massive. They are also at the formula 1 in Abu Dhabi December the 1st which is one of the biggest formula one events in the calendar of racing.

Is the Gate gig enough to accomodate the demand for a gig of this size.

Looking at where else they’re playing it seems to be pretty middle of the road capacity wise. 

That being said it’s guaranteed to sell out in no time 

Already looking forward to this, two bands I’d love to see. Having said that though, first up next Friday are the Macc Lads at the Academy. Literally waited about 30yrs for to see them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

That is class. They absolutely nailed it at Glastonbury. I'm in.

In the John Peel in 2017, outstanding gig.

This year on the Pyramid they were average.

Was fortunate to be spitting distance from both stages on the respective years, anyone who was lucky enough to see both would agree the tent gig was 10 times the big stage this year.

• Like 2

Just now, CyderInACan said:

Already looking forward to this, two bands I’d love to see. Having said that though, first up next Friday are the Macc Lads at the Academy. Literally waited about 30yrs for to see them. 

See you next Friday Reg!

Re The Killers...

They have played Bristol before, anyone catch them at The Fleece back in 2004?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, City oz said:

Could be iron maiden as they are in Europe next UK summer but it looks like Ireland is the closest they will get to the mother land.

Just a headlining appearance at Download unfortunately. Should be renamed Mudfest. 

Just now, JBFC II said:

The Survivors - A Killers Tribute Act

Feature a special reworking of 'The Man' performed by Wally, who will be debuting his song 'A very nice man'.

22 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

That is class. They absolutely nailed it at Glastonbury. I'm in.

Yep, agree.  Following Liam Gallagher, everybody was right up for it.

Pretty tempted but this one.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Feature a special reworking of 'The Man' performed by Wally, who will be debuting his song 'A very nice man'.

In which he’ll ride around the stage on a camel, whilst showing off his watch and throwing Monopoly money into the crowd

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Do STHs get first dibs on concert tickets?

As they’re being sold on ticketmaster I doubt it sadly

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

*Tickets Available online NOW …   Rock The Gate!

*(for the Notts Forest game) soz. 

Hey Whistle, just thinking what it most cost to facilitate an event as big as this and if they plan it correct there could be 40,000. attending. I cant see fitting many more than this in. Obviously i have not been to the gate for almost a year because where i live however will be back in the festive season. Will they have big screens outside and around the ground as this could accomodate maybe an additional 5,000?? 

This will promote Ashton Gate around the UK and the KILLERS  lovers around the world. This is an example of how the Gate has progressed over the massive redevolpment as a world class venue. Events like this can only be good for the club and Bristol and hopefully some profits to the club.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, City oz said:

Hey Whistle, just thinking what it most cost to facilitate an event as big as this and if they plan it correct there could be 40,000. attending. I cant see fitting many more than this in. Obviously i have not been to the gate for almost a year because where i live however will be back in the festive season. Will they have big screens outside and around the ground as this could accomodate maybe an additional 5,000?? 

This will promote Ashton Gate around the UK and the KILLERS  lovers around the world. This is an example of how the Gate has progressed over the massive redevolpment as a world class venue. Events like this can only be good for the club and Bristol and hopefully some profits to the club.

Capacity for the gig is capped at 32,000.

Seen them a few times. Travelled to Sheffield to watch 2-3 years back. Believe they will sell out but certainly not a guarantee as midweek. A solid booking. Smashed it at glasto! 

1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

Standing: £71.50

Seats: £49.50 - £93.50

Ouch. Will still sell out easily mind.

Blame the kids who stream everything and don't buy music anymore!

The only way bands can turn a coin these days is from touring and ticket sales.

Strong coins, but as you say, it'll sell out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

It will be worth every single penny. The Killers at Ashton gate? ******* amazing!!

• Like 1

Just trying to count my toes and fingers, haha so 32,000 attending at an average cost of 80 quid = 2,560,000. Am I talking 2.56 mill nah cant be surely as i dont have that many toes. I cant be human or i must be a dancer 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how many other concerts there will be this year, and given that no one guessed The Killers you have to wonder when they'll be announced.

perhaps intercept Emma Britton's emails from Mark Kelly…there'll be clues in there

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Drinking five quid pints out of a plastic beaker.... 

If I’d have got Glastonbury tickets i wouldn’t even be considering it.. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Wonder how many other concerts there will be this year, and given that no one guessed The Killers you have to wonder when they'll be announced.

Kelly said they are already having talks about Summer Gigs 2021 !

I'm not sure but think it was stated that this year The Killers  is the ONLY  Gig they're putting on at the Gate, due to stadium available dates or something … was half asleep but think thats right.

24 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Wouldn't pay £7.50 to see them...........of all the bands in the world......we get the Killers.......stiil slightly better than Westlife? 😜

• Like 1
  • Sad 1