Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Seneca the Younger

Premier League on Amazon Prime (Merged)

12 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

Very low key coverage I thought. Without the fancy swoosh sounds and crap that Sky insist on. 

• Like 1

Of course, he could just not show any football, but then like he says in the replies, the customers will go elsewhere & he wont get them back once that happens.

Edited by Carey 6

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Very low key coverage I thought. Without the fancy swoosh sounds and crap that Sky insist on. 

Trying to be a bit more old school, maybe? 

Just now, CyderInACan said:

Trying to be a bit more old school, maybe? 

Hope so. People just want to watch football. They don't need everything, including wags handbags, analysed to death. 

• Like 1

I really like the idea of this. They could even charge £20 a month and get all the football under one umbrella. Would save me £14 per month straight away. 

It's vital that the 3pm blackout continues if something like this happened though, a few in the replies suggesting that it should be done away with. It would kill grassroots & lower league attendances. 

15 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

It's vital that the 3pm blackout continues if something like this happened though, a few in the replies suggesting that it should be done away with. It would kill grassroots & lower league attendances. 

It's so easy to get Prem 3pm ko games streamed live though if you know how, so a friend told me . . .  

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Apparently there is an option to turn off commentary and just have the stadium atmosphere. Might give that a try for Liverpool v Everton tonight. 

There is, although I couldn't see it on my TV App, only on my phone and tablet.

Funnily enough my tablet was almost a minute ahead of my TV so ended up just throwing that feed to my TV.

We have to blame the FA for these ridiculous TV prices. Sky/BT/Amazon charge these prices because they pay, literally, billions to gain the rights. The FA just sell the rights to the highest bidder, with no regard to the fans, greedy ******* the lot of them. 

Edited by Seneca the Younger
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Apparently there is an option to turn off commentary and just have the stadium atmosphere. Might give that a try for Liverpool v Everton tonight. 

That’s properly the best thing about amazon showing the football so far😂 

I remember sky doing fanzone you press red button and a fan from each team commentates shame they got rid of it

Personally I would much rather talk to people than watch a PL game. I would like to watch a City game and the CL final but that's about it. Try to get the men to bring their women with different incentives  and your pub will flourish. No one is interested in PL football. Really.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

It's so easy to get Prem 3pm ko games streamed live though if you know how, so a friend told me . . .  

HE'S told me how as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Highguy said:

That’s properly the best thing about amazon showing the football so far😂 

I remember sky doing fanzone you press red button and a fan from each team commentates shame they got rid of it

Some of the arguments and bitching was great to listen to wasn't it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

That Dele Alli touch and finish. 

Both glorious.

Glad it wasn’t ruled out for the daft new FIFA rule. 

Not a bad 2nd goal either by Liverpool. 

20 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

You cared enough to go onto a thread specifically about the Premier League though.

The title is exactly cryptic. Didn't really have to read anything else to know what it was about and be able to comment my thoughts.

Edited by TBW

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Personally speaking I’ve enjoyed the last couple of nights watching on Prime, maybe more so as we are in our 30 free trial. Having the option to watch any game is a good addition.

Unfortunately I had the same problem on Prime as last night. Could hear the commentators but no pictures. Not sure why. Maybe there was something I had to activate..........:dunno:

Its disappointing as the Merseyside Derby was a cracking match.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Unfortunately I had the same problem on Prime as last night. Could hear the commentators but no pictures. Not sure why. Maybe there was something I had to activate..........:dunno:

Its disappointing as the Merseyside Derby was a cracking match.

What were you watching on? I was on the Show

Oddly, my prime steam has been shit. Would have expected near 4k quality with the app.

The point someone raised about the Prem/EFL not selling the rights and instead offering their own streaming service is interesting, pros and cons to that, but it would possibly make it more affordable, even if it would take a lump of cash away in the short term.

It might lead to a more equitable division of cash.

9 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

What were you watching on? I was on the Show

Amazon Prime. Logged on. Found the listed match programmes and could get sound with no pictures..........same as last night.

Edited by Robbored

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Amazon Prime. Logged on. Found the listed match programmes and could get sound with no pictures..........same as last night.

I had 2 games on at the same time and the wife(not a show) on netflix all at the same time, suggest you check your bandwidth.

On 03/12/2019 at 20:08, CyderInACan said:

Just “switched over” to check out the production etc, wondered if it would be a bit gimmicky, but it all seems pretty standard fare. 

Didn’t see any of the build up though so not sure who the studios pundits etc are

Anyone else noticed much different to the established Sky/BT shows?

Some thoughts on this here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/dec/03/amazon-prime-video-tv-football-premier-league-broadcast-stream

Personally I don't see much difference from Sky, BT and Amazon. Match day going fans have been 2nd best for a long time. 

Just saw the Merseyside derby - Liverpool were brilliant!  So disappointed I couldn’t watch it live last night. I’m gonna try and phone Amazon Prime to find out what the problem is.

11 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Oddly, my prime steam has been shit. Would have expected near 4k quality with the app.

The point someone raised about the Prem/EFL not selling the rights and instead offering their own streaming service is interesting, pros and cons to that, but it would possibly make it more affordable, even if it would take a lump of cash away in the short term.

😮

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

Just saw the Merseyside derby - Liverpool were brilliant!  So disappointed I couldn’t watch it live last night. I’m gonna try and phone Amazon Prime to find out what the problem is.

That Origi looks useful , shoe in for Benik, go get him Lee.

• Haha 1

After a great deal of effort I managed to speak to someone from Amazon Prime......an American. I explained the problem but he said he couldn’t do anything remotely because there were no live matches on......Gave me a ‘direct’ line number to call if the problem arises again........so the situation remains unresolved....

Edited by Robbored

On 04/12/2019 at 15:37, Seneca the Younger said:

We have to blame the FA for these ridiculous TV prices. 

Keep up.

TV rights for the Premier are owned by, er, The Premier League - the private company owned by its constituent members.

FA to do with the FA.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Keep up.

TV rights for the Premier are owned by, er, The Premier League - the private company owned by its constituent members.

FA to do with the FA.

Then we blame them! We have to blame someone! 

18 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Firstly, the EFL can't run itself let alone run and manage worldwide rights management. PL have in place over 40 deals generating billions ( thanks largely to the mastery of our own Richard Scudamore.) Money from streaming rights at 40k ft or cruising the high seas, wherever there's football they're cashing in and other than the NFL I can't think of anybody having done that better.

Secondly, Amazon's Prime service was pretty much the same as any other 4k streaming I've watched. I've very fast fibre and TV with ultra fast, dedicated processor and the minor glitch is the annoying tendancy for the ball, when passed at pace, becoming translucent. The major issue, like on all platforms, is Hoddle comes across as an absolute ****er....