IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

8 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Made sense at 1-0. In possession he goes into midfield. Was a positive move that ultimately didn’t pay off.

Moving our most energetic CM into CB, when we are down to 10, with Moore on the bench, was absolute madness

Just now, Bicester Red said:

Wrong

I said forget the Luton game 

The Brentford game and other games count

Luton was always going to be a win

They are terrible away from home

So the games we win don’t count then ??

Youve still not answered my question as well btw

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

Hughton… proven record of promotion from the Championship and is available. 

Sorry just cannot see LJ delivering us a play-off place, however much we strengthen in the transfer window.

So a record much like Coppell’s then? Or Pearson’s when he went to Derby, Karanka’s when he went to Middlesboro, or Warnock’s when he went to Leeds?

I agree that Hughton is just as much of a guaranteed success as those four...

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Who would you have took off?

with 10 men we’ve decided to keep both strikers on so really it’s NE or MW and the latter is more of a battler which we’d need in this position

Rubbish Hunt off three at the back. Hunt has been awful!!! What are some people watching?? Watkins is having a good game when several are not!

1 minute ago, JBFC II said:

And how was LJ going to know that would happen...

The argument put forward is that as good a job as Williams had done for us, he doesn't have any pace and Watkins has lots of it. Therefore the mistake was picking Williams to play in the first place, instead of having Moore partner Kalas.

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

I don’t blame anyone walking out when he took off Elliason, when Hunt is terrible has cost us two goals and Ashley Williams.

Utter stupidity. However now he has to get something out of a game with his half time subs...Good Effing Luck. 

He’ll bring Palmer on to open them up, oh, wait...

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Who would you have took off?

with 10 men we’ve decided to keep both strikers on so really it’s NE or MW and the latter is more of a battler which we’d need in this position

Weimann. 

Elliason whipping balls in to Fam and Watkins coming in back post. 

I called Taylor Moore to be brought on the second that Williams got sent off. It took Johnson 10 MINUTES..........and to then take off Eliasson when he did come to his senses?

LJ has had an absolute stinker today I’m afraid and deserves all the stick coming his way, no two ways about it.

Generally, our limitations have been ruthlessly exposed.

Nothing's changed, we still need central defender and a striker. The longer this takes the worse this season will get.

Can't expect Ashley William's to act like this. The Watkins handbags was pathetic as was the tackle for the Red.

Awful by LJ not to make the sub earlier. I want the answer to that. 

We've actually been decent since the change though, Brownhill maybe coulda done better with his shot.

6 minutes ago, 22A said:

"Two nil is a dangerous score line". Somehow I don't think the Brentford players or fans will be fretting too much.

Today will probably be 3 or 4 nil Williams has to take some responsibility but ultimately the manager is the one judged and rightly so, we are now getting the results we probably deserve where as we were riding our luck earlier in the season, which papered over the cracks which are now looking like crevasses 

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

So a record much like Coppell’s then? Or Pearson’s when he went to Derby, Karanka’s when he went to Middlesboro, or Warnock’s when he went to Leeds?

I agree that Hughton is just as much of a guaranteed success as those four...

Of course Hughton would not be a guaranteed success, no manager could be. However, he has been there, done it and got the t-shirt and for my money would make a much better fist of it than LJ.

8 minutes ago, italian dave said:

He did. Second offence can still be a straight red though. 

Ash would've gone away, either 2nd yellow or straight red. Looking at the run of the ball, Ash should've let him through as ball ran to Bentley comfortably. Ref deems challenge as clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity, last man etc.

31 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We ran out of steam with our high pressing game and cup run not helping.

We didn’t bottle the play offs last year, we just missed out on them...

Kalas wasn’t a replacement for Webster, and to say you’d want Rowe over an England u21 international and Weimann over Reid is hilarious 

Weimann over Reid is not ‘hilarious’ - one is an international player with well over a hundred premier league appearances who has never played below championship level, the other is a one season wonder who had been out on loan in league 1 and league 2 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

In 2019 - 3rd most points in the championship. In English football 8th in points per game.

Get a grip 

Only 5 teams have conceded more goals than us in the league this season, how can anyone be happy with that?  A poor defence is never a starting point for success.

3 minutes ago, Prinny said:

Nothing's changed, we still need central defender and a striker. The longer this takes the worse this season will get.

Can't expect Ashley William's to act like this. The Watkins handbags was pathetic as was the tackle for the Red.

Awful by LJ not to make the sub earlier. I want the answer to that. 

We've actually been decent since the change though, Brownhill maybe coulda done better with his shot.

Trouble is nobody will ask lj post match as to why he didn’t put on a ch straight away 

Archived