IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

28 minutes ago, City_USA said:

That's quite the statement. Any chance you can send me some air miles for the 9000 mile round trip to make the next game so I can be a real fan and have an opinion?

Not wanting to sound too entitled but I my preference would be to fly on United airlines in the 1st class cabin if possible

2 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I can’t argue about the support for other managers, but we’ve had some decent players here and still been in relegation battles.

also doesn’t excuse the idea we should be backing our team and supporting them

I don't think many people on OTIB aren't supporting City. 

30 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

We ran out of steam with our high pressing game and cup run not helping.

We didn’t bottle the play offs last year, we just missed out on them...

Kalas wasn’t a replacement for Webster, and to say you’d want Rowe over an England u21 international and Weimann over Reid is hilarious 

Kalas was the only centre back brought in the window so if your saying a free signing because of injury is us replacing webster then fair enough :laugh: 

We did bottle the play off both years because we went on streaky runs and lost how many on the bounce

Weimann scores more then reid he puts same effort in as him aswell reid had 1 good season infront goal, rowe is much better option then kelly hes more comfortable on ball and csn actually pass :laugh: 

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Our early season before January in the season we beat Man Utd, was by far our best performances and our best footballing style. Nothing but downhill since then. That should have sent alarm bells ringing, long ago. 

This gets overlooked massively. LJ  is dining out on that win. The club have eulogised it for god sake in the west stand. 

we have been underperforming for two years now. Would love to know our home record since that United win. 

4 minutes ago, Highguy said:

Kalas was the only centre back brought in the window so if your saying a free signing because of injury is us replacing webster then fair enough :laugh:

We did bottle the play off both years because we went on streaky runs and lost how many on the bounce

Weimann scores more then reid he puts same effort in as him aswell reid had 1 good season infront goal, rowe is much better option then kelly hes more comfortable on ball and csn actually pass :laugh:

Kalas was signed before Webster went, and he’d been on loan the season before. So no, he wasn’t a replacement...

Really can’t be bothered going over the same points with you again, the fact you think Rowe is a better player than Kelly says it all

• Admin
19 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Personally I am not happy with it at all. But the point to me is you are right that our defensive record is atrocious and @Matty_Taylor_is_god is right that, across 2019, we were one of the strongest teams in the division. Yet everyone seem to feel compelled to either declare LJ is either brilliant or utterly incompetent whereas the truth is that he has enough flaws that it is easy to see how a different manager could improve us and enough strengths that changing manager would be a risk that could very easily backfire and undo the progress we have made over the last five years.

What the club should do next is not an easy decision and neither should it be a rash one. I am very torn on it personally.

I can see the argument for stability, what I am struggling with is the football on offer, the lack of on pitch leadership and the bizarre tactical decisions, which seem to bemuse the players as well.

I am fairly confident in my mind that we have travelled as far on our journey as we are going to get with LJ and a change of Manager is very likely needed to take the next step up.  But as to who, I have no idea and wouldn’t want to be making that decision.

47 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Bringing his height into it, brilliant.

I’m sure you are an absolute giant of a man then...

He's not just a half - he's the full nelson.

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

What did Williams do for the straight red? BBC website doesn’t give details....

Shouldn’t have been a straight red.

Striker had lost control of the ball and tackle wasn’t reckless or dangerous 

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Kalas was signed before Webster went, and he’d been on loan the season before. So no, he wasn’t a replacement...

Really can’t be bothered going over the same points with you again, the fact you think Rowe is a better player than Kelly says it all

Yeah kalas was signed before webster left but i beleive the club works a few windows infront plus webster leaving was hardly out of the blue was it

Kelly reminds me of tyrone mings over rated because height and left footed but both poor on the ball 

2 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Shouldn’t have been a straight red.

Striker had lost control of the ball and tackle wasn’t reckless or dangerous 

Doesnt really make any difference still a one game ban and its only FA cup anyway

Archived