IGNORED

Bristol City v Brentford Match Day 26

Septic Peg

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

LJ is the man in charge not MA 

Sorry the blame is with LJ for the performances the clueless style of play 

Recruitment wise LJ has had more then he can moan about how much has he spent hes brought in all the squad apart from smith i believe 

Ashton is COO and LJ's boss. That is why LJ's job title is Head Coach not Manager. The recruitment team also works to Ashton.

As COO he should require the Head Coach to set out his plan for how we are going to play before the season. The recruitment should fit with that plan, as should the coaching.

Instead there seems to be no plan. Or a different one every week.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Hardly Barcelona but 5 points ahead of us and on a different planet in terms of the way they play football........and all this on a fraction of the budget.

I’d be happy to see LJ go but I don’t think people realise Brentford have spent over 25m on players this season 

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He was utterly right to do so. @ChippenhamRed has, like many of us, changed his opinions because the facts have changed.

But that does not change the fact you have spent four years being utterly premature in saying LJ has taken us as far as he can, only for you to be proven completely and conclusively wrong when he continued to improve us.

Now it probably is time for him to go but they doesn’t mean you have been right all along by any stretch.

You’re my hero @LondonBristolian!

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

Ashton is COO and LJ's boss. That is why LJ's job title is Head Coach not Manager. The recruitment team also works to Ashton.

As COO he should require the Head Coach to set out his plan for how we are going to play before the season. The recruitment should fit with that plan, as should the coaching.

LJ has plenty of choices to choose from he just doesnt know his best 11 

We have 2/3 players for each postion so cant blame recruitment 

the style of play and the performances are what fans are unhappy about not recruitment we been throwing money round like mayweather in a strip club 

4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Not sure it’s relevant but MA is the Chief Executive not the COO ...

14 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

He was utterly right to do so. @ChippenhamRed has, like many of us, changed his opinions because the facts have changed.

But that does not change the fact you have spent four years being utterly premature in saying LJ has taken us as far as he can, only for you to be proven completely and conclusively wrong when he continued to improve us.

Now it probably is time for him to go but they doesn’t mean you have been right all along by any stretch.

Regardless...he isn’t going anywhere anyway. Even though as you say...the time is right, Lansdown is to stubborn to pull the trigger 

1 minute ago, BTRFTG said:

If I was a player in demand I sure as hell wouldn't be attracted by the rabble management we offer. 

If SL has the balls it should have as owner, he should have LJ in the office and tell him he will get no more money for signing more players that he can't manage. Tell him to improve the results and play with the players he already has or else out the door at the end of the season.  Personally I would want him gone now, but we know that won't happen.

1 minute ago, Highguy said:

LJ has plenty of choices to choose from he just doesnt know his best 11 

We have 2/3 players for each postion so cant blame recruitment 

the style of play and the performances are what fans are unhappy about not recruitment we been throwing money round like mayweather in a strip club 

You might want to read my post again but just in case it isn't clear, my point is that there is no planned style of play. Without that recruitment and coaching will be inefficient.

If you have too many different "clubs in the bag" because you have no plan the risk is that you will keep changing how you play, which just leads to confusion and inconsistency.

13 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

He’s done pretty well to take us to where we are by being clueless, what does that make cotts?

I call it 56 signings in 8 windows, with around 23 of them being loans or academy players. That’s still 36 players brought in, ok some of them have been moved on but it is too much I agree. He has been our most backed manager due to sales really, look at the players Cotts wanted to bring in. 

We don’t have the ability to become a top 6 side imo, he’s done an excellent job turning us from a relegation candidate to a top half team but we aren’t going to get any further under him

Never understood how people can compare LJs performance to Cotts. It was pretty evident something happened between Cotts and the board (or Lansdown) as it pretty much seemed like he had all his financial backing pulled 

As soon as he went we started finding the money for players like Tomlin

13 minutes ago, RedSA said:

I’d be happy to see LJ go but I don’t think people realise Brentford have spent over 25m on players this season 

11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Shush now, that doesn't fit the narrative.

But how many of our players would get in their side......................

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

You might want to read my post again but just in case it isn't clear, my point is that there is no planned style of play. Without that recruitment and coaching will be inefficient.

If you have too many different "clubs in the bag" because you have no plan the risk is that you will keep changing how you play, which just leads to confusion and inconsistency.

So LJ not knowing his best 11 players to play a way that he wants to then that his MA fault? who backed him and got him players fans were over the moon with 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Never understood how people can compare LJs performance to Cotts. It was pretty evident something happened between Cotts and the board (or Lansdown) as it pretty much seemed like he had all his financial backing pulled 

As soon as he went we started finding the money for players like Tomlin

Yes, Cotts is not a yes man and that's what SL wants, that is why he wanted LJ.

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Not sure it’s relevant but MA is the Chief Executive not the COO ...

You are correct of course but the point remains that he is LJ's boss and should be requiring a playing plan from him instead of allowing him to be so totally unstructured in his approach.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They will have a smaller wage bill than we do and they are well ahead of us in terms of the football they play. Miles ahead in fact.

Definitely their previous wage bills have been smaller. They’ve pushed the boat out a bit this season with the new stadium incoming (ffp measured over three years) - a few 5m + signings on decent wages, Pontus Jansson, new contract for Ollie Watkins etc (not cheap with his rep now). 

Again, not defending Johnson so much.  More pointing out Brentford are a bit of different beast this season than previous. 

10 minutes ago, RedSA said:

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Shush now, that doesn't fit the narrative.

Yes they have spent that, but also sold Maupay, Konsa, Sawyers for about £35 million - just for some perspective.

They play better football than us, all seem to know their jobs and they have one of those "identity" thingys. 

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

It's probably also why he seems to do better when he has fewer players to pick from, such as earlier this season, because he's forced to stick to a consistent team selection and style.

3 minutes ago, Highguy said:

So LJ not knowing his best 11 players to play a way that he wants to then that his MA fault? who backed him and got him players fans were over the moon with 

I won't keep repeating myself as my point about the absence of a playing plan being agreed before you even start clearly isn't getting through.

Archived