IGNORED

Post story - LJ and Palmer conflict means Nketiah could go elsewhere

Major Isewater

25 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The whole KP scenario screams of a crap attitude and a disruptive influence along with failure to stick to the team’s instructions............No manager will want to keep a disruptive player around the squad.

Good riddance I say.

Given the frequency of change in the team, is LJ even sticking to his own instructions? 

LJ brings an absence of stability and identity. 

? this feed is like every other on this forum at the moment in the sense that its the same old biased speculation and flash in the pan ITKs that are used to paint a picture of certainty that Johnson must be on his way out. No solid information, no insight. I appreciate it can't be all rosey behind the scenes at the mo, but i come here for perhaps a little information or a balanced argument not to hear the same people, repeating the same argument again and again, hoping it gains traction or by chance has some grain of truth. Im neiter in  'LJ in' or 'out' but if it meant the end of this teadious saga on a forum I love than i think I'd show him the door myself.

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

For local journo’s to be putting stories like this out there is clearly some disconnect with the club. He’s not going to get anything from LJ moving forwards......

I’m not sure he does anyway aside of attending scheduled press conferences. 

29 minutes ago, westonred said:

Because Palmer might have told him a few home truths about LJ and he might not want to play under a manager who allegedly has lost the dressing room (no source just loads of rumours)

I don’t particularly like LJ and would be quite happy if he left the club tomorrow, but you’re basing that on a lot of assumptions and hear say...

1 minute ago, Never to the dark side said:

Didn't Ian Wright suggest that  Nketiah should go to Leeds and thats why Ian Wright came to a Bristol City game  recently?

Quite right John.  That’s exactly why Nketiah went to Leeds and he’s getting very little game time there. Do you think that Bielsa doesn’t know how to manage him?...............:cool2:

47 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

There are obvious and worrying parallels with the GJ era. 
Failure to find a quality forward

mismanagement of our most exciting players

increasing reliance on expensive loan players

Expensive yet very ordinary loan players. I want to see players that excite me. The poor standard being played at present certainly does not nor does it give me much hope for the future! 

12 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

Hasn’t even given Palmer a good run in the team since he signed him. Why sign him in the first place if he’s not going to give him a chance. Palmer and Eliasson are the only 2 players in the squad that can make things happen, yet are the 2 who struggle to get game time. Whilst others who underperform week after week and just walk in.

Yet more piss poor man management from LJ

All this flies in the face of the DNA BS that the club feeds us. We signed Tomlin yet everyone in football knows he is an immense talent with a slightly less immense attitude but we signed him.

Now we apparently have a “bad apple” in Palmer according to the experts on here having just invested a few million on the bloke!! If true then another failure of Ashton’s “self lauded” DNA checking system has occurred?

Elliason, easily our most effective player and arguably our most talented, will no doubt bugger off if his game time stays as it is and given the pretty disparaging remarks made about him by the Manager on the radio on more than one occasion. In fairness who can blame him?

LJ has work to do!!

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Well as LJ is head coach that is usually how it works. Head coach is given players and up to him to make it work. MA is doing his job. Kasey Palmer at the price is almost a no brainer. One good season his price triples at his age and with his CV. 

It could also reveal a bit of conflict between MA and LJ and explain why we signed Szmodics who can’t get a game and Pato who was shoved out on loan on deadline day .

11 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Because a talented player like KP can’t even make the squad on match day , there is a doubt that  the same thing could happen to Arsenal’s player . 

You wouldn’t want your player getting on the wrong side of the head coach . 

Talent yes, performances... No!

Doesn’t matter who your manager is, if you aren’t playing well then you won’t play. I get that could be said for a few players but unfortunately he can’t drop everyone so he chooses the ones that put in the effort.

Complete non-story!

11 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What has Gregor done to suggest he is not credible? Genuine question. To my mind he’s been a decent reporter since he arrived, not sensationalist, finding out what he can and passing it on.

Indeed - @Shtanley interviewed GMG in a recent podcast and he has a good relationship with LJ, he's hardly going to post this unless he knows it to be credible, what's the point in burning bridges for a cheap story if it isn't? It makes no sense.

I've said my piece on a prior Kasey Palmer thread last week - the idea he's been "crap" is ridiculous, bar a few thankless and very sporadic cameos recently. Another victim of the lack of consistent approach and scapegoating of certain players.

31 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The whole KP scenario screams of a crap attitude and a disruptive influence along with failure to stick to the team’s instructions............No manager will want to keep a disruptive player around the squad.

Good riddance I say.

I don’t say this often but.... you might be right. People only here LJ has fallen out with KP but don’t know the ins and outs of what has actually happened. Easy to pin it all on LJ as crap management etc. 

2 minutes ago, eric04 said:

This story might as well have been written by Kasey’s agent. In fact I’d be almost certain that is the source. I look forward to the club’s response at their next press conference. 

OK but it would explain a whole lot of things and therefore must have some credibility.

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It could also reveal a bit of conflict between MA and LJ and explain why we signed Szmodics who can’t get a game and Pato who was shoved out on loan on deadline day .

It was weird that we ended up with Paterson, Szmodics and Palmer. Complete overkill in one position and suggestion of poor planning by somebody.

I've spent a lifetime working with world class creative people. People with skills I don't have myself. I recognise how difficult it can be to accommodate big egos and get the best out of them. But that is the job of anyone managing at that level. Which is presumably where Bristol City aspire to be. Anyone aspiring to a top job in football management needs to have the capacity to coax great performances out of slightly arrogant young men who also have fragile egos. 

It is far easier to manage people who do exactly what they are told, never challenge and never surprise...less rewarding but safer. There are easier football management jobs...in the lower leagues. If LJ can't cut it managing outstanding talent - and I've also heard that this is a recurring issue - I'd suggest that's where he plies his trade. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

An interesting story in the Post ( never thought I’d write this sentence) 

Palmer is unhappy with what’s happening at City and his relationship with LJ is at rock bottom. 

With several clubs interested he could be out the door this window.

A big problem is that KP is friends with Nketiah who has asked him what life at City is like .

The implication is that as LJ is cold shouldering KP the report will not be very positive.

If we sell KP it will be ‘ LJ OUT ‘ for me . 

The whole KP scenario screams of mismanagement and he is not the only player who has suffered from it .

There's a lot of contributing factors that led to the board discussing his position as manager after the Brentford game. This being one of them. There is serious concern with the current managerial teams discipline and attitude towards big money first team signings in the summer. All is not well in the camp and it's not just between LJ & Co and Kasey. 

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The article says that it was an Ashton ‘ punt ‘ signing and it appears that LJ wasn’t that keen on KP. 

I didn't see that in the article I read...did I miss something?

26 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What has Gregor done to suggest he is not credible? Genuine question. To my mind he’s been a decent reporter since he arrived, not sensationalist, finding out what he can and passing it on.

Agreed. Interesting question would be who fed him the story...

8 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Talent yes, performances... No!

Doesn’t matter who your manager is, if you aren’t playing well then you won’t play. I get that could be said for a few players but unfortunately he can’t drop everyone so he chooses the ones that put in the effort.

Complete non-story!

Good point in truth but you then question why he was signed.

But putting Palmer to the side my gripe is with the treatment of Eliasson our best player and stats, so loved at this club, bear it out.

We know Eliasson is not the best defensively but surely, given that he offers more going forward than any other player we have by a considerable margin, you have to build a system and team to suit him?

Do that first then work on plans B-D!!!

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

Indeed - @Shtanley interviewed GMG in a recent podcast and he has a good relationship with LJ, he's hardly going to post this unless he knows it to be credible, what's the point in burning bridges for a cheap story if it isn't? It makes no sense.

I've said my piece on a prior Kasey Palmer thread last week - the idea he's been "crap" is ridiculous, bar a few thankless and very sporadic cameos recently. Another victim of the lack of consistent approach and scapegoating of certain players.

Totally agree, and I personally have no real idea if some players are worth the price we paid for them as i simply haven't seen enough of them on a consistent basis to make that judgement.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Yea the recruitment while it can be good seems to be all over the place. Seems like both get to sign players they want.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

An interesting story in the Post ( never thought I’d write this sentence) 

Palmer is unhappy with what’s happening at City and his relationship with LJ is at rock bottom. 

With several clubs interested he could be out the door this window.

A big problem is that KP is friends with Nketiah who has asked him what life at City is like .

The implication is that as LJ is cold shouldering KP the report will not be very positive.

If we sell KP it will be ‘ LJ OUT ‘ for me . 

The whole KP scenario screams of mismanagement and he is not the only player who has suffered from it .

Not true. 
I spoke to someone who works in the media team at city and Palmer has been seriously affected by the death of Afobe's daughter. His head isn't in the right place to play at the moment hence why he's not been in the team. 
A loan elsewhere could do him some good as a fresh start, we will not sell him unless a massive bid comes in for him. 

46 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

If we sign Nketiah it will be because of the promise of regular football which will be best for his development. It would have nothing to do with the fact that his best mate, who has been shit most the season, is not happy.

Arsenal wouldn’t recall him from sitting in the bench at Leeds just to sit on the bench at City, so why would be not join us because of Palmer?

Whilst I'd like to agree I honestly don't, he was due to sign for us at the beginning of the season and instead went to Leeds and that was all due to people giving him their opinion. 

It may seem crazy for a player to make such big decisions based on others opinions but when you're in high demand it does give you that luxury of listening to others. If KP said "He's not going to give you game time if you have a few bad games!" that's exactly the kind of thing that could see him go elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, Robson said:

Not true. 
I spoke to someone who works in the media team at city and Palmer has been seriously affected by the death of Afobe's daughter. His head isn't in the right place to play at the moment hence why he's not been in the team. 
A loan elsewhere could do him some good as a fresh start, we will not sell him unless a massive bid comes in for him. 

I thought that this might be a reason. I don’t think people appreciate how close they got, not just the 2 as players but both families. 

2 minutes ago, Robson said:

Not true. 

Too many “stories” from various sources coming out of the club at the moment. Time for Steve Lansdown to get involved as he does from time to time. What the **** is the media team doing feeding stories to you to post on a forum, no disrespect intended?

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The article says that it was an Ashton ‘ punt ‘ signing and it appears that LJ wasn’t that keen on KP. 

We all saw the lack of game time given to KP during his loan and many were surprised that we signed him after that .

We can also factor in a despondent Afobe if KP goes . 

I don’t doubt that KP isn’t perfect but a good coach would harness his abundant talent and apparent desire to settle at a club . 

This is true Major. Remember when LJ said he wanted to spend a pre season with KP which never happened. It wasn't LJs decision to sign him, MA and a certain board member went ahead with the deal. As I previously stated this was to keep relations with Chelsea. 

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

OK but it would explain a whole lot of things and therefore must have some credibility.

All I’m saying is it won’t give a balanced view of the facts, rather the opinion of a professional paid to act on behalf of his client. 

Archived