IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 31

Septic Peg

Bon soir mes amis!

Quite the week for City related football. Let's recap...

LJ marked his 4th anniversary and got nominated for manager of the month (thankfully he didn't win - THE CURSE!)

Nahki Wells did get nominated and won player of the month. He accepted his award at Failand for his great performances... for QPR. ?

And finally, the most important and most beautiful news was our own Sammie Szmodics whom was involved in saving a life. A wonderful and awe inspiring thing to do. Today, Sammie took the young lad involved out for a coffee, in his own time and off his own back. Just a tiny thing for Sammie but it was a huge thing for the lad. Just making that step into the unknown is a scary thing but he did it and now is making the steady steps to recovery.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you are suffering or struggling, reach out. See your GP, talk to a relative or a friend or even speak to someone on here. There is always someone around to respond. It's the hardest step but the first step and every step after is a step closer to an issue being dealt with. You will recover. Just ask for help. 

On to tonight. Kalas is still not fit. He might get 10 minutes off the bench but its doubtful he'll even be on it. 

Weimann is out with a dead leg but we all want to see a Nahki/Diedhiou partnership. Expect this. If Diedhiou plays like the other day, woooooweee, I'll be excited.

Jack Hunt is also out with a dodgy ankle but with his performances of late, it seems he won't be missed by the fans. Expect Pereira to start.

The blue side of Birmingham are also struggling with injuries but go into today's game 4 unbeaten in the league, most recently beating Forest 2-1. They do linger a few places and 8 points from the relegation zone so will want to come out of the blocks tonight to further their escape. 

One to watch is Villa reject Scott Hogan whom has crossed the Brum divide with a loan from Villa until the end of the season. 

With our very dear friend Keith Stroud officiating we are sunk. Announce 2-1 Brum win with Wells sent off, a penalty denied for us and a Hand of God goal for Hogan. Just watch. Funny.

COYRS!

I assume LJ's message to the players is - "don't let up, it's your position to lose so keep proving you deserve to start".

I don't mind this as it should keep any feathers being ruffled with the old players and hopefully acts as some extra motivation for the new boys to fight for their place in the squad, not to rely on their market value buying them a place! 

COYR!

Evening all to a snowy Tallinn, not much, but then we haven't had much this winter (global warming?) Hopefully the boys will continue with another win tonight, they certainly have a reason to do so with all the talent waiting on the bench.  I am going for a 2 - 0 win and hope that LJ uses the bench wisely when we have a case of tired legs.  So Come on you Reds, get us into 3rd place, even if it is only for 24 hours.

Archived