IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 31

Septic Peg

Just gone back through the home league results from when LJ took the job as manager and it looks like it is 40 wins from 105 home games. Make of that what you will. Works out at about a 38% home win rate.

Think I miscounted number of games. It's 40 from 95 so 42% wins.

13 minutes ago, Oops said:

Yup

Scored and promptly disappeared up his own bumhole for the next 89 minutes ?

one arm wave on the way to take a corner doesn’t give him a 4 I’m afraid ?

Was a time I would have agreed with you, but coming back from Derby he’s a changed player, full of desire and energy, it was that desire that gave us the lead! His energy was evident for the whole game! Wish we could have said that for the whole team!

Bottom line is we COULD of gone 3rd but someone bottled it even when gifted a head start..... Will finish 8/9 as I said before Christmas and to most another good season in the championship. For the rest another transfer window passes buy selling key players and not having a replacement to improve us.... Better still spend 4/5 million on a proven goal scorer and keep him on the bench FFS.... LJ is clueless.

5 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Was a time I would have agreed with you, but coming back from Derby he’s a changed player, full of desire and energy, it was that desire that gave us the lead! His energy was evident for the whole game! Wish we could have said that for the whole team!

Ok, so you listened to it on the radio.

?

I went for a slash at about 30 mins, fought my way through the Stone Island gang by the bars, and Pato’s Last meaningful touch up to that point was the goal he was kindly offered by the Birmingham centre half’s buffoonery.

And then nothing for 60 minutes. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

LOVEALEE,  well are we that think he is not all that allowed a small moment of I told you so? 

Fatchers why the confusion? I'm not convinced by our manager, tell me why I should think differently? please don't come up with the tired old we have improved our league position every season because you watched the game tonight? after 50 odd players and god knows now how many transfer windows did you see any sign that we are going in the right direction?

My four observations:

1) When we encourage full-backs to get as far forward as Hunt and Dasilva we leave gaping gaps behind them. If either lose the ball upfield it only takes a long ball down the flanks to undo us. Two centre-halfs cannot cover that width and a speedy winger will find the ball deep in our territory and can set up a goal against us. This happened for their first tonight, and for at least a third of all goals we concede. If we play a back 4, I'd rather they are more defensive than offensively-minded.

2) As the system/players clearly weren't working in the first half WTF did LJ wait nearly 15 minutes into the second half to make the subs that tilted the game in our favour? We were never going to improve set up as we were. Surely he'd seen enough to prove that! Who knows? the extra minutes of attacking intent might have been crucial. Instead overcaution and inertia again led to us wasting precious time.

3) I really hope Henrickson can give us the solid/hard to get around/a bit nasty midfielder we've lacked throughout the LJ years. The absence was never more clear than tonight. 

4) The newbs looked pretty good. I think they have the potential to make us harder to beat if used correctly.

I went to the game last night. Back for a spell. Wish I hadn't. The most disjointed display I have seen for years. The best midfielder the team has goes to Burnley, you bring in what looks like an even better replacement and he does not even get on the pitch as a sub. That was an awful midfield last night. Huffed and puffed and no forward movement. Very poor management that the bleeding obvious was not rectified with correct substitutions but more crucially why was that midfield played from the start? It baffles me when you have the team of Birmingham to face who I thought defended brilliantly and overall were far superior in all departments. 

Was Bentley at fault for one or more of the goals? 

Was Williams too much of a focus for the other players when he came up to the front? It seemed to me he just got in the way at times last night.. not his fault.

Hugely disappointing opportunity missed sad to say by inept team selection and formation that was changed too late and to nil effect.

Johnson needs Henrikson on from the start for the Derby match. 

Wing back for Weimann? That seemed a very odd re-position and I don't believe it gave us anything. 

We all went home very grumpy even if the food and service drowned some of the sorrow.

All depends what people want from games they go too. Some people go to be entertained. As for those people no one can argue at the fact they want Lee gone as they are not getting what they pay for. Is that wrong for them to think that?

A friend of mine goes to the home games with his dad every week for the last 5 years. He said he used to love going as it was the only quality time he got to spend with his dad. Now he said the day just ends with them both being miserable due to crap football being played. Is it wrong for him to want Lee gone?

many of my happy memories from supporting city are from our lower league days. I think i would quite happily play like we did in our double winning season and just flutter around in the championship. Probably a minority with that.

Ask many fans of teams that have gone up and then back down which league they prefer to play in and i think it will surprise you....

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

I went to the game last night. Back for a spell. Wish I hadn't. The most disjointed display I have seen for years. The best midfielder the team has goes to Burnley, you bring in what looks like an even better replacement and he does not even get on the pitch as a sub. That was an awful midfield last night. Huffed and puffed and no forward movement. Very poor management that the bleeding obvious was not rectified with correct substitutions but more crucially why was that midfield played from the start? It baffles me when you have the team of Birmingham to face who I thought defended brilliantly and overall were far superior in all departments. 

Was Bentley at fault for one or more of the goals? 

Was Williams too much of a focus for the other players when he came up to the front? It seemed to me he just got in the way at times last night.. not his fault.

Hugely disappointing opportunity missed sad to say by inept team selection and formation that was changed too late and to nil effect.

Johnson needs Henrikson on from the start for the Derby match. 

Wing back for Weimann? That seemed a very odd re-position and I don't believe it gave us anything. 

We all went home very grumpy even if the food and service drowned some of the sorrow.

I can understand the Henriksen thing as he hasn't played in a long time when sidelined at Hull.

We need him up to speed asap clearly.

However, I couldn't help thinking that Palmer should've been on the bench and on the pitch in the second half.

He lays those incisive passes that a player like Wells feeds off.

Don’t get to many games, but was there last night. I hate to see City loosing and it makes me grumpy for days after the game.

Last night we lost a game that in reality we could have won too. Hogan was in the right place, Weimann was unfortunate (it happens), we missed some good chances. The league is very competitive and this is going to happen. However, I’m not grumpy and why?

We are in the top 6, everyone around us are loosing games too, we have a great squad, the stadium is amazing, the fans are there in numbers, the new songs make me laugh, I could go on. The future is good ladies and gents. However, the family still haven’t dared to ask me about the game...

Love our club. CTID.

14 hours ago, Crackers Corner said:

After winning 4 games in a row?, this Johnson in/out after every game is getting boring.

And those games were only won by frantic defending!  Not by attacking football and that is the problem, LJ sets them up for an away game even though they are at home, senseless tactics.

Archived