IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 31

Septic Peg

One day, hopefully soon, we'll have a new head coach or manager and we'll remember that it is possible to play with purpose and actually take a game to the opposition. We'll see City play at Ashton Gate and dominate the opposition. Then we'll realise that we've had the wool pulled over our eyes for four years. This team has too much quality to be this bad.

8 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Sorry but that stat is absolutely incorrect. At a guess his home win ratio is somewhere like 35%, not great but more than 25/110.

Just taken a look at his home results and from Johnson taking over Feb 2016,

End of 15/16 - 4 wins from 8 home

16/17 - 11 wins from 25 in all comp

17/18 - 16 wins from 29 in all comp

18/19 - 10 wins from 29 in all comp

19/20 - 6 wins from 18 in all comp so far

Total games 109

Total wins 47

43% win ratio

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

we are too predictable and teams know how to set up against us at home

We are just static with very little to no movement at all.We have a decent side ..........but our big weakness is our midfield,no physicality and powder puff.No wonder we concede so many.........

3 minutes ago, Xiled said:

One day, hopefully soon, we'll have a new head coach or manager and we'll remember that it is possible to play with purpose and actually take a game to the opposition. We'll see City play at Ashton Gate and dominate the opposition. Then we'll realise that we've had the wool pulled over our eyes for four years. This team has too much quality to be this bad.

out of emojis, but could not agree more.

5 minutes ago, chucky said:

Total games 109

Total wins 47

43% win ratio

Pretty unbelievable that the higher we get the worse our home form is. Our away is incredibly good and must be getting better.

8 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It may well be his team, but he hardly tells players to go out there and make stupid errors, to put that down to him is laughable 

really?

...ok, well - and no offence meant - you may as well give him a free pass then.

He coaches the players and picks the team. I've run big teams of creative people. If they failed to produce I was never in doubt that it was my fault.

Johnson out. Despite resources to kill for, simply not up to the job.

10 minutes ago, chucky said:

Total games 109

Total wins 47

43% win ratio

Think its 40 wins in the league over those seasons, 14 since the beginning of last season 38 games which has been the problem. 

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

really?

...ok, well - and no offence meant - you may as well give him a free pass then.

He coaches the players and picks the team. I've run big teams of creative people. If they failed to produce I was never in doubt that it was my fault.

Johnson out. Despite resources to kill for, simply not up to the job.

This is the bit that really concerns me - I don't know what else Lee needs to have given to him to manage a competent home performance over anyone not in the bottom three. I still don't see us finishing anywhere near the top 6 I'm afraid. 

We can't play the bottom 3 every week and away wins will get harder when we get to the pointed end.

14 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

This season played14 won 6 drawn 4 lost 4 

last season played 23 won 8 drawn 8 lost 7

Season before tha won 11 drawn  6 lost 6

so it wasn’t 110 as I first suggested but it was 25 wins in the last 3 seasons,

which is still shit and still backs up the point I’m trying to make, 

Johnson only knows how to set up an away team, he is fantastic away from home but his home record is  disgrace and there is no defending it

Go to bed mate 

Our midfield isn't strong enough or good enough on the ball to dictate or boss games, even if we're 1-0 up against lowly opposition at home. 

The amount of aimless, lofted passes today was infuriating. 

Unless Henriksen can come in and change that dramatically we will not make the playoffs by desperately trying to defend a 1-0 lead.

LJ has had a lot of plaudits about our away form and the amount of points we have picked up but I feel it's disingenuous of people on here to say the home performances are not down to him and you can't compensate for players making bad errors.The tactics tonight were shambolic and it is down to the manager not to the players who play the way he wants them to play.We are slow in our build up play with very little movement and play a high percentage of our passes in our own half.If LJ didn't want them to play like this I,m certain he would be animated on the touchline telling them to move it around quicker......but no,nothing.A few minutes left of normal time and we play 6 passes at the back to get a few yards into their half.It really is poor and undefendable, so the stick he gets tonight is justified imo.

Absolute shite throughout.

Weimann at wing back?? Ok Lee, time to stop ******* about and get back to basics.

Diedhiou was the only one wearing his heart on his sleeve tonight, my ratings;

Everyone bar Diedhiou 3

Diedhiou 8

LJ, minus 105 for making a simple game bewilderingly difficult.

****** if I’m watching that shit again on Wednesday. 

Other than that, not a bad Friday ?

Another £60 pissed up the wall for travel, food and a couple of £5 Heineken’s that tasted like they’d been filtered through the u23’s used socks ?

12 minutes ago, Oops said:

Absolute shite throughout.

Weimann at wing back?? Ok Lee, time to stop ******* about and get back to basics.

Diedhiou was the only one wearing his heart on his sleeve tonight, my ratings;

Everyone bar Diedhiou 3

Diedhiou 8

LJ, minus 105 for making a simple game bewilderingly difficult.

****** if I’m watching that shit again on Wednesday. 

Other than that, not a bad Friday ?

Another £60 pissed up the wall for travel, food and a couple of £5 Heineken’s that tasted like they’d been filtered through the u23’s used socks ?

Paterson 3?!?!

Hunt gave away possession for first, 2nd bad luck 3rd Benkovic, no wonder he couldnt get in the. Leicester team!

Can’t even blame Stroud and his ancient Lino - who between them missed just about everything!
Hunt only 1 good moment, Smith didn’t seem to know what he’s doing, looking left n right for passes and ignoring runners, Bentley usually much more aware of outfield runs, missed every one tonight, Dasilva sorry for him exposed too often. Wrong setup wrong personnel for a physical Birmingham, if Wells is so good why did we not set up for him?
Johnson out (in his own words - he’s not Billy Butlin  - what the **** does that mean?)

Archived