IGNORED

Bristol City v Birmingham City Match Day 31

Septic Peg

As bad as we’ve been, we had 2 very good chances at 1-2. Got to take them. 

In terms of the performance though, shambolic is not too harsh a word.

The subs were bizarre and I’m not sure why he had to see another 15 minutes of dross before making them. 

We’ve put ourselves in such a good position but we are just so timid and tentative in everything we do.

Why aren’t we going for it? Why are we so slow and laborious in possession? Why are we so static? 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Here I am with Mr Hindsight;

We finally land the Championship experienced striker, who’s just won player of the month and don’t start him .

The midfield has looked lightweight so we bring in a Norwegian International and former Hull captain and don’t start him .Brum ran at us all night . 

Now a brave man would make those calls . LJ played it safe and we lost . 

We know this division has tight margins but why keep hoofing the ball up to their big lads at the back ? We won nothing in the air . 

You have to play over a press but where were the forwards in the space in front of them ? 

A very disappointing night as , once again, we fluff our lines .

Top six or Ta ta for LJ I believe.

Damn well ought to be the case, if LJ can't deliver a top 6 place now he never will.

Big, powerful and physical team roll us over yet again at home. 

That was awful. No cohesion, no identity, woeful passing and patterns ...looked like a bunch of strangers. Lumping it up like a Conference side.

In training, do we work in small groups so players understand each other’s movements, thoughts and styles? 

Dasilva, Fammy the only two to get more than a ‘5’ for me. 

9 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Team unbeaten in 7 plus we’ve been shit tonight. Can’t blame Johnson for half a dozen players being anonymous

Yes we can. 

He picks the team 

Sets them up. 

Imposes his tactics on the opposition 

Or reacts as the situation demands. 

Rabbit in headlights whenever it comes on top. 

Explain his approach to a home game against very moderate opposition Again and explain the timing and nature of his subs. 

Thing is it won't be his fault. 

Cue aubergine shit piles and snakes I could not care a ****. 

2 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Sack the manager lot are at it again. don't know what's more painful, watching that or having to listen to them again until we beat Derby.

you cant listen to written words

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We finally land the Championship experienced striker, who’s just won player of the month and don’t start him .

The midfield has looked lightweight so we bring in a Norwegian International and former Hull captain and don’t start him .Brum ran at us all night . 

We know this division has tight margins but why keep hoofing the ball up to their big lads at the back ? We won nothing in the air . 

You have to play over a press but where were the forwards in the space in front of them ? 

Why was he even on the bench? If Johnson didn't plan to use him, why not have Palmer on the bench who can potentially help change a game? Ridiculous. 

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It happens every time, he has been in charge of nearly 110 home games in the league, he’s only won 25 of those home games 25 out of 110, let that sink in,

25 out of 110

and you wonder why people want them gone

6 minutes ago, MRSATAN said:

2 minutes ago, Kibs said:

The subs were bizarre and I’m not sure why he had to see another 15 minutes of dross before making them. 

We’ve put ourselves in such a good position but we are just so timid and tentative in everything we do.

Why aren’t we going for it? Why are we so slow and laborious in possession? Why are we so static? 

Absolutely . The subs were surreal. Not sure why he felt weinmann should stay on and bringing on a centre back was the right approach . I fully expected henrikson / O’Dowda to come on with Wells  for massengo and weimann . 

Great effort! When did we last see City run this much putting pressure on the opponents? We clearly wen't for it but all the effort was for nothing. Birmingham was the better team. We rode the luck for four games but now the honeymoon is over. We have no game plan. Static, static, still standing and then a hopeful long ball or at the best an Eliasson cross. Hopefully Henriksen can boss a game. If not this was the ultimate answer. 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Absolutely agree with all of this, form the few mins that Wells has played he seems to run about as much as Weimann. Too many long punts forward again.

How much support has LJ been given . Time, players, the biggest budget if a non parachute club, and we have we have one shot on target at home. When does he actually become accountable to some fans ? I simply do not get it. We are awful to watch at home. He has every tool, every club, all the time, so m any players, yet we look totally devoid of any plan, approach, strategy. Oh, and we are certainly not developing a youth strategy are we. It is not about promotion, we just do not look like a club that is clear in what it is trying to achieve. I personally am not that interested right now about the Prem, but I want to see our youth coming through, playing in a modern , entertaining and enthralling fashion. LJ has been given it all, and clearly has not got a clue. He blames the players all the time, stetted to blame Sl and MA for lack of support. He is out of excuses. I know many love him and think he is the best thing ever to happen to the club, but I am sorry, he is the biggest blagger ever seen. With the resources we have, what has been spent, wow what a top quality coach cold achieve with that. Time to Sl spends on the coaching set up. We are a good call. We can attract some major coaching talent. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

Your last sentence is it in a nutshell.

I get people are angry because of another poor home performance but I don’t get why some built this game up so much in the first place.

This is the Championship, you can’t pick and choose when and where the points arrive, and the only table that matters is the one after 46 games.

If we’re anything below sixth at that point, I think the head coach has a real problem.

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

It happens every time, he has been in charge of nearly 110 home games in the league, he’s only won 25 of those home games 25 out of 110, let that sink in,

25 out of 110

and you wonder why people want them gone

12 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

Seriously? That’s an insane statistic.

11 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

a million likes for this

9 minutes ago, MRSATAN said:

Wow

that is truly shocking

9 minutes ago, North London Red said:

Can that be right? He’s been in charge for just over 4 years. 23 home games per season in the league would equate to 92 over four years. Are you sure 110 is right?!

8 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Christ. 25 wins out of 110 at home. Is that actually true?!

8 minutes ago, lenred said:

Didn’t realise it was that bad. Blimey! 

Counting back our last 25 home league wins came in 61 games, nowhere near Monkee's fake news 

4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

In terms of home performances, it's a long time since I've seen a more lacklustre City team than this. Russell Osman's team springs to mind

Just now, Red Exile said:

Because we played really well on Saturday...and looked shapeless and pathetic tonight? 

Possibly? 

And that is the precisely what you get with Lee Johnson....massive inconsistency.

Some games good, some games ok and some games really bad. 

He cannot seem to find a consistent way of playing well.

Yes we won 4 on the spin but we didnt particularly play great in those games and those results could have easily gone the other way.

1 minute ago, Psychopomp said:

How much support has LJ been given . Time, players, the biggest budget if a non parachute club, and we have we have one shot on target at home. When does he actually become accountable to some fans ? I simply do not get it. We are awful to watch at home. He has every tool, every club, all the time, so m any players, yet we look totally devoid of any plan, approach, strategy. Oh, and we are certainly not developing a youth strategy are we. It is not about promotion, we just do not look like a club that is clear in what it is trying to achieve. I personally am not that interested right now about the Prem, but I want to see our youth coming through, playing in a modern , entertaining and enthralling fashion. LJ has been given it all, and clearly has not got a clue. He blames the players all the time, stetted to blame Sl and MA for lack of support. He is out of excuses. I know many love him and think he is the best thing ever to happen to the club, but I am sorry, he is the biggest blagger ever seen. With the resources we have, what has been spent, wow what a top quality coach cold achieve with that. Time to Sl spends on the coaching set up. We are a good call. We can attract some major coaching talent. 

In the last 5 home games

you can add the number of shots on goal up on 1 hand

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Totally agree. We’ve showed ambition in the transfer market but it’s about time we showed some on the pitch, especially at home.

I thought it was the perfect game for Henriksen and Wells to come in and start. Was amazed they didn’t.

Archived