IGNORED

Is he stupid?

southvillekiddy

1 hour ago, RobArnold10 said:

The main takeaway I have from this is the op wants to call a stranger stupid but doesn’t like being called a whopper by a separate stranger and clearly fails to see the irony there.

I love Saturdays without football.

Well my take away is that the OP asked a question, is he stupid. Other poster called him a Whopper...I wish I had one of those...And then the thread descended into a chaos of puns, point-scoring and really bad spelling.

Information...If you going to insult each other implying stupidity in some way please at least spell know correctly!

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Well my take away is that the OP asked a question, is he stupid. Other poster called him a Whopper...I wish I had one of those...And then the thread descended into a chaos of puns, point-scoring and really bad spelling.

Information...If you going to insult each other implying stupidity in some way please at least spell know correctly!

You’re

49 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

touche. Corrected that one. Slip of the keyboard. Thankyou

Okay I'll start again.

Answer me this all you clever clogs. Have we or have we not got a **it home record this season? (We have). Does that qualify our manager for status as inept, ill-informed, insufficiently trained and skilled, inflexible if not stupid in failing to use the not insignificant home advantage and find winning formulae here especially in games that are obviously winnable (I give you the Shrewsbury Town game where a win gives us a match against Liverpool in the Cup)?

5 hours ago, NickJ said:

As much as I don't rate the manager that is a fair response.

You don’t rate the manager who has improved City's league position season on season and taken us into the top six this campaign?

Add to that him losing several top players and making a profit of almost £30m........

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

You don’t rate the manager who has improved City's league position season on season and taken us into the top six this campaign?

Add to that him losing several top players and making a profit of almost £30m........

Perish the thought ... but even as a troll ... you might want to engage brain ....

You didn’t rate a manager who got us within a kick of the Premier League ... 

with a fraction of current resources...

Shame you didn’t have the gonads to admit so when face to face

I year they had to get industrial cleaners to sort out the office carpet after you slithered out ....☠️

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Perish the thought ... but even as a troll ... you might want to engage brain ....

You didn’t rate a manager who got us within a kick of the Premier League ... 

with a fraction of current resources...

The Championship was very different way back then Bob.

5 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

Putting the away performances to one side. You would think, even if it were only for self-preservation, that he would find a way to regularly win a winnable game at home, especially in a crucial game, with 20,000 odd thousand City fans watching every time. And not forgetting the TV audience.

It's all a cunning ruse to avoid the Manager of the Month hoodoo.

2 hours ago, GTFABM said:

You’re

Hilarious!!!

1 hour ago, southvillekiddy said:

touche. Corrected that one. Slip of the keyboard. Thankyou

Run out of emoji's Southville. Nice Job! Classy!

For the record to answer your question...I don't think he's stupid, however I think he loses the plot particularly if we concede a goal and is a bit scared as it's all on the line now!

Hopefully we can give it a real go, but yesterday was a blow to everyone not least the BoD and The family of the majority shareholder.

See Derby had a good win today! COYRs

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Hilarious!!!

Run out of emoji's Southville. Nice Job! Classy!

For the record to answer your question...I don't think he's stupid, however I think he loses the plot particularly if we concede a goal and is a bit scared as it's all on the line now!

Hopefully we can give it a real go, but yesterday was a blow to everyone not least the BoD and The family of the majority shareholder.

See Derby had a good win today! COYRs

Not trying to be funny couldn’t care less if people can spell or use grammar correctly it’s a football forum, shouldn’t need a minimum qualification to get involved. I think if you are going to get high and mighty about it though you should be 100% correct. You weren’t so pointed it out. Get in the bin.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

All of which has been made available to increase the quality of the squad.

10 minutes ago, GTFABM said:

Not trying to be funny couldn’t care less if people can spell or use grammar correctly it’s a football forum, shouldn’t need a minimum qualification to get involved. I think if you are going to get high and mighty about it though you should be 100% correct. You weren’t so pointed it out. Get in the bin.

Hilarious! 

Firstly it wasn't you

Secondly the bloke got the joke changed it and laughed and we exchanged views! @southvillekiddy had a view, stated it and you started name calling (Whopper I believe). It's all in the thread!

You need to seriously have a holiday soon my old son!

I don’t think you could call him stupid. 

You wouldn’t like to be called stupid in whatever profession you earn a crust and yet LJ - love him or hate him, probably  earns more in one year than you will in ten. 

We all want him and the entire club to be be successful and calling a person with his integrity stupid is just disrespectful. 

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Hilarious! 

Firstly it wasn't you

Secondly the bloke got the joke changed it and laughed and we exchanged views! @southvillekiddy had a view, stated it and you started name calling (Whopper I believe). It's all in the thread!

You need to seriously have a holiday soon my old son!

Doesn’t matter who you are spell checking for the fact you are even doing it is sad. More people would contribute to this forum than the regular 20-30 posters if people like you didn’t nit pick posts when you clearly knew what he meant.

3 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

I don’t think you could call him stupid. 

You wouldn’t like to be called stupid in whatever profession you earn a crust and yet LJ - love him or hate him, probably  earns more in one year than you will in ten. 

We all want him and the entire club to be be successful and calling a person with his integrity stupid is just disrespectful. 

I agree, but without being a pedant it was phrased as a question, not a statement...Although I get the nuance 

1 minute ago, GTFABM said:

Doesn’t matter who you are spell checking for the fact you are even doing it is sad. More people would contribute to this forum than the regular 20-30 posters if people like you didn’t nit pick posts when you clearly knew what he meant.

Barbados is nice in February!

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Incoming revenue from the sales of Webster, Brownhill, Kelly etc etc against spendature.

Kelly has already been included in 18/19’s accounts already.

I do think there might be a bit if a cull in the summer towards a trimmer squad.  Even Wright and Taylor (both OOC) help that situation.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Kelly has already been included in 18/19’s accounts already.

I do think there might be a bit if a cull in the summer towards a trimmer squad.  Even Wright and Taylor (both OOC) help that situation.

I think the £29m profit is taken overall from LJs entire time at City. Not annual accounting in other words.

Is he stupid? 
problem is, the only ones that 100% know the answer to that are the players and most of the experienced ones do!

They know who is out of form or needs a rest, they know when they are told to play in a way that stifles their potential or when played totally out of position, more importantly they know which players will let them down or make them look bad.

We see it every home game buts that’s Lee for you - Hunt and Weimann have played most every game this season but achieved not a lot - even Korey looked lost last night, where was the player to receive the killer pass? Korey tried and tried but no luck, judging by his obvious searching he had trouble finding someone who actually wanted the ball! 

We have recruited a proven goal scorer, did he start? Nah, don’t be daft! Where is the logic in that?  He came on and became a midfielder??? Elliason and Weimann both switched away from the attack - football ain’t rocket science! Selection has to be earned and tactics decided with playing to the squads strengths - not effing formulae!

Seeing this home form for repeated seasons is Stupid, if He wasn’t Stupid things would have changed - ask Cotts!

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I think the £29m profit is taken overall from LJs entire time at City. Not annual accounting in other words.

Yes, probably right on “net spend”.  Part of our problem is that our wage bill, amortised costs, operational costs leads us to a £25m loss before we start player trading.

In fairness we aren’t in a bad position against the £39m / 3 year ffp constraints, but I think it’s more likely to be “spend what you raise” this summer rather than “here’s a £x million war chest”

3 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Is he stupid? 
problem is, the only ones that 100% know the answer to that are the players and most of the experienced ones do!

They know who is out of form or needs a rest, they know when they are told to play in a way that stifles their potential or when played totally out of position, more importantly they know which players will let them down or make them look bad.

We see it every home game buts that’s Lee for you - Hunt and Weimann have played most every game this season but achieved not a lot - even Korey looked lost last night, where was the player to receive the killer pass? Korey tried and tried but no luck, judging by his obvious searching he had trouble finding someone who actually wanted the ball! 

We have recruited a proven goal scorer, did he start? Nah, don’t be daft! Where is the logic in that?  He came on and became a midfielder??? Elliason and Weimann both switched away from the attack - football ain’t rocket science! Selection has to be earned and tactics decided with playing to the squads strengths - not effing formulae!

Seeing this home form for repeated seasons is Stupid, if He wasn’t Stupid things would have changed - ask Cotts!

I have sympathy with a lot of this. Not sure about the stupid thing but the rest has some resonance. 

I'm sure many would say its not comparable but the premise is still there... Let's Imagine the club was a resteraunt people rated say 7/10. The owner then wants a refurb and spends a fair chunck of cash improving the building the design and a new menu with better quality ingredients etc. This resteraunt now looks the proper business and ready to compete with the other big resteraunts in town. After the resteraunt re opens the owners asks customers to rate again. They still say 7/10 and claim that even with the better ingredients the food tastes the same and if he is going to spend so much money on the resteraunt he at least needs to make sure the head chef knows how to take the resteraunt to the next level and if not get one in who has done it before... 

I get that there was a much easier way to describe this but my wife didn't get why I am Johnson out so used this analogy and she seemed to understand haga

On 08/02/2020 at 16:36, Robbored said:

He hasn’t made a profit of £30m, he has sold the players he inherited, and has been allowed to Re-invest that and more on his own players.

Given the resources at the disposal of the manager it could be argued that where we are is the minimum that could be expected.

Archived