Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Red Army 75

Rail Seating

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

How can the space be changed? 

Steps etc. are in place, how can it be affected? 

I guess it depends on the depth needed to accommodate the upturned seat. The rail seats take up very litttle room when compared with a “normal” seat.

10 minutes ago, phantom said:

How can the space be changed? 

Steps etc. are in place, how can it be affected? 

It is space along the rows that is key. Ideally you increase it. At worst you don't reduce it.

Two ways of doing this:

1. Replace the existing seats (which take up a lot of space from front to back, i.e. 300mm) with rail seats that don't, The slimmest version allowed in England right now takes up only 100mm, i.e. 66% less than the current seats.

2. Don't add any new 'stadium furniture' that reduces the current amount of space, e.g. barriers that narrow the rows by 85mm

The images below strikingly show how much difference this can make. The red seats illustrate option 1, while the blue seats show the impact on space of no 2.

Hopefully City won't be doing a number two!

22-2in1-STEP-RED-SEATS-UP.png

Row space with independent barriers.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blagdon red said:

It is space along the rows that is key. Ideally you increase it. At worst you don't reduce it.

Two ways of doing this:

1. Replace the existing seats (which take up a lot of space from front to back, i.e. 300mm) with rail seats that don't, The slimmest version allowed in England right now takes up only 100mm, i.e. 66% less than the current seats.

2. Don't add any new 'stadium furniture' that reduces the current amount of space, e.g. barriers that narrow the rows by 85mm

The images below strikingly show how much difference this can make. The red seats illustrate option 1, while the blue seats show the impact on space of no 2.

Well, unless they change all of the seats, it’ll be option 2. They’ll probably just put a rail on the back of the existing seat. 
As per this pic, the current seat layout is bulky, so once you’ve added the rail you’re looking very much like option 2, than 1. 

6E8398FE-6CCD-4DC2-967B-D1E1BCC7B1E6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Two ways of doing this:

Thank you @Blagdon red for the clear and concise explanation 

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Well, unless they change all of the seats, it’ll be option 2. They’ll probably just put a rail on the back of the existing seat. 
As per this pic, the current seat layout is bulky, so once you’ve added the rail you’re looking very much like option 2, than 1. 

6E8398FE-6CCD-4DC2-967B-D1E1BCC7B1E6.jpeg

Looking at your picture @Harry this option seems an awful consideration. Knowing how hard it is to walk past someone that gets up to let you past, these areas would be nigh on impossible to move around in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Thank you @Blagdon red for the clear and concise explanation 

Looking at your picture @Harry this option seems an awful consideration. Knowing how hard it is to walk past someone that gets up to let you past, these areas would be nigh on impossible to move around in

Given that everything about the redevelopment so far has been based on best practice and as space and comfort for spectators are prime considerations these days in any club's thinking, I can't see City doing that last option, as it would clearly neither be best practice nor enhance space and comfort. It would obviously impair both.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blagdon red said:

Given that everything about the redevelopment so far has been based on best practice and as space and comfort for spectators are prime considerations these days in any club's thinking, I can't see City doing that last option, as it would clearly neither be best practice nor enhance space and comfort. It would obviously impair both.

Let's pray the club seek advice from you.