IGNORED

Interesting comments from LJ...

spudski

When I posted these comments from LJ yesterday, I was hoping to learn exactly what he was on about, perhaps it’s that he is so busy writing his memoirs he forgets who he actually has available for selection come match day!

I wonder if LJ even knows what his waffle means.

23 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

How many windows has he had to fast track us.... the club recently got the bunting out for his forth anniversary... so that’s 8 windows?  

He’s taken us from lower mid to upper mid table. Entertainment non-existent at home games. Millions spent. Tons of signings and tons jettisoned. 

Lower mid table to upper mid table Hahahaha what are you on about. 
17th to 7th ffs possibly even a top 6 finish this season. 

13 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Sod the books.......I can't want for the European football he promised after 5 years!

I don't remember the word "promise", what I remember was him saying he would like to think that's where we would be. He's as ambitious and optimistic as the next Manager or Coach.

6 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

I've always been a LJ fan, but he does sound like a bloke who realises his time is coming to an end

I hope the end is swift and painless

I hope our players haven't written off this season with 10 games to go, to the same extent as some of our fans. Every season has it's up's and down's at all clubs, but the important bit is at game 46. If he is deemed a failure at that point fair enough, but the fat lady hasn't even started warming up yet.

9 minutes ago, 'Orns said:

I've always been a LJ fan, but he does sound like a bloke who realises his time is coming to an end

I hope the end is swift and painless

Best get him down the vets pdq!

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Many of the changes have been down to injuries but that hardly gets a mention. I’m sure that if LJ had had a fully fit squad all season then we’d see a regular starting 11 and matchday squad.

His own butchered pre season and the decision of bizarrely getting rid of Allen may explain that to be honest. 

Not even going to mention the shitshow of a tour of the US in preseason. Derby had the same luck with injuries as well. 

29 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

How many windows has he had to fast track us.... the club recently got the bunting out for his forth anniversary... so that’s 8 windows?  

He’s taken us from lower mid to upper mid table. Entertainment non-existent at home games. Millions spent. Tons of signings and tons jettisoned. 

Jettisoned ?? the word of the day for me mendip

1 hour ago, Laner said:

I often wonder if the people who complain about the changes are also those who post their different line-ups and formations on here week-in week-out?

Those of us that do, may be doing it in reaction to LJ’s constant changes and destroying the confidence of the players and their confidence in the system!!! ???

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Maybe. According to Johnson we have 3 books to look forward to in 5 years, can't wait.

It’s actually a short story, but he’s rewritten the same thing so many times, bought a Greek player called Thesaurus, changed the font and word spacing and back again, and managed to SLaMAzon to give him a multi-book deal.

For info, here’s every change!

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/87-lee-johnsons-bristol-city-3904063

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Many of the changes have been down to injuries but that hardly gets a mention. I’m sure that if LJ had had a fully fit squad all season then we’d see a regular starting 11 and matchday squad.

I see a number of laughing emojis in response to comments above - anyone who issued one care to explain why? 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I see a number of laughing emojis in response to comments above - anyone who issued one care to explain why? 

I think you’ll be waiting a long time. You have form for doing exactly the same! ???

1 hour ago, mozo said:

If there are things behind the scenes that explain the chopping and changing, he'll certainly be given a little sympathy by Lansdown and ride the storm. I get that LJ's comment might be BS, but if it is correct we might all be being a bit harsh on him..

I suppose the following we know about:

Nketiah debacle in August

Afobe injury

Afobe tragic event

Nagy injury debacle

Nketiah debacle in January 

Captain leaves club

February virus

Other mitigating circumstances?

There are still a host of question marks though...

Taylor Moore out on loan?

Rodri?

Kasey Palmer?!

Treatment of January loans?

General churn of CBs and CMs

Other curiosities?

Plus:

Patterson  deemed surplus to requirements, so goes to Derby, then comes back and becomes an almost regular starter

Semenyo was going to have his big breakthrough this season but hardly got onto the pitch, then went out on loan

Pack is in the starting 11 for first match, then sold

Desperately lacking in midfield so signs Henriksen, who is a good player, but isn't match fit 

AND, most importantly, what on earth has happened to Scrumpy?

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Plus:

Patterson  deemed surplus to requirements, so goes to Derby, then comes back and becomes an almost regular starter

Semenyo was going to have his big breakthrough this season but hardly got onto the pitch, then went out on loan

Pack is in the starting 11 for first match, then sold

Desperately lacking in midfield so signs Henriksen, who is a good player, but isn't match fit 

AND, most importantly, what on earth has happened to Scrumpy?

All good additions mate

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I agree that many of LJ's detractors conveniently ignore the injuries in the first half of the season. I know the stock response is that every team suffers injuries, but when you take out 3/4 of last season's defence ( Dasilva, Kalas and Hunt),  then Nagy, just when he was looking a very good player, and very crucially Afobe, we lost arguably our most important players and the spine of the team.

Having said that, the mystery is that, with hindsight, we enjoyed probably our best spell of the season  while these players were out and with less options available, LJ had to make do and mend as far as team selections were concerned.

Since most players have returned we seemed to have regressed the most, and that is what I find baffling and most worrying.

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think you’ll be waiting a long time. You have form for doing exactly the same! ???

I issue a laughing emoji rather than an aubergine Dave. I think it’s a more polite way of showing that you don’t agree with the post.

Archived