Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Never to the dark side

Forest v Millwal worth a look?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Red white and red said:

Millwall are so good at what they do. High pressure, ratty, pacey players! 

Maybe Lee needs us to be more "ratty".

I can hear it now, post match comment. 'We were ratty, we gnawed away at them" 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robin Wood said:

We could be fast asleep by 3 tomorrow judging by recent home performances 

It’s a lunchtime ko though ... I’ll be copping some zeds most probably ... it’s dire and boring and has been for a few seasons, our home record over his entire reign is abysmal ...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GasDestroyer said:

Rowett is a quality manager IMO. Knows how to set a team up to play a system. Millwall are a dark horse for the playoffs IMO. Hard to beat at home and capable of a result against anyone away.

Like to know what part of your comment that James thought was worth a  laughing  face?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Like to know what part of your comment that James thought was worth a  laughing  face?

Who's James?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Like to know what part of your comment that James thought was worth a  laughing  face?

Got one from me as well.

He'll **** off as soon as another club offers more.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Got one from me as well.

He'll **** off as soon as another club offers more.

 

 

Ok fair enough.  But the comment was he's a decent manager, Millwall are hard to beat and could make the play offs.

If he ***** off to another club next season who gives a ****?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Ok fair enough.  But the comment was he's a decent manager, Millwall are hard to beat and could make the play offs.

If he ***** off to another club next season who gives a ****?

I couldn't give a toss myself either, just that he isn't a long termer - see Birmingham, Stoke, or Derby.

Wouldn't like to see him here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, freezer said:

Maybe Lee needs us to be more "ratty".

I can hear it now, post match comment. 'We were ratty, we gnawed away at them" 😀

But he'll just confuse the players - 'alright lads, you know i said last week about being busy bees?  Well this week, if you cold just scurry around like rats...'

Players are thinking, 'one week insects, one week rodents - wish he'd make his bloody mind up!'

Edited by BanburyRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Like to know what part of your comment that James thought was worth a  laughing  face?

Almost all of it.

The manager is one of the most overrated ones around. 

He'll piss off to another club at the first opportunity as he has several times already in his pretty short career. 

Millwall won't be playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Organisation and shape excellent

Excellent at doing the ugly and unglamorous stuff

And A team of players ‘not wanted ‘ elsewhere - fair play

Exactly Bob. 
Organisation and shape. They were superb. 
Woods & Moloumby in central midfield never wandered, never went chasing the ball, always kept tight and denied Forest any route through the middle. 
Forced them wide all night long and snuffed them out. 
Off the ball, that was as a good a performance as I’ve seen for quite some time. Work rate and determination by the whole team to get back into shape as soon as they lost the ball. Superb. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Exactly Bob. 
Organisation and shape. They were superb. 
Woods & Moloumby in central midfield never wandered, never went chasing the ball, always kept tight and denied Forest any route through the middle. 
Forced them wide all night long and snuffed them out. 
Off the ball, that was as a good a performance as I’ve seen for quite some time. Work rate and determination by the whole team to get back into shape as soon as they lost the ball. Superb. 

Totally agree

Not too dissimilar to the way outplayed us at AG

Even Matt Smith , who’s limited in how much he can run , Imwas watching him off the ball , jogging across the line just filling a hole , getting the shape , not expending unnecessary energy and keeping it for when he did press or for when he needed his lungs - A really clever performance

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Got one from me as well.

He'll **** off as soon as another club offers more.

 

 

 

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Almost all of it.

The manager is one of the most overrated ones around. 

He'll piss off to another club at the first opportunity as he has several times already in his pretty short career. 

Millwall won't be playoffs. 

What’s with all this “he’ll leave as soon as a bigger club comes in” nonsense. 
 

Prior to Millwall he’s managed 4 clubs. He’s been sacked by 2 of them. So he’s chosen to leave 2. Burton for Brum. Derby for Stoke. 
Both looked like good career moves at the time which 90% of managers would probably have taken up. 
 

Jeez, it’s hardly like he’s left every club he’s managed in the lurch by pissing off to a bigger club. 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Almost all of it.

The manager is one of the most overrated ones around. 

He'll piss off to another club at the first opportunity as he has several times already in his pretty short career. 

Millwall won't be playoffs. 

What makes you so confident Millwall wont make the play offs?

Apart from Leeds, WBA everything else is available. They have just won 3/0 at 4th in the league.

Are you sure us or Preston will fill a place? Forest looked as desperate as us tonight, Preston have lost the last two.

If we can turn our form around tomorrow everything to play for.

Write Millwall off at your peril.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Harry said:

 

What’s with all this “he’ll leave as soon as a bigger club comes in” nonsense. 
 

Prior to Millwall he’s managed 4 clubs. He’s been sacked by 2 of them. So he’s chosen to leave 2. Burton for Brum. Derby for Stoke. 
Both looked like good career moves at the time which 90% of managers would probably have taken up. 
 

Jeez, it’s hardly like he’s left every club he’s managed in the lurch by pissing off to a bigger club. 

Thanks!

You saved me having to write a response to some **** comments!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love it if we played as well as Millwall did last night. Regardless of the actual result. The number of balls they were first to when second best to get, balls they kept in (that all of our players would have probably left), harrying, tackling, just their general demeanor. A performance to be proud of.

Edited by Sleepy1968
speeling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...