Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

Well how are the tv companies especially Sky and BT going to fill their endless hours now? wouldn't mind seeing some classic games from the past like the old match of the days from the 70s and 80s, anyone else have any ideas? they have a lot of hours to fill.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Would that have been on the big match with Brian Moore😆

At the time it was the biggest ever defeat by any team on match of the day, just watched it on you tube has to be the most one sided game ever by two teams in the same division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect a lot of people are cancelling sky sports as we speak!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what will they do re the contracts BT Sport and Sky charge a lot to show  a lot of football - if there is no football will they reduce costs etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pillred said:

At the time it was the biggest ever defeat by any team on match of the day, just watched it on you tube has to be the most one sided game ever by two teams in the same division.

I must be getting confused when Warboys and Bannister (smash & grab) were a formidable force in 73 after putting eight past Brighton 🤣🤣

Edited by Shaun Taylor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Markman said:

what will they do re the contracts BT Sport and Sky charge a lot to show  a lot of football - if there is no football will they reduce costs etc

Hahahaha!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I must be getting confused when Warboys and Bannister (smash & grab) were a formidable force in 73 after putting eight past Brighton 🤣🤣

Saw that game as I was living in Brighton at the time. Irks me to say it but Warboys and Bannister were an excellent pair up front. Seem to remember that Clough and Taylor were managing Brighton around that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ozpaul said:

Saw that game as I was living in Brighton at the time. Irks me to say it but Warboys and Bannister were an excellent pair up front. Seem to remember that Clough and Taylor were managing Brighton around that time.

Yeah spot on Clough & Taylor were just starting out and one can only imagine the rollicking the Brighton players must have got after the match and that pairing for the Gas were certainly a handful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MOTD could re-run classic episodes.

SKY and BT should go to local football across the country and show them instead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Super said:

I expect a lot of people are cancelling sky sports as we speak!

Did exactly this within 5 minutes of the announcement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Hahahaha!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

 

Taking what they said, costs to them not how much they charge people. A lot of their presenters for live sport will be freelance so no need to hire them any time soon, unnecessary staff won't be working for a few weeks etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Would that have been on the big match with Brian Moore😆

 May be wrong here but I've a funny feeling it was on MOTD, it was certainly seen by millions on tv. 

Someone will remember 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

 May be wrong here but I've a funny feeling it was on MOTD, it was certainly seen by millions on tv. 

Someone will remember 

I think you're right and it would have been watched by millions and that's just the sags! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just saying to ‘im indoors that I wonder how long it’ll be before people start asking for money off from virgin/sky because they aren’t getting the service they’ve subscribed to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It might just implode for a month or two- then it’ll be back with slightly higher prices to recoup their losses. 

No doubt the new contracts the sports channels offer will also be changed to prevent any future losses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister and her hubby work in the TV industry filming live football matches. They’re really worried. 
before anyone says - no they are not loaded - on slightly more than ordinary salaries as they are contractors, but not silly money and can’t afford to both be out of work for months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

 May be wrong here but I've a funny feeling it was on MOTD, it was certainly seen by millions on tv. 

Someone will remember 

Definitely, 100% was on MotD that night. City lost 0-2 home to Arsenal that day. The following March I was at Highbury seeing us 4-1 down after about 20 minutes and I thought we were going to concede more than 9 at that rate, but the score remained 4-1. The same day Rovers lost 2-3 home to Spurs, it was chosen for MotD again...I wonder why?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I was just saying to ‘im indoors that I wonder how long it’ll be before people start asking for money off from virgin/sky because they aren’t getting the service they’ve subscribed to.

They're also talking about TV companies suing the Prem for failing to provide the product that they've paid for. Madness 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely it will just fill the summer months when they`ve got no football on anyway once it all gets going again? The Euros would have been free-to-air as usual presumably so they wouldn`t have been showing that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

They're also talking about TV companies suing the Prem for failing to provide the product that they've paid for. Madness 

I imagine this is already taken care of in contract details, but if not I'm sure a comprimise would be reached before it wenty to litgation. The tv companies should not be paying for a product they don't receive, neither should the tv fanbase, nor season card holders. I don't really want to bother thinking about this now, what with a nowtv season pass and a season card in the Dolman which I've just renewed. We can revisit this in three or four months time when this season resumes/gets expunged from the record.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Yeah spot on Clough & Taylor were just starting out and one can only imagine the rollicking the Brighton players must have got after the match and that pairing for the Gas were certainly a handful 

They’d already managed Hartlepools and Derby as a pairing by the time they pitched up at Brighton - so not really starting out. And Brighton lost 0-4 at home to Walton & Hersham in the FA Cup just before they lost 2-8 at home to the gas - two of their first games under Clough & Taylor - that made Benny’s start with us look reasonable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’d already managed Hartlepools and Derby as a pairing by the time they pitched up at Brighton - so not really starting out. And Brighton lost 0-4 at home to Walton & Hersham in the FA Cup just before they lost 2-8 at home to the gas - two of their first games under Clough & Taylor - that made Benny’s start with us look reasonable!

Apologies I thought that was the start of their managerial career and getting hammered by the sags straight after losing to a non league team in the cup must have really put the cat amongst the pigeons! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a rugby league game being broadcast tonight and the women's netball super league is still going ahead.

Presumably there's some cricket taking place in the Southern hemisphere. At a guess though, Sky will broadcast "memorable" games from the last thirty years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 22A said:

There's a rugby league game being broadcast tonight and the women's netball super league is still going ahead.

Presumably there's some cricket taking place in the Southern hemisphere. At a guess though, Sky will broadcast "memorable" games from the last thirty years.

England`s tour of Sri Lanka has been called off though as has the India v SA ODI series. The start of the IPL has been put back to April and the Big Bash has finished.

So not much cricket at all sadly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pillred said:

Well how are the tv companies especially Sky and BT going to fill their endless hours now? wouldn't mind seeing some classic games from the past like the old match of the days from the 70s and 80s, anyone else have any ideas? they have a lot of hours to fill.

I'd love to see the World Oregami Championships, on paper view.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear heavens, just when I thought it could not get any worse.

They have replaced this weeks MoTD with Mrs Browns Boys Live.

I have said it before and I will say it again. When David Bowie died the very fabric of the universe was torn, and it’s just been accelerating since then.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

England`s tour of Sri Lanka has been called off though as has the India v SA ODI series. The start of the IPL has been put back to April and the Big Bash has finished.

So not much cricket at all sadly.

Australia v New Zealand is still on, behind closed doors.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Dear heavens, just when I thought it could not get any worse.

They have replaced this weeks MoTD with Mrs Browns Boys Live.

I have said it before and I will say it again. When David Bowie died the very fabric of the universe was torn, and it’s just been accelerating since then.

What can we do, maybe there's life on mars? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What, no one in the crowd with a chicken bucket on their head, or have one handy to catch the ball that sailed for 6!

Launches a 6 into the top tier 'alright whose going to go get it back this time?'

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone got a DVD of the Rovers Vs Mansfield game that they could post over to sky..? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Apologies I thought that was the start of their managerial career and getting hammered by the sags straight after losing to a non league team in the cup must have really put the cat amongst the pigeons! 

They’d already performed miracles at The Baseball Ground - but no need to apologise ST - cheers - cat amongst the pigeons is spot on - didn’t Clough bugger off to Leeds alone leaving Taylor behind?

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’d already performed miracles at The Baseball Ground - but no need to apologise ST - cheers - cat amongst the pigeons is spot on - didn’t Clough bugger off to Leeds alone leaving Taylor behind?

Yes, Taylor stayed at Brighton for a few months I think - until Clough landed the Forest job. 

Mention of Leeds reminds me of one match I would love to see highlights of - when City won the FA Cup replay at Elland Road in 1974. The goal has occasionally been shown by HTV (now ITV West) but full highlights were shown on ITV at the time. 

I suspect it was covered by Yorkshire TV and perhaps they binned it. Leeds were unbeaten that season in the top flight at the time. 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have to show world of sport with Dickie Davis proper wrestling big daddy mick mc manus and giant hay stacks with the old ladies in the front row formidable they were or Freddie Truman indoor league 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but im lost!!

What the hell is "The big Match" and talk of games back in the 70s?

Football didnt start until 1992 so god knows what you lot think you were watching 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Halifax v ebbs fleet is live on bt 5.30

really looking forward to it 😂😂😂😂😂

🤪🤪🤪 I’m going mad already 😭

Rugby league Sunday at 3.30

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Halifax v ebbs fleet is live on bt 5.30

really looking forward to it 😂😂😂😂😂

🤪🤪🤪 I’m going mad already 😭

It'll be pulling in FA Cup Final viewing figures from people desperate for a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, cityexile said:

 

I have said it before and I will say it again. When David Bowie died the very fabric of the universe was torn, and it’s just been accelerating since then.

I'm sorry, we have improved our league position ever since. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’d already performed miracles at The Baseball Ground - but no need to apologise ST - cheers - cat amongst the pigeons is spot on - didn’t Clough bugger off to Leeds alone leaving Taylor behind?

Yes he went to Leeds and only lasted for 44 days as the players hated him as he openly said that they were a dirty team and he didn't like the way they played!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, cityexile said:

Dear heavens, just when I thought it could not get any worse.

They have replaced this weeks MoTD with Mrs Browns Boys Live.

I have said it before and I will say it again. When David Bowie died the very fabric of the universe was torn, and it’s just been accelerating since then.

He didn’t die he’s just gone to mars 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pillred said:

Well how are the tv companies especially Sky and BT going to fill their endless hours now? wouldn't mind seeing some classic games from the past like the old match of the days from the 70s and 80s, anyone else have any ideas? they have a lot of hours to fill.

They show ‘Classic MOTD’ on BT Sport already I believe, or at least they did - I had a series link to it - great memories..

https://sport.bt.com/football/classic-motd-thrillers-5-episodes-you-should-watch-this-week-S11364191373528

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/d487nv/classic-motd---thrillers-episode-guide/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Yes he went to Leeds and only lasted for 44 days as the players hated him as he openly said that they were a dirty team and he didn't like the way they played!

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...