Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Never to the dark side

7th and 8th tiers of football want season to finish now?

Recommended Posts

At that level there are different rules for promotion (and relegation I guess) so maybe it doesn't matter as much?

Given the BBC article mentions the Essex senior league, wikipedia says ...  The Essex Senior League state that a club must finish in the top 3 to be considered for promotion to the Isthmian League Division One North.[1] However the process is governed by the FA Leagues Committee[3] who regulate relegations and promotions throughout the National League System.

Another league (Bedfordshire) says The top club in the league may apply for promotion to the United Counties League Division One or the Spartan South Midlands League Division One.

It's this sort of thing that causes clubs like Gloucester City to move between National League North and South at times to keep the numbers balanced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, icegiant said:

At that level there are different rules for promotion (and relegation I guess) so maybe it doesn't matter as much?

Given the BBC article mentions the Essex senior league, wikipedia says ...  The Essex Senior League state that a club must finish in the top 3 to be considered for promotion to the Isthmian League Division One North.[1] However the process is governed by the FA Leagues Committee[3] who regulate relegations and promotions throughout the National League System.

Another league (Bedfordshire) says The top club in the league may apply for promotion to the United Counties League Division One or the Spartan South Midlands League Division One.

It's this sort of thing that causes clubs like Gloucester City to move between National League North and South at times to keep the numbers balanced.

I would've presumed this was more down to the geography of clubs relegated from the National League....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

I would've presumed this was more down to the geography of clubs relegated from the National League....?

Correct. Effectively the club is promotoed or relegated to the level of the system and might be placed in a different regional league depending on the geographical makeup of that level across the country. Which is why you've had the likes of Gloucester, Oxford City and Bishop''s Stortford playing in National League North against teams from the North East.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

5th and 6th have already finished, the only decision is to whether season is declared void or decided by points per game, so this looks inevitable. 

Where was this announced @RoystonFoote'snephew ?

The FA are saying no decisions have been made for any level in the football pyramid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the FA restructuring the whole league system this summer, the longer it’s left the less chance clubs will have to sort out travel etc. and sign players.

Points per game isn’t a fair way of deciding leagues, for all depends who you’ve played etc.

Lower down the system you go more games are postponed and teams will have to play some teams twice in a short space of time and depends if they are top or bottom of league. Leagues quite often change quite a bit lower in the system due to this.

I believe the FA could promote up to 6 sides from a league depending on facilities and locations, also FA Cup spots are up for grabs as well. 
 

Not an easy job for anyone to decide what to do.

Follow a team in NWCFL and here’s an article they did a few weeks ago about the league system.

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

With the FA restructuring the whole league system this summer, the longer it’s left the less chance clubs will have to sort out travel etc. and sign players.

Points per game isn’t a fair way of deciding leagues, for all depends who you’ve played etc.

Lower down the system you go more games are postponed and teams will have to play some teams twice in a short space of time and depends if they are top or bottom of league. Leagues quite often change quite a bit lower in the system due to this.

I believe the FA could promote up to 6 sides from a league depending on facilities and locations, also FA Cup spots are up for grabs as well. 
 

Not an easy job for anyone to decide what to do.

Follow a team in NWCFL and here’s an article they did a few weeks ago about the league system.

https://www.nwcfl.com/news-articles.php?id=8144

You are assuming that there will be a rush to finish the season

Who knows how long it can go on for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, phantom said:

You are assuming that there will be a rush to finish the season

Who knows how long it can go on for

Yes, 

With restructuring taking place can see why clubs want to know ASAP for budgets.

Longer leagues wait more chance of getting it finished. If season starts to soon who will sponsor teams in this financial mess. 
 

Like I said I wouldn’t like to have to make the decision either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, phantom said:

You are assuming that there will be a rush to finish the season

Who knows how long it can go on for

These measures will be in place for months, so the only way to not disrupt 2 seasons is to scrap this one as I see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

These measures will be in place for months, so the only way to not disrupt 2 seasons is to scrap this one as I see it.

Already been stated numerous times that every effort will be made to finish this season

There are too many issues with not finishing this season for it not to be completed - even it is next year it will be finished

Don't forget in 2022 we have a world cup in December, this will play perfectly into our seasons being out of kilter for a while

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the Toolstation League might come up with a formulated conclusion to this season soon, basing league positions on points-per-game. Also feel for Bitton, whose FA Vase semi-finals are a real doubt now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, forbespm said:

I think one year there was Worcester city in conference South and Gloucester city in conference North! Despite Worcester being more northerly

Yes. Worcester had been moved back to Conference South from North the season before and the FA gave them a promise they would not be moved back for at least 2 seasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems there is a desire at the HQ to complete the cup matches as there are only a few of them left to play.  Perhaps Bitton could see their day in the spotlight (and a lucrative home match) yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...