IGNORED

OTIB Trivia Quiz

Nogbad the Bad

49 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Yes well remembered Robbored and well worked out Nogbad. 

After 11 brilliant years living in Carcassonne we moved to Devon, six years ago now mind. 

Commuting to games was getting a drag. 

Friday morning -  me - just off to football, darling. Wife - ok see you Sunday/Monday. Now I seem to get home earlier than when I lived in Bristol

Quite an expensive trek from Carcassonne Ralph! Fair play to you...............:worship2:

On 20/04/2020 at 17:44, Nogbad the Bad said:

What do the following have in common?

1) A prominent poster for the last 5 years from North Bristol/S.Glos.

2) A Bristol based poster who tells us he spends much time in Greater Manchester.

3) A poster with the same surname as Harold, Hugh, and Clive.

24 hour clue: The 3 posters all have the same first name.

But WHAT is it, or what is IT? :dunno:

On 20/04/2020 at 08:43, One Team In Keynsham said:

I reckon you're good there (not the 4 that came to mind for me). Over to you Noggers.

Edit: I also had @WayOutWest @New2City and @BoonerNC

On 20/04/2020 at 12:37, Med/MadHatter said:

Me, in Medicine Hat ( the gas city- yelp!) Alberta

Redoxo

Wayoutwest

USARed

Cheers for the mention.  Thought I would just put up this pic.  Finally after years of having these pics, I framed them.  They are various ones from 76 - 87 all taken by a professional and used as media photos for news agency's. .  Closes up on request :laugh:.  The pic doesn't do it justice.  It looks great.  Ahh the time this virus gives us.

20200423_134714.jpg

20200423_134734.jpg

Current OTIB trivia question, obviously stumping a few: So some extra clues to perhaps :laugh: get the quiz moving again:

1) A prominent poster for the last 5 years from North Bristol/S.Glos. A keen poster on tactics and statistics.

2) A Bristol based poster who tells us he spends much time in Greater Manchester.  In fact, Oldham.

3) A poster with the same surname as Harold, Hugh, and Clive. A well known face and voice to all City fans.

The 3 posters all have the same first name. (Although one very recently changed it and now honours Korey's goal in his forum name instead. A giveaway for forum trivia fans surely??)

What is the name the 3 have in common?:dunno:

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

Cheers for the mention.  Thought I would just put up this pic.  Finally after years of having these pics, I framed them.  They are various ones from 76 - 87 all taken by a professional and used as media photos for news agency's. .  Closes up on request :laugh:.  The pic doesn't do it justice.  It looks great.  Ahh the time this virus gives us.

20200423_134714.jpg

20200423_134734.jpg

Brilliant, though looks like you're missing The Big Cheese, Cashley, Speedie Drysdale & Clive Whitehead.

Perhaps swap the Cheese & Clive for Pertti & Fitzpatrick ( who weren't really great successes at AG) to make an even more impressive collection?

As it a quiz I'll take row 3 - Gillies, Hunter, Shaw, Sweeney, Jantunen.

14 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Brilliant, though looks like you're missing The Big Cheese, Cashley, Speedie Drysdale & Clive Whitehead.

Perhaps swap the Cheese & Clive for Pertti & Fitzpatrick ( who weren't really great successes at AG) to make an even more impressive collection?

As it a quiz I'll take row 3 - Gillies, Hunter, Shaw, Sweeney, Jantunen.

These were the only ones I have.  Correct on row 3

7 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

These were the only ones I have.  Correct on row 3

See if anyone else wants to name any other rows, or I'll be back. 

Great photos and even better because they're in black & white imo.?

• Admin
37 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Current OTIB trivia question, obviously stumping a few: So some extra clues to perhaps :laugh: get the quiz moving again:

1) A prominent poster for the last 5 years from North Bristol/S.Glos. A keen poster on tactics and statistics.

2) A Bristol based poster who tells us he spends much time in Greater Manchester.  In fact, Oldham.

3) A poster with the same surname as Harold, Hugh, and Clive. A well known face and voice to all City fans.

The 3 posters all have the same first name. (Although one very recently changed it and now honours Korey's goal in his forum name instead. A giveaway for forum trivia fans surely??)

1 spuski ?

2 Red Dave?

3 Owen?

8 minutes ago, phantom said:

1 spuski ?

2 Red Dave?

3 Owen?

They've all got the same Christian name incorporated in their forum name phants.

You're almost there ... 1 of the above is right!

Edit: and it's not spudski!

48 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Dave

10 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

20200423_134714.jpg

20200423_134734.jpg

Good work Steve. Hopefully see you in Dublin next year. ?

14 hours ago, reddoh said:

1) which poster recommends starting or ending your travel at PSN.

2) which poster has a cream/lotion/potion for everything but covid-19 

3) which poster had a great time in Malta

3) ooh ooh ooh

17 hours ago, WayOutWest said:

20200423_134714.jpg

20200423_134734.jpg

Those pictures look great, I might have to steal that idea! You live near Calgary then? That's my wife's team, I prefer watching my local team Med Hat Tigers!

7 hours ago, Med/MadHatter said:

Those pictures look great, I might have to steal that idea! You live near Calgary then? That's my wife's team, I prefer watching my local team Med Hat Tigers!

I used to live in Calgary (6 years), but moved to beautiful Victoria on Vancouver Island about 10 years ago.  I liked the Hat, but that drive to Calgary from there....not much to see.  CAF

17 minutes ago, WayOutWest said:

I used to live in Calgary (6 years), but moved to beautiful Victoria on Vancouver Island about 10 years ago.  I liked the Hat, but that drive to Calgary from there....not much to see.  CAF

If you think that drive is bad, I used to drive to Ft Mac to go to work every 2 weeks, 9 to 10 hours at least :laugh:

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

My Aunt had a petrol station in Calgary and my Uncle was a trapper. My cousins run a fleet of crab boats on Vancouver Island. I would love to visit one day.

One of my brothers lives on the opposite side of Canada in Nova Scotia.

Emigrated in '81 weeks after getting married in Bristol.

His son left Canada as soon as he was old enough and moved to England.

Now settled with a family in London and is an Arsenal STH.

Funny old world.

On 24/04/2020 at 00:03, reddoh said:

1) which poster recommends starting or ending your travel at PSN.

2) which poster has a cream/lotion/potion for everything but covid-19 

3) which poster had a great time in Malta

Number one is Nev.Don't know about number 2.I think we have established who number 3 is.

6 hours ago, Slacker said:

Number one is Nev.Don't know about number 2.I think we have established who number 3 is.

two out of three isn't bad.

2) lives in france(I think) going by his username he may have been in the forces.

8 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

One of my brothers lives on the opposite side of Canada in Nova Scotia.

Emigrated in '81 weeks after getting married in Bristol.

His son left Canada as soon as he was old enough and moved to England.

Now settled with a family in London and is an Arsenal STH.

Funny old world.

Indeed it is. Why would anyone watch Arsenal.

Archived