Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

Just wanted to take a straw poll of what peoples thoughts were on this as I'm a little undecided, mainly because I seem to have no space on my phone, how much battery it will burn and security concerns.

However, if the majority of us don't use it, it becomes pointless.  

New thread started as I didn't want it to get lost amongst all the other covid 19 posts.   But would be interested to see how many of us will and won't be using it (some of us possibly don't even have a smartphone of course and still use those old fashioned computer thingies 😀).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I have a smartphone, and I have ample storage space on said smartphone. That said, I don't plan on using it.

Exactly the same here. 

It's bad enough that you're phone listens to your conversations and then magically starts showing you ads on Facebook for the things you were chatting about an hour or so ago.

The government can trace where you are easily enough as it is, I'm not installing anything like this. Probably won't work properly anyway.

I'll be busy at work looking after the school whilst the kids that they're wanting to send back too early start filtering through the door. They can contact trace all the parents if I come down with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taz said:

Exactly the same here. 

It's bad enough that you're phone listens to your conversations and then magically starts showing you ads on Facebook for the things you were chatting about an hour or so ago.

The government can trace where you are easily enough as it is, I'm not installing anything like this. Probably won't work properly anyway.

I'll be busy at work looking after the school whilst the kids that they're wanting to send back too early start filtering through the door. They can contact trace all the parents if I come down with it.

Well, I’ll be using it, purely for the fact that I will be having a child going back to school. 
And I would hope that you, as a person responsible for looking after others people’s children, would respect the fact that the App is a useful tool in combatting the virus and for the welfare of our children. 
 

Yes, the government have been a absolute sack of shit with the release of this, I wholly agree with that. 
But once it’s released, it won’t work unless people engage with it. 
And if you work in a school, I’d be pretty disappointed if you weren’t using it whilst looking after my child. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you get a phone call telling you to isolate how do you know the person on the other end of the line is genuine and not some random whose phoning numbers thinking its a fun idea telling people they have to isolate....

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hodge said:

So if you get a phone call telling you to isolate how do you know the person on the other end of the line is genuine and not some random whose phoning numbers thinking its a fun idea telling people they have to isolate....

Did you happen to watch the news conference last night by any chane?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hodge said:

So if you get a phone call telling you to isolate how do you know the person on the other end of the line is genuine and not some random whose phoning numbers thinking its a fun idea telling people they have to isolate....

I'd want a number to call back that I know is for the contract tracers at the least.

I still dont understand how it works though, how are you meant to know who you've been in contact with?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I'd want a number to call back that I know is for the contract tracers at the least.

I still dont understand how it works though, how are you meant to know who you've been in contact with?

It’s ridiculous. You aren’t.  You just tell them who you have been in contact with (those you know the name of) and they then call these people and tell them to isolate. Probably send them a test as well

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've installed the app. It seemed never ending to prove who I was but once it is installed the app is actually very useful

I even found out I had a sticky eye back in 1975 when I was 6 months old lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, phantom said:

I've installed the app. It seemed never ending to prove who I was but once it is installed the app is actually very useful

I even found out I had a sticky eye back in 1975 when I was 6 months old :laugh:

Isn't that the general NHS app rather than the contact tracing one (which remains on trial in the IoW but downloadable anywhere)?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhs.online.nhsonline

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.nhs.nhsx.colocate

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Isn't that the general NHS app rather than the contact tracing one (which remains on trial in the IoW but downloadable anywhere)?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nhs.online.nhsonline

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.nhs.nhsx.colocate

Possibly but followed a link online that said they were both combined into one now

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, phantom said:

I've installed the app. It seemed never ending to prove who I was but once it is installed the app is actually very useful

I even found out I had a sticky eye back in 1975 when I was 6 months old :laugh:

So this app shows your entire medical history?

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, phantom said:

Mine does

Shows all previous medications etc too

Thanks.Might be interesting.Can you remember the name of the app please?.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

That's a long read then, plants 😉

I think mine will have a fair few "scrapes" on there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted in general coronavirus thread as well, this was posted by someone I know in a community noticeboard, called it ages ago that you can't know whose on the other end of the line, before realising it was a scammer the person had given away their address

Just to let you know this is a telephone call my friend received today. Be aware folks. X
‘Good morning, I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested postive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'
'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'
'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'
'Right. Um... so ....'
'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'
'Ok (gives address)'
'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalise this and send the kit to you.'
'Sorry - a payment card? I though this was all free?'
'No - I'm afraid not. There is a one-off fee of £500 for the kit, and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'
'No - that's not right. This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'
'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'
Puts phone down.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...