IGNORED

CARDIFF ST HOLDERS

pillred

Apparently if Cardiff city season ticket holders have the temerity to ask for a refund on the matches they miss this season they will lose their status as season ticket holders which I presume means they lose their seat, they can either get money of next seasons ticket or make a contribution to the academy, don't know about you but personally think they have got a bl**dy cheek.

17 minutes ago, pillred said:

Apparently if Cardiff city season ticket holders have the temerity to ask for a refund on the matches they miss this season they will lose their status as season ticket holders which I presume means they lose their seat, they can either get money of next seasons ticket or make a contribution to the academy, don't know about you but personally think they have got a bl**dy cheek.

Taking a full refund on a product you bought shouldn't then allow you to carry on recieving the benefits of it surely? 

• SC&T Board Members
2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Then why are city not doing the same, I would be pretty miffed if they had and I suspect a lot of others would be to.

City have done so. They made it quite clear that by taking the refund you lose your status as a season ticket holder for this season. As the deadline for ST renewal has long gone, your claim on your existing seat for next season has long gone too if you have not already renewed.

Isn’t that exactly the line we got? 

If you would like a pro-rata refund please email bristolcityrefundSCH@bristol-sport.co.uk no later than midday, Tuesday, June 16th. Please note you will need to email separately for each Season Card refund requested and include details of your Supporter I.D. Beyond this date any supporters we do not hear from will automatically receive Option 1 from the choices above. Please note by receiving a refund you will NOT receive free access to City’s remaining matches in 2019/20 via Robins TV. Should you choose the pro-rata refund option you will forego your status as a season card holder and all associated benefits for the current season.the 

17 minutes ago, pillred said:

Then why are city not doing the same, I would be pretty miffed if they had and I suspect a lot of others would be to.

13 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

City have done so. They made it quite clear that by taking the refund you lose your status as a season ticket holder for this season. As the deadline for ST renewal has long gone, your claim on your existing seat for next season has long gone too if you have not already renewed.

So I guess you're pretty miffed, then?

32 minutes ago, pillred said:

I thought we were and I'd expect most clubs are. 

Why would you retain other benefits, if you are asking for a refund..? 

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

Didn't bother with a season ticket for the first time in 25 years, turned out to be a good decision as it turned out, still go down to most games though.

If you are going most games, then I'd suggest that it wasn't a very good decision. 

Unforseen global pandemic aside, of course. 

35 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

If you go to most games then not getting a season card was surely a mistake? You'd have saved loads!

With hindsight yes, but at the time due to my wife's health and looking after my father in law who has unfortunately since died while in a care home from Coronavirus I thought I would have to miss a lot more games than actually turned out, not sure what to do about next season as far as getting a season ticket a lot will depend on how well my wife gets on.

2 hours ago, pillred said:

I really don’t get this complaint. If you ask for your money back on something and they give it to you, why would you expect to retain the benefits that you paid for but have no longer paid for?

49 minutes ago, pillred said:

With hindsight yes, but at the time due to my wife's health and looking after my father in law who has unfortunately since died while in a care home from Coronavirus I thought I would have to miss a lot more games than actually turned out, not sure what to do about next season as far as getting a season ticket a lot will depend on how well my wife gets on.

Absolutely. Family before football allways. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

I sincerely hope it all works out for you both. Good luck and stay safe.

2 hours ago, pillred said:

Sorry to hear. Puts a lot of things in perspective.

All the best to you and your family ❤️?

2 hours ago, Natchfever said:

Unless the season finishes on a high I don't forsee a stampede for any seats given up as a consequence of getting a refund, here or particularly in Cardiff.

That is what I was trying to get at it, doesn't exactly endear the club to it's supporters especially as we have no idea what will happen next season regarding watching games, you would think clubs would try to keep their fans onside. I have received a fair bit of stick on here for my post, perhaps I should have explained my self better and now you have done it for me.

36 minutes ago, pillred said:

That is what I was trying to get at it, doesn't exactly endear the club to it's supporters especially as we have no idea what will happen next season regarding watching games, you would think clubs would try to keep their fans onside. I have received a fair bit of stick on here for my post, perhaps I should have explained my self better and now you have done it for me.

I literally can't see a single person has given you any stick whatsoever on here..?! 

21 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We have requested a refund amounting to £95 each but they can't take our seats away for next season as we've already bought them.

This may be the difference between us and Cardiff. Someone at work is a Cardiff season ticket holder and he hadn't renewed his when all this started. If they hadn't put theirs on sale, or hadn't reached the deadline date for renewals, then they'll be in a different position to City - and I guess what they're saying (rightly or wrongly) is that if you take a refund on this season, and haven't renewed for next, then you lose your guaranteed seat.

Agree with you, I can't see how City could do that for all of us who've already renewed (and if Cardiff had already sold some for next season then I can't see how they can take them away either.

23 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I thought we were and I'd expect most clubs are. 

Why would you retain other benefits, if you are asking for a refund..? 

Aren't people asking for a part refund to cover missed games?  Shouldn't the benefits be reduced in kind?

City should reserve 9/10s of your seat for you with the understanding that if you re-purchase your seat you may be sharing it with a skinny midget.

23 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We have requested a refund amounting to £95 each but they can't take our seats away for next season as we've already bought them.

You cheeky monkey!  Ashton will be fuming! ?

On 18/06/2020 at 18:59, pillred said:

Sorry to read about the difficulties you and your loved ones have had @pillred. In hindsight yes if you went to most games, but understandable decision in the circumstances.

On 18/06/2020 at 17:54, Dredd said:

Isn’t that exactly the line we got? 

If you would like a pro-rata refund please email bristolcityrefundSCH@bristol-sport.co.uk no later than midday, Tuesday, June 16th. Please note you will need to email separately for each Season Card refund requested and include details of your Supporter I.D. Beyond this date any supporters we do not hear from will automatically receive Option 1 from the choices above. Please note by receiving a refund you will NOT receive free access to City’s remaining matches in 2019/20 via Robins TV. Should you choose the pro-rata refund option you will forego your status as a season card holder and all associated benefits for the current season.the 

Does this mean that you are not gauranteed your usual seat for next season too? Or we dont get a discount on away travel/discount at the kiosks?

1 hour ago, PhilC said:

Sorry to read about the difficulties you and your loved ones have had @pillred. In hindsight yes if you went to most games, but understandable decision in the circumstances.

Thankyou for your kind words, the last 9 months have been a nightmare my poor wife has had to go back on dialysis after her first transplant failed and to cap it all off her dad became to frail to look after himself so we were spending a lot of time at his house looking after him, eventually he went into a home where nearly half the residents died including him, I thought I would miss most games but due to other people taking some of the load I was able to get to a lot more games than I thought my wife is getting on well on dialysis so if we can watch in person next season I will hopefully be there.   

7 minutes ago, pillred said:

Thankyou for your kind words, the last 9 months have been a nightmare my poor wife has had to go back on dialysis after her first transplant failed and to cap it all off her dad became to frail to look after himself so we were spending a lot of time at his house looking after him, eventually he went into a home where nearly half the residents died including him, I thought I would miss most games but due to other people taking some of the load I was able to get to a lot more games than I thought my wife is getting on well on dialysis so if we can watch in person next season I will hopefully be there.   

Bloody hell mate, you’ve certainly been through it....hope things get better.

Archived