IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers v Bristol City Match Day 38

Septic Peg

14 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Well it didn't seem to affect the home team, was it because they are use to it?

Forgetting their guy slipping when he was through with an open goal? Was almost Bas Savage levels

30 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Simple truth is they were better than us all over the park, deserved the win. The goal they had chalked off as well, should have been more convincing . Ironically we  had better players than Blackburn but zero cohesion.  It’s same old, all these clubs in the bag and spinning tombola and we can never string together decent passing moves.  Or very rarely . 9th or 10th finish looks right 

Yes, we are distinctly less than the sum of our parts, which means the person orchestrating the tactics and formation of our team is at fault?

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I said in the previous comment about the pitch 'no excuses'

The only reason I mentioned the pitch was because I found it strange it was so bad when theres been no football for 3 months.

And maybe that is how Blackburn like it. They are a very physical team.

Yeah apologies. 

They average more possession than us so I'm unsure on the physicality element. Can be both I guess. I think they're a reasonable footballing side personally.

Overwatered pitch maybe? Maybe overcompensating as we're in summer. However a well watered pitch can speed up ball circulation. Barcelona used to do it, unsure they still do.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I said in the previous comment about the pitch 'no excuses'

The only reason I mentioned the pitch was because I found it strange it was so bad when theres been no football for 3 months.

And maybe that is how Blackburn like it. They are a very physical team.

They out-muscled us at the Gate.

Massengo was poor that day (like the others) and gave away the second goal.

But it seems Johnson didn't learn anything from that.

We needed a different approach, but hey-ho, who am I to question the Great and Wonderful Wizard of Aaarrghs?

39 minutes ago, 2015 said:

So are you insinuating this is becoming a dictatorship football club where fans and commentators cannot state the honest truth that we were poor?

I suspect that as the "commentators" work for the club they may be inclined to be less than brutally honest at times. ?

36 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Compared to Fulham v Brentford you wouldn’t think us and Blackburn were in the same league as them.

Poor performance, and the only quality was Blackburn’s 3rd goal.

We aren’t going to get relegated, and we aren’t on this showing better than a mid table team with that starting line up, so why not go for it in the first Of nine cup finals? We couldn’t have fared worse if Afobe, Palmer, Wells and DaSilva had started.

This really is a golden opportunity with our squad to push for the top six.

Absolutely right.  Having watched the Fulham v Brentford game earlier, and then the turgid spectacle our game offered..........it is clear that technically and tactically we are a million miles away from the play offs, let alone promotion.  The Fulham game was high tempo and fluid, and really enjoyable to watch.  LJ is kidding himself, he continues to talk a good game, but produces nothing of note, where it counts, on the pitch.

41 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

Missed Weimann badly today, missed his urgency. Not replaced Pack or Brownhill sadly and it shows. At the back Kalas and Baker probably got off lightly. Only consolation is it could have been a heavier defeat and we are still only 2 points off play-offs.

The starting line-up was too defensive and as results show without home crowds there should be a mentality change. Blackburn the only home win in the division says it all.

Weimann isnt good enough either if we want promotion

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

On a positive note, the Robins TV coverage worked fine.

That`s it really...………...………......……..

It worked well for me as well and my half time sausage roll was nice.  That’s two things for me. 

31 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Don't have a clue. Johnson must know Bentley is far less reliable.

For all I know Maenpaa might come in and make bad mistakes. But going on evidence I think there's less chance of that happening.

I was one of many calling for the change, that finally came two games before Armageddon so in theory Maenpaa was in possession of the shirt. The thing is, LJ paid money for Bents, while NM was nearly Ley go. I don't think NM has ever let us down.

I don't blame Bents for the first, one of those difficult ones he had to wait to see if someone got a touch, he just doesn't fill me with confidence any more.

20 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

They out-muscled us at the Gate.

Massengo was poor that day (like the others) and gave away the second goal.

But it seems Johnson didn't learn anything from that.

We needed a different approach, but hey-ho, who am I to question the Great and Wonderful Wizard of Aaarrghs?

I saw that written by several amateur sleuths and analytical geniuses on Twitter etc. Yet the professional know it alls end up dropping one of only 3 genuine CMFs, then another gets taken off which leaves Korey. COD, Pato or KP are not CMFs as such. We basically played a schoolboy 4-1-everybodyelse.

Bad team choice, bad tactics, poor performance all round, wish I'd taken option3 now.

LJ has been given far more money than any other manager we’ve had pro rata and all we’re doing is treading water as a mid table club. Lansdown gave him the money to to get Nakhi Wells in the January transfer window and his dad got Dele Adebola and still did better than him! 

24 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

He needs to not be playing! I presume Nicki is leaving at the end of the season, and I'd like to see Bentley moved on. Looks like Max for No.1 jersey!

Well it's clear that Nikki shouldn't be leaving.

I didn't watch it so I can only comment from the sensible posts on here but it seems to be a carry on from earlier in the season. We have a squad of players who are capable but tactics which don't seem to get the best out of them (accepting they haven't played for a while and fitness etc- although applies to Blackburn too). 

It's so frustrating that we seem to have continued to be set up to a plan LJ has that isn't working.

Pleased I asked for a refund on my ST now although I wished I didn't feel that way about it.

51 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I think they are a bang average champ side. We aren't.

Dunno about that. They have some serious experience and pedigree in their side- and some good ballplaying CB's. This without their star man and an injury crisis at LB- something we should have exploited much more but that's another issue...

Not particularly surprising they're in and around the top 6 really. I think I tipped them back in July.

26 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I was one of many calling for the change, that finally came two games before Armageddon so in theory Maenpaa was in possession of the shirt. The thing is, LJ paid money for Bents, while NM was nearly Ley go. I don't think NM has ever let us down.

I don't blame Bents for the first, one of those difficult ones he had to wait to see if someone got a touch, he just doesn't fill me with confidence any more.

I saw that written by several amateur sleuths and analytical geniuses on Twitter etc. Yet the professional know it alls end up dropping one of only 3 genuine CMFs, then another gets taken off which leaves Korey. COD, Pato or KP are not CMFs as such. We basically played a schoolboy 4-1-everybodyelse.

Bad team choice, bad tactics, poor performance all round, wish I'd taken option3 now.

Exactly this. Bad team choice, bad performance- substitutions  compounded this and the midfield was an accident waiting to happen.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

No excuses but that pitch was awful. How can it be in that bad condition when they have had 3 months of looking after it!

Perhaps a deliberate tactic by Blackburn to stop us keeping the ball o the ground and to spoil our quick passing game.  :)

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Exactly this. Bad team choice, bad performance- substitutions  compounded this and the midfield was an accident waiting to happen.

Definition of madness is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result/outcome.

How many games have we seen almost exactly the same post mortem?

9 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Perhaps a deliberate tactic by Blackburn to stop us keeping the ball o the ground and to spoil our quick passing game.  :)

You might be on the money with that. Imagine, you know the ground is going to be soft well ahead of the game & train accordingly - that’s a marginal gain, our boss likes those too.

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

LJ said he didn’t see the performance coming. Too much anxiety in the team, and Bentley needs to do better. The holy trio of excuses. 

I don't mean to join the Johnson pile on, but anxiety in the team is his responsibility. Head coach is responsible for the team mentality.

He's right about Bentley, but the warning signs were there vs Southampton and no action taken.

I think Johnson should come out and take full  blame.

Archived