IGNORED

Bristol City v Sheffield Wednesday - Match Day 39

Davefevs

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Having watched the Blackburn game back through I wasn't overly impressed with Pato, even his goal was headed pretty much straight at the keeper who parried it in

Fam is level with Weimann if you take away penalties and Weimann plays a lot on the wing, Wells division scoring record much better than Fam and Afobe had started really well for us.

Sky saying 442 with Weimann wide, easy to say why no Palmer as he won't play in a midfield 2, Eliasson not defensively strong enough infront on Hunt?

I wasn't overly impressed with Pato either, but he scored, and was by no means as terrible as the rest of the midfield. Fam has a Scoring rate almost exactly the same as Wells around 1 in 3, and comfortably ahead of Afobe, and has also been our best player for some time now. 

I wouldn't start Palmer  even in a 3 as if you are playing someone behind the front 2 Pato currently deserves the place and it's his to loose. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Hundreds of pounds a year for Sky and they can’t even be bothered to research how to spell player names.

Apparently “Nakhi” Wells and “Nicky” Maenpaa are playing today. 

Just goes to show how famous we are 

It's a better attacking team which is what I think we should be going for, not sure what COD has over LJ or because he sees more than most of us in training ??‍♂️ want Palmer to play but I can see why he is not starting in a 442 hopefully will come on at some point and make a difference...

1 minute ago, Spud55 said:

I wasn't overly impressed with Pato either, but he scored, and was by no means as terrible as the rest of the midfield. Fam has a Scoring rate almost exactly the same as Wells around 1 in 3, and comfortably ahead of Afobe, and has also been our best player for some time now. 

I wouldn't start Palmer  even in a 3 as if you are playing someone behind the front 2 Pato currently deserves the place and it's his to loose. 

Goals per 90 (includes penalties)

Weimann - 0.25

Diedhiou - 0.35

Wells - 0.58

Afobe - 0.49

29 minutes ago, WRERE said:

It doesn't though does it.

Maenpaa for Bentley - Bentley had a very poor game

Hunt for Pedro - Pedro is injured.

Dasilva for Rowe - Rowe was opted for Blackburn to try and combat the height. Dasilva is the first choice left back and has been since he came back from injury.

Williams for Kalas - Same above. Kalas was very poor and has been for most of the season due to injuries. Williams & Baker have been good together.

Weimann, Wells & Afobe have all been injured/not 100% to start or last >60 minutes or unavailable so couldn't realistically start vs Blackburn.

Look at the number of players used this season. We are one of the highest. 

Changing 7 players is ridiculous. How can you get consistency? How can you form a relationship over a period of games? 

Just now, Selred said:

Changing 7 players is ridiculous. How can you get consistency? How can you form a relationship over a period of games? 

Not changing 7 would be more ridiculous after Saturday’s shit show. 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Could it possibly be 4222, ala RB Leipzig?

It's just 442 with Wieman and O'Useless out wide.

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Johnson says it’s three up front so wells on wing I guess.  He’s called it interesting. I can think of other words 

OK so... wtf!

How COD could be in the starting eleven is more than a ? We have Niclas, Pato, Nagy, Afobe. What is LJ thinking on. Ryan Kent was the worst player I seen in a City shirt. COD not as bad but the same type of player. When Im writing this Im angry but Im a big City fan and hope COD plays well and score. 2-0 City. Always believe COYR!!!

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Not changing 7 would be more ridiculous after Saturday’s shit show. 

Well it shows how badly we had it last week doesn't it really. Those 7 shouldn't of started if they had to be changed after a week. 

1 or 2 players may have a bad day and deserved to be dropped. But 7 to me shows its far more than the players

Surprising line-up but not too unhappy.

Bentley had to be dropped and it is great to see Wells and Afobe start together up-front.

Really glad Dasilva is back and, whilst not the most graceful footballers, I think Williams and Baker is our most solid defensive centre-back pairing. Prefer Hunt in a 5 than a 4 but no option without Pereira.

Not really clear if it is O'Dowda in a midfield three or wide in a four-four two but in an ideal world I'd have rather had Nagy and Palmer in for O'Dowda and Massengo. But changes were needed from last week and we've got them. Hopefully those two can prove me wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

I reckon GJ called LJ this morning and told him what side to pick. There is a time when you need to take your old mans word on board. Especially when the son is in a dire situation.

2 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

How COD could be in the starting eleven is more than a ? We have Niclas, Pato, Nagy, Afobe. What is LJ thinking on. Ryan Kent was the worst player I seen in a City shirt. COD not as bad but the same type of player. When Im writing this Im angry but Im a big City fan and hope COD plays well and score. 2-0 City. Always believe COYR!!!

You obviously never saw Gus Caeser or Jason Cundy

14 minutes ago, hodge said:

Having watched the Blackburn game back through I wasn't overly impressed with Pato, even his goal was headed pretty much straight at the keeper who parried it in

Fam is level with Weimann if you take away penalties and Weimann plays a lot on the wing, Wells division scoring record much better than Fam and Afobe had started really well for us.

Sky saying 442 with Weimann wide, easy to say why no Palmer as he won't play in a midfield 2, Eliasson not defensively strong enough infront on Hunt?

Eliasson offers far more support for his full back then Weimann does. Weimann on right wing is a waste of space.

Archived