When Pat Lam was interviewed on BT Rugby prior to joining Bristol Rugby, he was bemused when the the football club structure and Ashton's role was mentioned by the reporter. Lam then stated he would have full control.  

It's seems the Bristol Sport is not consistent. Forget being inundated with applications you would have thought Ashton would have already had a list of possible candidates, the likes of Hughton, Cook, best coaches in the Bundesliga etc. 

I hope Ashton can convince Hughton to join, and if he's has to concede some control so be it (amend the roles & responsibilities). If not, we might get a Div 1 / 2 coach again, with Ashton and his colleague's roles protected. That won't be good for Bristol City.     

• Like 11
  • Flames 2
23 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Cannot see the issue. Said interest from all over the globe and at home and they will whittle it down.  Does anyone really expect BCFC to name candidates to the media, or conduct interviews by OTIB.  
It’s time to mellow out and simply enjoy the ride for a few weeks. 

I demand that OTIB gets access to the interviews via a Zoom call or something.

That way we really will be the first to know.

• Haha 1

Ì thought he emphasised the amount of applications from around the world so strongly I'm now convinced we are getting a foreign nanager.*

I also thought Dean Holden wasn't telling the truth when he said Palmer had a quad problem. *

*I know absolutely nothing about interpreting what people say in interviews

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Ì thought he emphasised the amount of applications from around the world so strongly I'm now convinced we are getting a foreign nanager.*

I also thought Dean Holden wasn't telling the truth when he said Palmer had a quad problem. *

*I know absolutely nothing about interpreting what people say in interviews

Yep - Holden must be a dreadful poker player for sure!