IGNORED

No plan, no action

Matthew me

I think people keep drawing conclusion we have no idea about. We have no idea what has and hasn't been happening. maybe we have already appointed someone but they are finishing out the season with their current club, Maybe the the main person we want asked for time to consider options, maybe SL and MA secretly went on holiday and don't care about the club at all! The point is we don't know - it makes sense to speculate and and debate what maybe happening (we're all obviously excited to see what happens), but drawing conclusions and then getting angry about them as though they're facts is a waste of time.

4 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

I think people keep drawing conclusion we have no idea about. We have no idea what has and hasn't been happening. maybe we have already appointed someone but they are finishing out the season with their current club, Maybe the the main person we want asked for time to consider options, maybe SL and MA secretly went on holiday and don't care about the club at all! The point is we don't know - it makes sense to speculate and and debate what maybe happening (we're all obviously excited to see what happens), but drawing conclusions and then getting angry about them as though they're facts is a waste of time.

How very true

1 hour ago, LoyalRed said:

The line is Hughton is said to be excited. Not Hughton said he is excited which is quite different the first is from a "source" usually quoted as being close to Hughton, the second is an actual quote of something Hughton is on record as actually saying.

I doubt very much if Hughton has gone on record as stating he wants to join us - not saying he doesn't but I'd be surprised if he said something like that before being offered the job.

9 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

I think the pretty unrealistic Hughton option is clouding everyone’s judgment on alternatives.  He has allegedly turned down one Premier League and four Championship jobs in the last year. He has Watford, Bournemouth, Villa and Norwich jobs potentially available. 

Watford - Sack managers for fun so no job security

Bournemouth - reportedly need to raise £45m to £60m in transfers to plug the hole in decreased income from relegation, probably will also lose the likes of Ake, Brooks, King, Billing, Wilson, Ramsdale etc, small stadium if they don't go up in parachute payment seasons they're in trouble for getting back up and season on season will get harder as funds reduce.

Villa - Could see him going there

Norwich - Would feel so bad for Farke if he got binned off after not being allowed to spend much after going up, would he want to go back to Norwich?  

33 minutes ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

The line is Hughton is said to be excited. Not Hughton said he is excited which is quite different the first is from a "source" usually quoted as being close to Hughton, the second is an actual quote of something Hughton is on record as actually saying.

I doubt very much if Hughton has gone on record as stating he wants to join us - not saying he doesn't but I'd be surprised if he said something like that before being offered the job.

Perhaps you would like to contact sky sports to find out if Hughton said he was excited or whether he is said to be excited, either way the clue would be in the word “excited”.   Whether he came out himself and said it or whether the word came out from another source that he was excited by the prospect.  It would be an unusual story to put out to say he was excited if he wasn’t, don’t you think?  Perhaps if he is not interested maybe they could have used another word other than excited. 

5 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

Perhaps you would like to contact sky sports to find out if Hughton said he was excited or whether he is said to be excited, either way the clue would be in the word “excited”.   Whether he came out himself and said it or whether the word came out from another source that he was excited by the prospect.  It would be an unusual story to put out to say he was excited if he wasn’t, don’t you think?  Perhaps if he is not interested maybe they could have used another word other than excited. 

And as it’s not a quote, perhaps he never spoke to them at all.

I did wonder if the sacking was just made in a fit of pique once the top 6 became improbable. Well not fit of pique but fairly suddenly.

I doubt it to be the case, but I was hoping that this sacking would give us a head start- still could of course.

In a normal pre-season I'd have few issues but this is no normal pre-season, break between seasons.

The two dates proposed for the beginning of 2020/21 are September 12th 2020 or August 29th 2020- the margin for error and room for a more leisurely pace here is low- of course if there's something pre-arranged with someone- could it be Cook- then this point is somewhat moot but the timescales are tight, the transfer situation could be tight but certainly with a new manager getting their ideas across, assessing the players etc. A vote will decide which date it is.

For us, in the best case scenario as things stand it'd be 52 days- so give or take 7 and a half weeks between seasons. If not, then 38 days, so give or take 5 and a half weeks- not much bedding in for a new manager if not already appointed in either scenario!

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I did wonder if the sacking was just made in a fit of pique once the top 6 became improbable. Well not fit of pique but fairly suddenly.

I doubt it to be the case, but I was hoping that this sacking would give us a head start- still could of course.

In a normal pre-season I'd have few issues but this is no normal pre-season, break between seasons.

The two dates proposed for the beginning of 2020/21 are September 12th 2020 or August 29th 2020- the margin for error and room for a more leisurely pace here is low- of course if there's something pre-arranged with someone- could it be Cook- then this point is somewhat moot but the timescales are tight, the transfer situation could be tight but certainly with a new manager getting their ideas across, assessing the players etc. A vote will decide which date it is.

For us, in the best case scenario as things stand it'd be 52 days- so give or take 7 and a half weeks between seasons. If not, then 38 days, so give or take 5 and a half weeks- not much bedding in for a new manager if not already appointed in either scenario!

Spot on! The clock is ticking and we have a chance to be ahead of the curve if we appointed quickly. The pre season is so short this year. Contracts to sort, etc

9 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Arousal ?

?

Maybe the new manager has been selected and is ready to go once the season ends. Allowing Dean Holden and his team to run the show until the end of the season. As has been pointed out already the new man could be watching videos, planning changes to personnel and preparing us for their style of football. Why do I think this? Steve Lansdown was very good to both GJ & LJ and unless they have had a falling out I could not see him clearing the decks so soon. LJ was as I understand very upset by the decision, possibly  came as a bit of surprise even. Now I am not in the know but I think the announcement will come either Friday or Monday once the season is complete and a further clearing of staff has taken place. For what it's worth I still think it will be Chris Hughton.

6 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Spot on! The clock is ticking and we have a chance to be ahead of the curve if we appointed quickly. The pre season is so short this year. Contracts to sort, etc

That’s easy if your first choice is available and willing to come. Not so much, say, if your third choice is, but your first two choices are hard to persuade.

Archived