IGNORED

Mid table obscurity....

Robbored

19 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Robbored

Reading up the thread.  Think your assessment of GJ rather harsh. We had phases we could be quite dominant, or good possession, good chances created. 

First half of season back up ie 2007/08, when he played Noble behind striker, talking at home largely, the football was fairly sound IIRC. Away from home we were definitely more pragmatic yet took some real hammering too. 

Early on in 2009/10, we had some good periods. 2 goals here, 3 goals there. Some good possession.

Don't think he got the best out of various players though, but OTOH if we could've had either Maynard in that 2007/08 side or a fully fit Brooker-Maynard front two from 2008/09, who knows how things may have panned out!

Think GJ was in a number of ways better than LJ which is odd as when LJ joined I was hoping for GJ but better.

Upgraded, more modern - the strengths of GJ but ultimately better.

It was around 13 years ago that I first complained about the dreary style that GJ was putting on and got absolutely slaughtered for my views....................:facepalm:

Now all these years later LJ was putting on exactly the same dreary style as his father had............:dunno:

Bear in mind that LJ career in football is pretty much owed to his father and it’s no real surprise that he copied the same as his dad in management and that’s my point.

Personally I’m delighted that the miasma created by the Johnsons has finally evaporated. Now what City need is breath of fresh air to start again.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It was around 13 years ago that I first complained about the dreary style that GJ was putting on and got absolutely slaughtered for my views....................:facepalm:

Now all these years later LJ was putting on exactly the same dreary style as his father had............:dunno:

Bear in mind that LJ career in football is pretty much owed to his father and it’s no real surprise that he copied the same as his dad in management and that’s my point.

Personally I’m delighted that the miasma created by the Johnsons has finally evaporated. Now what City need is breath of fresh air to start again.

Noble behind striker.

Didn't see much problem. You seem to have it in for GJ however.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Noble behind striker.

Didn't see much problem. You seem to have it in for GJ however.

That accusation has been made number times Mr Pop and despite my pleas on innocence It still occasionally happens.........nothing more  I can do unfortunately.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That accusation has been made number times Mr Pop and despite my pleas on innocence It still occasionally happens.........nothing more  I can do unfortunately.

Fair. 

Don't think the football was so bad under him, at times. Have it in for him maybe I'm wrong there, think your assessment a tad harsh though.

4 hours ago, billywedlock said:

We got what we deserved and it was possible to see it coming for 2 years at least . There has been a ridiculous lack of scrutiny of approach and total lack of accountability for the actions of LJ and to an extent MA.

We have no footballing identity

There is no club process or values 

There is no map of player identification to meet our values because our coach changed idea week to week

we have publicly insulted players and blamed them

There is no collective team spirit or desire

We say one thing but do another. A good example being that we identify player replacements in case someone leaves. 

Where is the connection to our youth teams 

The list could go on. We learnt nothing from how SC got the team promoted and threw away those values.

2018. Cardiff 1 Bristol City 0. 

That is when I started posting about what became a reality. There was no model guiding the football. It was just rhetoric. 

I watch a family member play at Wise. I watched the academy and on the adjacent pitches would be the U23's. The academy teams had  a connection in their football to the U23's. When I watched Cardiff 1 Bristol City 0 there was no connection between what Mr Johnson's XI were doing and what the club outside of that XI were doing.

That was going on for seasons.

The lack of scrutiny was abysmal. Mr Ashton is also wholly at fault. 

23 hours ago, BCFC Grim said:

To some it comes as no surprise. Even when we were fighting for a play off place I thought we would fall to a position like this. 

I predicted 12th all along.

We were outstanding from Sep to Dec 2017 and mismanaged and inconsistent ever since.

Archived