Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Dean Holden (Merged)


If we appoint Holden I will...   

1,100 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

What if the delay is negotiating a contract with Dean? If I were his agent I'd feel I held all the cards, on the assumption that no one else is inclined to say yes. The job may turn out to be a bit of a poisoned chalice for someone wth a longer term view of their management potential. I wouldn't necessarily recommend Dean took it. Dean has a job at the club, which presumably pays ok and has a compensation clause if he's sacked. What if his agent feels he has Mark Ashton right where he wants him: 'You want Dean? This is what Dean wants...4 years contract, massive payoff if he is sacked.'

Is a very good point. The club appear to have painted themselves into a corner. DH can name his price. He wouldn't be the cheap option then!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I’m just absolutely speechless at this possible appointment 

I cannot explain to you how good humble pie would taste 

I was just reflecting Andy that one or two of us are awaiting slices of such a pie from the LJ uber-loyalists. Thing is, it never arrives!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Of course, we could just accept that maybe the Board are more experienced and knowledgeable at appointing managers, know the situation better and will therefore make the best decision for the club...? Just a thought 😉

History suggests otherwise...

  • Like 2
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Murray hasn’t been sacked. 

He tweeted the other day he’s going to remove his twitter for a bit, probs to take a break from the negativy etc. 

Tinnion has followed suit, the club won’t fire him either, he’s done a brilliant job so far.

I think both deactivating does confirm it’s going to be Holden though, they know what’s coming.

If it was Hughton, we would know by now. 

I’m almost certain this delay is only because Holden is now on holiday & once he’s back it will be confirmed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Murray hasn’t been sacked. 

He tweeted the other day he’s going to remove his twitter for a bit, probs to take a break from the negativy etc. 

Tinnion has followed suit, the club won’t fire him either, he’s done a brilliant job so far.

I think both deactivating does confirm it’s going to be Holden though, they know what’s coming.

If it was Hughton, we would know by now. 

I’m almost certain this delay is only because Holden is now on holiday & once he’s back it will be confirmed. 

Ha. What a downer this is 😉

 

No doubt accurate

Edited by Yozzarian
Link to post
Share on other sites

This may be clutching at some sort of straws and clinging onto something out of this carnage. 
But maybe sorting out the back room staff is something like a young up and coming coach like Ryan Lowe to take over when it fails this time? 
 

Anyway back to my crack pipe now. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Murray hasn’t been sacked. 

He tweeted the other day he’s going to remove his twitter for a bit, probs to take a break from the negativy etc. 

Tinnion has followed suit, the club won’t fire him either, he’s done a brilliant job so far.

I think both deactivating does confirm it’s going to be Holden though, they know what’s coming.

If it was Hughton, we would know by now. 

I’m almost certain this delay is only because Holden is now on holiday & once he’s back it will be confirmed. 

Yeah, it's now becoming more obvious as time goes on. Gotta get used to it!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Of course, we could just accept that maybe the Board are more experienced and knowledgeable at appointing managers, know the situation better and will therefore make the best decision for the club...? Just a thought 😉

Do you think that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nebristolred said:

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

Knowing you won't be there long......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nebristolred said:

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

SL has a thing about appointing managers who go on holiday. Steve Coppell did the same and that worked out well 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a reminder

Steven Lansdown told talkSPORT this week: “It’s the usual scene, although I haven’t been in it for a while, we’ve got a lot of good applicants.

“John Lansdown and Mark Ashton are sifting through those at the moment and drawing up a shortlist.

“We have a particular type of person we want to come in, there’s been a lot of good work here by Lee, we don’t want to lose that, someone has to come in and build on that.

“The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can.”

“I’m very sad, as much as he is an employee of myself, I’ve known him a long, long time as a player here and the last four and a half years as a manager,” he explained, on the decision to part company with Johnson.

“We worked very closely together, we spent a lot of time together and it’s difficult when these situations arise. We’re in a situation where Lee has done an awful lot of good work at the club in developing the pathway from the academy and fine-tuning our recruitment process.

“When it comes to the crunch, he hasn’t got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

“We discussed it before, we felt if we beat Cardiff we would have still had a chance at making that sixth place in the play-offs but we lost and that put us out of contention.

“We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season.”

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

Maybe he had his interview, thought "Hughton, Cook etc. no way I'll get it but worth a shot" and headed off on hols with his family for a week or whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

As a reminder

Steven Lansdown told talkSPORT this week: “It’s the usual scene, although I haven’t been in it for a while, we’ve got a lot of good applicants.

“John Lansdown and Mark Ashton are sifting through those at the moment and drawing up a shortlist.

“We have a particular type of person we want to come in, there’s been a lot of good work here by Lee, we don’t want to lose that, someone has to come in and build on that.

“The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can.”

“I’m very sad, as much as he is an employee of myself, I’ve known him a long, long time as a player here and the last four and a half years as a manager,” he explained, on the decision to part company with Johnson.

“We worked very closely together, we spent a lot of time together and it’s difficult when these situations arise. We’re in a situation where Lee has done an awful lot of good work at the club in developing the pathway from the academy and fine-tuning our recruitment process.

“When it comes to the crunch, he hasn’t got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

“We discussed it before, we felt if we beat Cardiff we would have still had a chance at making that sixth place in the play-offs but we lost and that put us out of contention.

“We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season.”

Compare this interview to what is happening now. That’s why everyone is so annoyed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2020 at 19:28, Septic Peg said:

Hope you like fish puns too...

Welcome!

For Cod's sake, what a load of Pollocks. Who will be the sole survivor? I'm a bit shell-shocked by all this. Stop carping on you're all

giving me a haddock. I can't stand all these fishcious rumours. If DH is HC and not CH then it won't be turtle disaster.

 

On 03/08/2020 at 19:28, Porto Red said:

I was thinking "welcome to the forum Steve Lansdown"...

Sir Steve to you (hopefully).

On 03/08/2020 at 19:27, Taunton_BCFC said:

Welcome to the forum Dean...

Thanks, see you tomorrow on the box.

On 03/08/2020 at 19:31, cityironman said:

Good post & unfortunately i think your probably right. Welcome by the way!

 I think we all need to take a break! Take a deep breath and log back in Monday.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

As a reminder

Steven Lansdown told talkSPORT this week: “It’s the usual scene, although I haven’t been in it for a while, we’ve got a lot of good applicants.

“John Lansdown and Mark Ashton are sifting through those at the moment and drawing up a shortlist.

“We have a particular type of person we want to come in, there’s been a lot of good work here by Lee, we don’t want to lose that, someone has to come in and build on that.

“The aim is to get us into the Premier League as soon as we can.”

“I’m very sad, as much as he is an employee of myself, I’ve known him a long, long time as a player here and the last four and a half years as a manager,” he explained, on the decision to part company with Johnson.

“We worked very closely together, we spent a lot of time together and it’s difficult when these situations arise. We’re in a situation where Lee has done an awful lot of good work at the club in developing the pathway from the academy and fine-tuning our recruitment process.

“When it comes to the crunch, he hasn’t got us over the line and we felt it was time to make the move, to make a change for someone who can help us make that next step.

“We discussed it before, we felt if we beat Cardiff we would have still had a chance at making that sixth place in the play-offs but we lost and that put us out of contention.

“We felt if we were going to make a change we should start now, bring a breath of fresh air into the club, everyone was on a downer at the point and anybody coming in gets plenty of time for the new season.”

SL on LJ 

"He is an employee of myself"

A revealing slip of the tongue.... 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

I find the whole 'Holden is on holiday' thing a bit odd though. If you're about to be given your first (permanent) managerial role at a club like Bristol City, do you really wait for your holidays to finish before signing the dotted line? Or do you get back to Brizzle, get the announcement done, then enjoy your final few days of holiday with good news and a beer?

Same here. I think that’s a very odd detail. Doesn’t add up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

SL on LJ 

"He is an employee of myself"

A revealing slip of the tongue.... 

Did he say that ? very revealing.

And a tad concerning.

Thought he had taken a bit of a back seat.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...