Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Recommended Posts

Parker very modest in victory ;

’ 

After the game, Parker said: "We've done what we've done tonight, but there's still improvement, and that's what makes me so proud and happy.

 

"For all of the good players and everything you see, what makes me so happy I see a group of players who only a year ago were struggling psychologically, didn't have a mindset or mentality.

"I've driven this team every single day and what makes me proud is I stood on the touchline tonight and seen a team that represents what I've been saying over the last 12 months."

PLEASE DONT SACK ME FOR A BIGGER NAME . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Parker very modest in victory ;

’ 

After the game, Parker said: "We've done what we've done tonight, but there's still improvement, and that's what makes me so proud and happy.

 

"For all of the good players and everything you see, what makes me so happy I see a group of players who only a year ago were struggling psychologically, didn't have a mindset or mentality.

"I've driven this team every single day and what makes me proud is I stood on the touchline tonight and seen a team that represents what I've been saying over the last 12 months."

PLEASE DONT SACK ME FOR A BIGGER NAME . 

It’s all about Scott Parker ;

’ 

image.gif.82fb09147597d7add5e713ff3581f987.gif
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

Fulham boss Scott Parker says Joe Bryan's opening goal was pre-planned after studying Brentford goalkeeper David Raya's starting position at free kicks.

Raya was caught out by a long-range free-kick which Bryan had initially shaped to cross.

"We did our due diligence on the keeper and the keeper's got a very aggressive, high starting position from wide free-kicks," said Parker.

"We brought it up in a set-play meeting and spoke to Joe and Harrison Reed, who would have been on the opposite side.

"I just felt when we brought Aleksandar Mitrovic on, Joe was going to cross the ball, because obviously one of Mitro's big attributes is heading, so I called him over.

"I didn't want to let on to Brentford's bench, so I tried to bluff it a little bit. I just said to Joe: 'Listen, I want you to go for it. I want you to commit to it. I want you to really give it a go and let's see what happens'.

Ah , I’m great aren’t I .

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Congratulations to Joe and Bobby , once again Prem players. 

5D4978B1-CF65-4791-8DFD-58070A76C665.jpeg

How is this possible? They were managed by some bloke with no managerial experience, promoted from within.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, walnutroof said:

Didn’t realise Brentford’s playoff record was so bad, it’s even worse than ours 

Twenty odd years ago  they narrowly beat City over 2 legs, but failed in the final. Six months later we went there in the League and won 4-1. So many  of us thought why couldn't the players do that back in May.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just glad I don't have to watch the Brentford manager chewing his gum with his mouth open.......did his mother not teach him how to eat properly?

Watching masticated Wrigleys Spearmint rolling around his trap like old underpants in a washing machine made me feel bloody ill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

I wonder whether one or two Prem clubs will take a look at Joe over the summer. Certainly put himself in the shop window last night.

On the other hand, I’m not sure Bobby will get much match time next season if he stays at Fulham. 

Leeds are keen on Bryan , Bielsa rates him 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Parker very modest in victory ;

’ 

After the game, Parker said: "We've done what we've done tonight, but there's still improvement, and that's what makes me so proud and happy.

 

"For all of the good players and everything you see, what makes me so happy I see a group of players who only a year ago were struggling psychologically, didn't have a mindset or mentality.

"I've driven this team every single day and what makes me proud is I stood on the touchline tonight and seen a team that represents what I've been saying over the last 12 months."

PLEASE DONT SACK ME FOR A BIGGER NAME . 

I wouldn't mind him here. Can we really stall until he is sacked though 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • TomF changed the title to Play Off Final
3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s all about Scott Parker says a modest Deano Holdie;

’ 

image.gif.82fb09147597d7add5e713ff3581f987.gif
ReutersCopyright: Reuters

Fulham boss Scott Parker says Joe Bryan's opening goal was pre-planned after studying Dean Holden's strategy at free kicks.

Raya was caught out by a long-range free-kick which Bryan had initially shaped to cross but following a Holden intervention by mobile phone- the former Holden pupil scored.

"Dean Holden did our due diligence on the keeper and the keeper's got a very aggressive, high starting position from wide free-kicks," said Parker.

"We brought it up in a set-play meeting and spoke to Dean Holden who would have been in Bristol.

"I just felt when we brought Aleksandar Mitrovic on, Joe was going to cross the ball, because obviously one of Mitro's big attributes is heading, so Deano advised me to call him over.

"I didn't want to let on to Brentford's bench, so I tried to bluff it a little bit and use Deano's tactics. I just said to Joe: 'Listen, I want you to go for it like Deano says. I want you to commit to it. I want you to really give it a go and let's see what happens' We just knew that if Deano was helping out then we had a chance.We are a lucky club to have players coached by Deanie Holdo who has a truly great future in the game

 

I think Parker has been very modest and last night really was all about BCFC- who knew about our new man's influence???.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Redpool said:

Might just be me. But i don't care about this whole Reid & Bryan love in...

 

Anyone who leaves City (of their own volitiion, for whatever reason) no longer means that much to me.

This applied to heroes such as Garland, Murray and others. When they left, they meant nothing, but when they came back they were idolised as always before.

One thing I'll never do, no matter how bads things are, is abandon the club or switch my allegiance.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How is this possible? They were managed by some bloke with no managerial experience, promoted from within.

Because they funded it through millions upon millions of pounds acquired via their stint in the prem.

He couldn’t keep them up, but did use all that money to essentially keep a premier league core, build on it and guide them to 4th.

I’d have been amazed if they hadn’t gone up.

I’m sure Scott won’t be found out next season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Because they funded it through millions upon millions of pounds acquired via their stint in the prem.

He couldn’t keep them up, but did use all that money to essentially keep a premier league core, build on it and guide them to 4th.

I’d have been amazed if they hadn’t gone up.

I’m sure Scott won’t be found out next season.

Rumours of him being sacked if they didn’t go up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Rumours of him being sacked if they didn’t go up.

Quite possible given the squad that he had at his disposable, including the division’s top scorer, plus a number of other players who are top notch at this level. Doesn’t diminish the achievement as not that many clubs go straight back up at the first attempt, despite the parachute payments etc.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Quite possible given the squad that he had at his disposable, including the division’s top scorer, plus a number of other players who are top notch at this level. Doesn’t diminish the achievement as not that many clubs go straight back up at the first attempt, despite the parachute payments etc.

Doesn’t diminish, I agree. 

I wouldn’t herald it either though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Anyone who leaves City (of their own volitiion, for whatever reason) no longer means that much to me.

This applied to heroes such as Garland, Murray and others. When they left, they meant nothing, but when they came back they were idolised as always before.

One thing I'll never do, no matter how bads things are, is abandon the club or switch my allegiance.

 

Do you believe that any City fan would switch allegiance? Or even any supporter of club outside the top 6 in the premier league?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was out so didn't see the live game but Brentford, do they just choke a bit when it comes to the crunch?

Stoke away- their game in hand an dknowing a draw would take them 2nd on GD vastly superior to West Brom with a home game v Barnsley to come- lose!

Barnsley at home- equalise and West Brom having difficulties, unexpected ones at that at home to QPR- lose!

Swansea away- beat them 6-1 on aggregate in the League this season- lose!

Then again, at home they turned them over and quick start- what a way to say Bye to Griffin Park!

Playoff final- could be argued Fulham favourites tbh but that was Brentford's first loss to Fulham in at least- not checked the records- 5 games.

Notably, Raya made error at Stoke and in final. On the flipside, it is also worth noting they had a penalty wrongly turned down at Stoke, Henry's red card in first leg of playoffs overturned on appeal so that was wrong probably and Reed could have been sent off at 0-0 last night- not our Reid but Harrison! Some big calls, all went against them wrongly.

Just seen it online, bloody awful tackle by Reed!

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...