IGNORED

Pre-season training - Day 2 Montage

Davefevs

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

About 8:10ish for a little glimpse of Joe Morrell intercepting then going into a challenge.  Got a bit of bite in him!

Also @Lrrr, the lesser spotted “T”....Tyreeq Bakinson (and J.Smith).  There are other flashes of him too.

37BFFB47-D6F0-4D3E-825C-BA750EC2395F.thumb.jpeg.84507713ba7c2e511fcf1d70ea256d29.jpeg

Thanks for posting Dave. Just thought Morrell would drop off the radar in recent seasons. Having watched him though for Wales , there’s definitly a player there. Hope he gets a good go this season 

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Morrell reads the Taylor Moore pass and cuts it out and then goes in with more aggression than Nagy to win the ball.

Saw that as well and thought Korey replacement straight away, don't blame TM for trying to play with the ball though we're going to need that.

I really think Morrell is going to be a big player for us.

Didn't see Walsh actually involved in any of the actual training or exercises? I know he was shown getting into Failand at the beginning .

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

No Fam again . Would seem he’s off , but strange he’s not training unless it’s nearly done , as Eliasson is training  

He went to Senegal when the season finished so had to go into isolation for 14 days. He may still go but that's why he's not in training.

So summary:

J.Smith and Bakinson with first team.  Neither have squad numbers on their shorts.  Bakinson has featured for first team, v C.Palace, and wore no30, which hasn’t been used by anyone else as far as I know.

No Maenpaa, Williams, Adelakun, Hinds, Janneh or Morton seen in any videos.  Nor Fam either, but he’s self-isolating.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So summary:

J.Smith and Bakinson with first team.  Neither have squad numbers on their shorts.  Bakinson has featured for first team, v C.Palace, and wore no30, which hasn’t been used by anyone else as far as I know.

No Maenpaa, Williams, Adelakun, Hinds, Janneh or Morton seen in any videos.  Nor Fam either, but he’s self-isolating.

Adelakun is wanted by Oxford and Rotherham apparently..

https://therealefl.co.uk/2020/08/13/oxford-united-linked-with-move-for-24-year-old-championship-winger/

2 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Yes, you’d imagine he must be close to signing....at one of them.

Id imagine Hinds, Morton and Janneh are either going to be part of u23 or Loan.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Still no Famara, Williams or Maenpaa.

Despite absolutely nothing from the club have to assume now that the latter has been released.

I thought it was announced that Maenpaa has not been retained, mores the pity - up there with the best keepers I've see for City.

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

About 8:10ish for a little glimpse of Joe Morrell intercepting then going into a challenge.  Got a bit of bite in him!

Also @Lrrr, the lesser spotted “T”....Tyreeq Bakinson (and J.Smith).  There are other flashes of him too.

37BFFB47-D6F0-4D3E-825C-BA750EC2395F.thumb.jpeg.84507713ba7c2e511fcf1d70ea256d29.jpeg

Great stuff thanks for that, being in OZ & so far away it's great to see some of the work that goes on, a couple of the young guys are now big units  :thumbsup:.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s what I say too....video skills ✅ capturing the mood on social media ?

I see this numerous times in people I encounter in my job:

Been to college to get the technical skills/ Lack intelligence/experience in interpersonal skills to effectively employ that tech.

13 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Some of ‘em look like they’ve been enjoying the break a bit too much. 

Really? Who? I was just thinking what that video would have looked like even 10 years ago. I think I have more fat in my body than the whole squad combined! 

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is the guy with PD on his shirt that is quite prominent in these videos? 

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Really? Who? I was just thinking what that video would have looked like even 10 years ago. I think I have more fat in my body than the whole squad combined! 

Sorry for my ignorance, but who is the guy with PD on his shirt that is quite prominent in these videos? 

It's PO isn't it? If so that will be Patrick Orme our head of fitness and conditioning I think

31 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I see this numerous times in people I encounter in my job:

Been to college to get the technical skills/ Lack intelligence/experience in interpersonal skills to effectively employ that tech.

....and I suspect similar is true of the data analysts in talent ID.  Can crunch numbers in their sleep, but does it meet the data brief?

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

....and I suspect similar is true of the data analysts in talent ID.  Can crunch numbers in their sleep, but does it meet the data brief?

Aye. Sometimes you'll get no better judge of talent than an experienced scout who's played the game and seen a lot.

Archived