IGNORED

City vs Swindon

t_b

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

The quote was “bit of sloppiness in our play but the players are playing in a fatigued state”.

What has that got to do with Swindon?

As I explained above ? 

I thought it was a simple and obvious point and again, not something I'm that bothered about. 

20 hours ago, 2015 said:

Would be concerned if Rowe, Vyner, Hunt, Weimann and O'Dowda are regular starters going into this season. 

Hopefully focusing on fitness levels and not this being a starting 11 for next Saturday or Coventry.

How many assists did Wiemann get in the games under Holden..? 

12 hours ago, Matthew me said:

We've had a few games, changed teams aroumd and played 60 mins against villa

Considering the season will be lots of sat and weds games, I do get concerned our players have fatigue before the season starts!!!

If LJ had said it, he would of been hammered

Actually the Gas coach,  Ben Dover, said the same after their plucky defeat against City Old Boyos and I thought , how the he’ll can they be fatigued ? they are in preseason after a long break . 

I would have taken the piss out of him but I am glad I didn’t now because obviously it’s quite normal.

the mueller report see GIF

14 hours ago, mozo said:

Holden said in the post-match interview that he was disappointed that we didn't score more and win the game, then pointed out that the players have been fatigued by an intense training schedule.

So it's an excuse, but only if your opponent was less fatigued. If the opponent has also been beasting their players, fatigue is irrelevant. 

Swindon's season, like the rest of League's 1 and 2, finished early. They were also able to start pre season in a comparatively normal manner and timescale. That means they will have built their fitness levels normally. Our season finished later and due to timings, that means the pre season has been shorter and the same fitness work has had to be done in a tighter schedule which can lead to some fatigue. I really struggle to understand why this is a problem to some people.

13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Swindon's season, like the rest of League's 1 and 2, finished early. They were also able to start pre season in a comparatively normal manner and timescale. That means they will have built their fitness levels normally. Our season finished later and due to timings, that means the pre season has been shorter and the same fitness work has had to be done in a tighter schedule which can lead to some fatigue. I really struggle to understand why this is a problem to some people.

Because they're looking for literally anything to go at.

9 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Because they're looking for literally anything to go at.

Or maybe because our 'break' has only been a couple of weeks. How much fitness will a professional athllete lose in a few weeks.

Surely Swindon have more excuses having had a longer break and needing to get back up to speed. 

7 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Or maybe because our 'break' has only been a couple of weeks. How much fitness will a professional athllete lose in a few weeks.

Surely Swindon have more excuses having had a longer break and needing to get back up to speed. 

Lots.

16 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

But that's not true is it? They had a long break, a short spell to prepare for 6 or 7 games in a short period, then another break and now a intensive training spell intended to prepare them for a very intensive season. That sounds difficult for any athlete, if you look at the way marathon runners would prepare it would look nothing like that.

16 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But that's not true is it? They had a long break, a short spell to prepare for 6 or 7 games in a short period, then another break and now a intensive training spell intended to prepare them for a very intensive season. That sounds difficult for any athlete, if you look at the way marathon runners would prepare it would look nothing like that.

Tbf marathon running is nothing like football.

I'd argue Swindon's training would be easier. Longer out, but then it's a normal pre-season - get up to speed, get the friendlies in and then go with the season

For City like yuo say we've had to stay relatively fit during lockdown not knowing what will happen, then really short notice to get up to match fitness - followed by a quite intense end of season playing back to back games and dealing with knocks etc. Then a couple weeks down time followed by intense fitness sessions. It's going to be an odd season as Prem/Championship teams will start the season far from 100% like they might normally.

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Actually the Gas coach,  Ben Dover, said the same after their plucky defeat against City Old Boyos and I thought , how the he’ll can they be fatigued ? they are in preseason after a long break . 

I would have taken the piss out of him but I am glad I didn’t now because obviously it’s quite normal.

the mueller report see GIF

Good enough for the gas....

5 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

When did you guys go back for pre season as we went back on the 3rd August 

I don't know if I unnecessarily raised the issue of Holden blaming fatigue and sharpness or not. I'm not happy that we didn't beat Swindon. I got the feeling Holden wasn't  happy either. Nor should we be, friendly or not. Coventry is the game that matters though, and that's the game where excuses don't count.

Archived