Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Team for Coventry

A bit early and there may be one or two more incoming, but given the players we now have on board it looks like we have a lot of choices for the Coventry game.

How about;

.................Bentley

.....Kalas   Moore   Mawson

Hunt   Nagy   Morrell   Dasilva

..............Paterson

...........Martin   Wells

Although I can't see him leaving Weimann out.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

Williams said he'll miss first two or three games.

Walsh seems to be just ahead of Williams in rehab.

According to Gregor it was 3 or 4. Though after yesterday's game it might be 2 or 3 now!

25 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

A bit early and there may be one or two more incoming, but given the players we now have on board it looks like we have a lot of choices for the Coventry game.

How about;

.................Bentley

..............Paterson

I like the look of that!

I'd rather have our little croque monsieur in every week but realistically I think Nagy and Morrell is a bit more dependable. Plus I'm glad you've moved Pato up a bit.

Martin and Wells on paper is a classic forward line but I don't think Holden will drop both Weimann and Diedhiou. 

I'd like to see both Massengo and Semenyo off the bench for an injection of energy if the game suits.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mozo said:

I like the look of that!

I'd rather have our little croque monsieur in every week but realistically I think Nagy and Morrell is a bit more dependable. Plus I'm glad you've moved Pato up a bit.

Martin and Wells on paper is a classic forward line but I don't think Holden will drop both Weimann and Diedhiou. 

I'd like to see both Massengo and Semenyo off the bench for an injection of energy if the game suits.

I had a croque monsieur in Padstow a little while back - it was ******* horrible.

38 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

How about;

.................Bentley

..............Paterson

When did Mason join us?   Nothing on the OS............:dunno:

• Like 1

I imagine he will stick with the 5122 system.

Mawson and Kalas in for Rowe and Vyner.

Questions will be Morrell or Massengo holding?

Which 2 out of Paterson, Weimann and Nagy as box to box, or even could have Massengo as box to box if Morrell holding.

God knows what we do when Williams and Walsh are back!

And do we sign Brunt before next weekend? Maybe not ready even if we do.

Is Martin ready fitness wise to play? Probably sticking with Fam and Wells I imagine.

2 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Picking 3 in midfield from:

Williams

Nagy

Morrell

Massengo

Walsh

Pato

Palmer

Weimann

Tough call.

That’s not even mentioning Bakinson, O’Dowda or Eliasson.

And Szmodics.

We got so many its not easy to remember them all! 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Don't think Rowe will be dropped in a hurry. He was probably our best player against Exeter.

Think Sammy and Palmer will both be loaned out.

Or both sold.

1 minute ago, OldlandReddies said:

Don't think Rowe will be dropped in a hurry. He was probably our best player against Exeter.

Think Sammy and Palmer will both be loaned out.

Agree. 

Szmodics, Palmer and Eliasson will all be off I reckon. Would not surprise me if Szmodics is permanently though. Eliasson obviously permanently. Palmer likely to be on loan.

Bakinson possibly loaned out too as he won't hardly play it seems except cup games.

We'd then have 7 realistic options, plus O'Dowda as an option there if needed.

That seems a lot still. But what makes things even more complicated is if we sign Chris Brunt.

I predict then that 1 more will go.

And out of Williams, Morrell, Walsh, Nagy, Massengo, Paterson and Weimann, I would see that being Nagy if I had to guess one.

Unless we need all them AND Brunt. Which to me seems too many as its unlikely one of them will get any minutes at all.

That depends on if people believe we are after Brunt, which Gregor understands we are.

18 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Picking 3 in midfield from:

Williams

Nagy

Morrell

Massengo

Walsh

Pato

Palmer

Weimann

Tough call.

That’s not even mentioning Bakinson, O’Dowda or Eliasson.

If O'Dowda starts in the middle over any of those first eight, I riot.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I had a croque monsieur in Padstow a little while back - it was ******* horrible.

I don’t know what’s worse: a chef who can’t make decent cheese on toast, or a diner who goes to Padstow and orders cheese on toast. Loads of decent pasty and fish places in Padstow!

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, WarksRobin said:

I don’t know what’s worse: a chef who can’t make decent cheese on toast, or a diner who goes to Padstow and orders cheese on toast. Loads of decent pasty and fish places in Padstow!

I know - and I've tried most of them thanks.

Cheese on toast :laughcont:

• Haha 1

I don't care what team DH puts out.  What I want to see is midfielders and forwards that will run at defenders, take defenders on, excite us and create something   Sadly, I can't see my wish being fulfilled.

I'm really getting fed up with watching players recieving the ball in advanced positions passing it backwards. It's a game of football, not rugby.  Forward passes are allowed.

OK, we beat a 4th division team 2-0 but was there any excitement?

• Confused 1
2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I don't care what team DH puts out.  What I want to see is midfielders and forwards that will run at defenders, take defenders on, excite us and create something   Sadly, I can't see my wish being fulfilled.

I'm really getting fed up with watching players recieving the ball in advanced positions passing it backwards. It's a game of football, not rugby.  Forward passes are allowed.

Well we created quite a number of good chances and passed it around a lot and forwards. 

I thought it was a good game to watch.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Walsh and Williams might help in that department but you'll have to wait a few weeks.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

100% agree with you.  It was even more slow and backwards than the last 2.5 seasons with Johnson.  Holden says he wants the ball to be played forward quickly.  Has he mentioned that to the team?