Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Sheffield Wednesday (h) - 13:00 Sunday - What can we expect?

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

If I could make 3 changes it would be Brunt for Paterson who has been a bit better than Weimann but is on a yellow, Dasilva for Rowe to give us an attacking threat down the left. And Semenyo for Wells. Wells been very poor, though I do know he's capable of scoring at any time, I would like 2 up top the ball can stick to which would give us a platform. Plus it means Martin can come deep and we still have a player who can run in behind or hold it up in Semenyo up top.

Wells just isn't that great a team player and will sometimes look poor in how we play.

Moore been very good so far.

Thank goodness you are not head coach...great goal Pato 

4 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

A European final and top of the league. If Carlsberg did sporting weekends, this would be the one for Jon Lansdown

It would be a Thatchers weekend if Rovers fell to the bottom of the table following another hilarious defeat.....

#Gold

• Like 2
1 minute ago, davidoldfart said:

Thank goodness you are not head coach...great goal Pato 

Haha. And thank goodness you aren't head coach, or anyone other than Holden!

I would have waited till 60 odd minutes had we carried on playing like first half, but we were like a totally different side from 45 onwards. 

2 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Haven't checked myself but been told that the last time City won their opening 3 games in the second tier of English football was 1927/28..

Great stat. I was going to ask when the last time was we won our opening three league games at ANY level. Even in our title season we “only” took 7 from our first possible 9...

6 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Great stat. I was going to ask when the last time was we won our opening three league games at ANY level. Even in our title season we “only” took 7 from our first possible 9...

Under Danny Wilson apparently

40 minutes ago, red panda said:

I do worry about you.  After the high of Thursday night you must be absolutely gutted at how the league season is panning out

I just think he’s unhappy that the “best midfielder in the league” didn’t even get into the squad. 

27 minutes ago, RedEyez said:

I don’t wanna get too carried away here, but I can see us winning the Premier League next season. 

How many times are you going to make this joke, jesus! Must have seen you post that exact format about ten times.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wednesday forum: 

Its as simple as that i think. Man to man, not much in it, but their forward line was much more potent than ours. If we don't solve our striker crisis this is going to be a long difficult season. 

Only one team played second half.

The usual sh1thousery from bristol didn't help. Falling about & time wasting. Garbage ref.

The thing is Bristol City altered their approach. We didn't have an answer. The manager should be able to react to the change. Not hope it gets better before conceding.

I thought they were poor too. Goals change games of course and it was a poor refereeing display. He fell for it every minimal contact. The ref vs Fulham was brilliant imo so good ones do exist. Time wasting is simple to cut out too and he wasn’t interested. 

We were also over run in midfield especially second half. 

We were overrun in midfield because their “free” defender in the back 3 stepped into the midfield and carried the ball drawing a midfielder leaving it 2 on 3 in the middle out free defender is Tom lees who didn’t and never does this 

Bristol were one of the bookies favourites for relegation. Our fans need to stop bigging then up

Martin , who some on here laughed at when it was suggested we should sign him, totally schooled our defence today . He is exactly what we needed.

They have a good balance up front. Both would walk into our team

Good play from us first half, but with us putting in twice as much effort as them it was only going one way second half unless we started to create and finish a couple of goal scoring opportunities. They countered our tactics well 2nd half, worked harder to find space, overpowered and outnumbered us to score and wasted lots of time to get their breath back.

We had them contained well. However opposing teams have this very annoying knack of responding, and changing their approach. The momentum of the game was clearly swinging back into City’s favour, yet Monk himself failed to respond in kind. Then the inevitable happened. They scored and it was game over.

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

How many times are you going to make this joke, jesus! Must have seen you post that exact format about ten times.

Some would call it humour.

Others would get offended about it.

Unfortunately, you fall into the latter group.

Don’t cry pal. We won 2-0.

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Wednesday forum: 

Its as simple as that i think. Man to man, not much in it, but their forward line was much more potent than ours. If we don't solve our striker crisis this is going to be a long difficult season. 

The usual sh1thousery from bristol didn't help. Falling about & time wasting. Garbage ref.

The thing is Bristol City altered their approach. We didn't have an answer. The manager should be able to react to the change. Not hope it gets better before conceding.

I thought they were poor too. Goals change games of course and it was a poor refereeing display. He fell for it every minimal contact. The ref vs Fulham was brilliant imo so good ones do exist. Time wasting is simple to cut out too and he wasn’t interested. 

We were overrun in midfield because their “free” defender in the back 3 stepped into the midfield and carried the ball drawing a midfielder leaving it 2 on 3 in the middle out free defender is Tom lees who didn’t and never does this 

Bristol were one of the bookies favourites for relegation. Our fans need to stop bigging then up

Martin , who some on here laughed at when it was suggested we should sign him, totally schooled our defence today . He is exactly what we needed.

Good play from us first half, but with us putting in twice as much effort as them it was only going one way second half unless we started to create and finish a couple of goal scoring opportunities. They countered our tactics well 2nd half, worked harder to find space, overpowered and outnumbered us to score and wasted lots of time to get their breath back.

We had them contained well. However opposing teams have this very annoying knack of responding, and changing their approach. The momentum of the game was clearly swinging back into City’s favour, yet Monk himself failed to respond in kind. Then the inevitable happened. They scored and it was game over.

Had a look on there earlier.

Got bored quite quickly. The fact that Bannon should have been off fir any 2 of about five yellows speaks volumes.

We were so much the better team in the second half it was almost offensive.

Whilst they were better in the first half, it wasn’t by much.

18 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Wednesday forum: 

Blimey, they got all their excuses in there didn't they? Bristol city are crap, the referee, city were time wasting, shithousery, falling over by us etc etc.

2-0 bitches! :)

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Leveller said:

I think a lot of fans start from the default position of hoping & expecting us to be dominant. When we're matched, they say we've been rubbish. I watch a lot of cautious even first halves then hear this reaction.

It was an even first half, I think the twelve point deduction has focused their mind and maybe given maybe them a hunger that I know we should have but can't replicate, with hindsight our class overcame that thankfully.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Blimey, they got all their excuses in there didn't they? Bristol city are crap, the referee, city were time wasting, shithousery, falling over by us etc etc.

2-0 bitches! :)

Favourites for relegation? must have missed that.