Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Why's it gone so quiet?


Recommended Posts

Looking at the amount of new topics being started on the forum, it appears to be very slow recently. 

Is it fear of being shot down when making a new post? 

Nothing new and exciting ?

No city games for a week?

Just feels very dead on here recently. As a long time observer of OTIB and recent poster, I think this is the least active I can ever remember it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Two weeks without a game  wont help.

4/1 Defeat at Barnsley would get things moving.!!

Yeah, downhill, fast.

No matter how we didn't actually deserve to win last season's game at oakwell, I'm still trying to get over their comeback. I think it was at that stage I realised we weren't exactly the real deal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

4/1 Defeat at Barnsley would get things moving.!!

..,,,,,..a few bowels?

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is normal. When a team win you discuss 1,2 days about the last game and that's it.  It is in our veins to talk more where we are not happy (when we lose). 

Look at my posts, when there are no transfers and summer break, i post at most 10 messages per summer, but I still follow the forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Add that all together then factor in the current covid situation. Furloughs on and off , redundencies, wage cuts and disruption at home and work. Only one gift that just keeps giving at the moment.

Edited by fatchers
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Can always rely on you to start a new thread Matt! 

You say it like it's a bad thing...

You do know this is a forum right?....

Guess its just the way it is now. A few threads and the rest get merged and swallowed up. 

Let's all get excited about the two or three. New topics today!!!! 🥱

6 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

We’re top of the table - people are stunned and at a loss as how to react. We’ve all probably fallen through a black hole into a this parallel universe, don’t worry it’ll be back to normal by Christmas. 

Phew..... 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bris red said:

This forum traditionally is always quiet or at least quieter when we are winning games. Make of that what you will..

I'm the odd one out, I want to talk more when we win! It's such an odd feeling to be sat top and unbeaten. 

Albeit, early season... Feels good!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Matthew me said:

You say it like it's a bad thing...

You do know this is a forum right?....

Guess its just the way it is now. A few threads and the rest get merged and swallowed up. 

Let's all get excited about the two or three. New topics today!!!! 🥱

Phew..... 😂

It's because its a international break and there is sod all to talk about. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Looking at the amount of new topics being started on the forum, it appears to be very slow recently. 

Is it fear of being shot down when making a new post? 

Nothing new and exciting ?

No city games for a week?

Just feels very dead on here recently. As a long time observer of OTIB and recent poster, I think this is the least active I can ever remember it.

Because we're winning games, there's an international break and no big transfer rumours really. The politics section of the forum is busy however if you fancy getting stuck in over there!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Matthew me said:

Looking at the amount of new topics being started on the forum, it appears to be very slow recently. 

Is it fear of being shot down when making a new post? 

Nothing new and exciting ?

No city games for a week?

Just feels very dead on here recently. As a long time observer of OTIB and recent poster, I think this is the least active I can ever remember it.

Standard for international breaks

I'd guess the general numbers of threads would be lower as many threads were about experiences / incidents at matches

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matthew me said:

I'm the odd one out, I want to talk more when we win! It's such an odd feeling to be sat top and unbeaten. 

Albeit, early season... Feels good!

Chat away Matt. That's the idea of a forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matthew me said:

I'm the odd one out, I want to talk more when we win! It's such an odd feeling to be sat top and unbeaten. 

Albeit, early season... Feels good!

Should we be top with four games to play, rather than 42, then there would be loads and loads on here. In April 2008, we were top after 42 games, and even that was a bit too early too read too much into being top. It is too early yet, being top might, or might not mean very much at all. 

In 2014/15 we were top most of the season and this forum was busy enough. But probably more so as the season went on.

But anyway, let's talk about being top! It's great being top. Look at everyone below us! (Your turn ....)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mihai said:

This is normal. When a team win you discuss 1,2 days about the last game and that's it.  It is in our veins to talk more where we are not happy (when we lose). 

Look at my posts, when there are no transfers and summer break, i post at most 10 messages per summer, but I still follow the forum.

This is true. However we are the biggest club never to have played in the Premier League. For over 40 years we have specialized in failure, third division football and dressing room drama and excess. 
 

We really have not had that much until comparatively recently.
 

Before 76 we had 65 years outside of the top flight to boot. 
 

Plenty to moan about and underpin a culture. 
 

On top of that we are synonymous with the worlds best known piece of rhyming slang. :laugh:! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Judda said:

Johnson out!

Ivybridge will welcome him; image.png.2b27444a685b0331cc9ccaf769e0806a.png

The side in South Devon has played 10 games and lost all 10. They have scored just two goals and conceded 122.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, 22A said:

Ivybridge will welcome him; image.png.2b27444a685b0331cc9ccaf769e0806a.png

The side in South Devon has played 10 games and lost all 10. They have scored just two goals and conceded 122.

On the bright side for their fans, it can't get much worse.

 

Edit, had a search for them but only found an Ivybridge who have won 7 of 10 in the league.

Edited by JamesBCFC
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

On the bright side for their fans, it can't get much worse.

 

Edit, had a search for them but only found an Ivybridge who have won 7 of 10 in the league.

My bad; it's Stoke Gabriel; 😡

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54507058?at_campaign=64&at_custom4=C0E90FD6-0C80-11EB-AD51-A76A96E8478F&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=BBC+Sport&at_custom2=facebook_page&fbclid=IwAR1brwTnPrDflvUkGqR4aBLTaV9gr68JDWoR2iYnhcWi4EVJlju5HsF15Js

Stoke Gabriel's 2020-21 results
5 Sept - lost 15-0 to Torridgeside                26 Sept - lost 13-0 to Cullompton Rangers
12 Sept - lost 13-0 to Crediton United         30 Sept - lose 18-1 to Bovey Tracey
16 Sept - lost 8-0 to Newton Abbot Spurs    3 Oct - lost 9-1 to Elburton Villa
19 Sept - lost 14-0 to Torrington                    7 Oct - lost 3-0 to Ivybridge Town
22 Sept lost 15-0 to Millbrook                         10 Oct - lost 14-0 to Plymouth Marjon

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...