IGNORED

Bournemouth v Bristol City Match Day 8

That one can be blamed firmly on the manager for bringing Brunt on and inviting a goal when the game was completely in the balance. At the start of the season we saw like for like positive substitutions at important moments of matches which were a breath of fresh air, but that’s already seemingly been thrown out the window. Very defensive subs made against Barnsley and now Bournemouth, which has gone on to cost us in both.

22 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Spot on mate.  I thought we played well in the first half (including Paterson, who had a very good 45 minutes) but Bournemouth were almost unplayable in the second half and we did very well to hold them for 80 minutes.  Given our injury problems, that was a creditable performance, but a disappointing result.  Bournemouth looked a class outfit, and I think many teams will do a lot worse than lose to them by a single goal.

Summarised very sensibly

I actually enjoyed the game. A shame about the result but it was one moment of class that won it for them.

We nearly came away with a point and I don’t think anyone could have said that it wasn’t deserved. However this is football and sometimes it sucks.

On to Norwich and another good performance could see us win all three points.

Everyone bangs on about how hard players work. Working hard is the absolute minimum expectation.

What we lack is quality, odowda never scores i dont know why we persist with him, Patterson plays 3 good games a season, and we rely on journeyman wing backs to create anything.

We don't seem to be able to find a combination up front that works consistently. Its all a bit confused in my opinion, It has a look of Dean Holden learning on the job and I think that's exactly whats going on. 

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

I actually enjoyed the game. A shame about the result but it was one moment of class that won it for them.

We nearly came away with a point and I don’t think anyone could have said that it wasn’t deserved. However this is football and sometimes it sucks.

On to Norwich and another good performance could see us win all three points.

For once you don't seems to be dement Major

24 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Did you think we were totally outclassed at half time......or did you just keep your gob shut at that point because we were still in the game and you had nothing to bellyache about?

No.

I didn’t think Bournemouth looked overly troubled for all of our possession.

Fam somehow managed to hit the post after almost losing it and that was about it.

Bournemouth just looked a more composed, competent side. To be expected given the undoubted class they have at this level.

Fingers crossed we finish top 6.

6 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

That one can be blamed firmly on the manager for bringing Brunt on and inviting a goal when the game was completely in the balance. At the start of the season we saw like for like positive substitutions at important moments of matches which were a breath of fresh air, but that’s already seemingly been thrown out the window. Very defensive subs made against Barnsley and now Bournemouth, which has gone on to cost us in both.

Nail. On. Head. 

25 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Spot on mate.  I thought we played well in the first half (including Paterson, who had a very good 45 minutes) but Bournemouth were almost unplayable in the second half and we did very well to hold them for 80 minutes.  Given our injury problems, that was a creditable performance, but a disappointing result.  Bournemouth looked a class outfit, and I think many teams will do a lot worse than lose to them by a single goal.

A good 45? Did you not see him hiding when Hunt was taking Throw ins? In space yes he was good to go - but otherwise it seemed like he thought the ball was covered in dog-shit!

5 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

Your opinion of course, but why on earth does someone always have to be blamed for a negative result?  We had chances in the first half, but in the second Bournemouth were the better team and won by a single goal.  If I blame anyone for us losing it’s the opposition.

Wow

Im no rose tinter by a million miles but some of the negativy and microscopically looking for any shortcomings is incredible

I think anyone who thinks we are going to romp to promotion with a new Head Coach , a rebalance of the squad and with a ridiculous amount of injuries to key players are going to Be dissapointed and need to lower their expectations

You could see the positives of four young/ inexperienced players looking like they have a chance , at the very least at this level 

You could see that COD, and not only COD,  worked his nuts off and had a very decent game

That goal skews so many opinions and reactions 

If we had ended up nil nil people’s reactions would IMHO be somewhat different 

If we had a couple of options from their forward line we probably win that , their forward line that must be valued at £40-50 million in total

We didn't play to badly in the first half.  Second half we always looked second best.  Brunt substitution was a big mistake Dean.  I felt we could have possibly pinched 3 points.

Usual problem though, we just don't look pacey or dangerous enough in the final third and when we get the ball in midfield, we just don't know what to do.

Bakinson looked quite impressive and though I like COD, he seemed to be absent for most of the game.

Overall, I felt we were worth a point and could have pinched 3 if Dean had made a positive substitutions.

COD and Pato at the same time in midfield, not a fan off. We were good first half and could have scored. Second half it was all Bournemouth. Prefer Nagy for COD, Nagy knows his position and can play defensive, COD can not. COD dont look comfortable on the pitch. He is a tricky winger and he dont know the defensive play. When he runs around in our own half he dont bring anything to our defensive play. Its easy after the in a winning game. game what starting eleven  DH picks. Really hope that one day COD could score or have an assist

2 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We didn't play to badly in the first half.  Second half we always looked second best.  Brunt substitution was a big mistake Dean.  I felt we could have possibly pinched 3 points.

Usual problem though, we just don't look pacey or dangerous enough in the final third and when we get the ball in midfield, we just don't know what to do.

Bakinson looked quite impressive and though I like COD, he seemed to be absent for most of the game.

Overall, I felt we were worth a point and could have pinched 3 if Dean had made a positive substitutions.

Good post, essentially back 3 look good for this level and Tyreeq definitely has something about him. Once we move past this third, it looks slow and confused.

Im really hoping Williams amd Walsh have an impact ?

Archived