IGNORED

Dean and the Backroom

Port Said Red

22 hours ago, where's the joy said:

and that is why we sold one of our best players for diddly squat money sadly

No it wasn’t.

This is just an allegation that has never been proven or had any substance to it.

Whilst I can believe that the club were disappointed to have their reputation, by association, sullied I don’t think they would have bombed Bill out just for that.

He was an asset. 

On 02/12/2020 at 18:14, spudski said:

He is a good defender, but only if he has the right people around him.

Being short, diminutive in size, up against a lump with skill and speed...he has no chance on his own.  One on one against that...no chance. 

He's a great defender when he can rely on others as well.

Yesterday was a prime example. That's why he got taken off and replaced by Rowe...because Brunt wasn't complimenting Jay.

Put someone beside Jay with some power, speed and presence and he compliments that and becomes a defensive attribute with forward thinking tendencies.

Unfortunately we haven't helped Jay in selections around him.

Do you not think like Bryan...that Jay has better attacking attributes than purely defensive?

To think that all Brunt had to say was "Jay, you are looking good tonight.  Have you done something with your hair?"

1 minute ago, Chivs said:

Bryan also scored goals.  Train a Sky camera on him and you were guaranteed a worldie.

I remember my late brother who only had a passing interest in football, phoning up after the Man Utd game and saying "wow what a strike that first goal was!" 

On 05/12/2020 at 17:14, Finley_Smith10 said:

1 loss against a team whose beat up 7 out of 9 times previous to the game. You win some you lose some just gotta focus on Wednesday

Yes and they got it right again last night. I suppose a new management team will have their ups and downs, or perhaps we will just notice them more. but they showed they had learned something in allowing the players to keep plugging away.

I know every team has the same stories, but we would have been sitting a clear 2nd if we had won on Saturday, I am sure they are as frustrated as we are.

Archived