IGNORED

Wycombe Wanderers (h) – 15:00 Boxing Day – What Can We Expect?

Davefevs

I'm expecting a City win. It won't be pretty especially as we still have a lot of injuries and a naive head coach who's starting to realise that the job's a lot harder when the powers that be offload assets from under your nose at the first sign of waving pound notes.

Akinfenwa - Strange isn't it, that someone so iconic in the game (so many appearances and over 200 career goals) is currently playing the highest level ever since he has been in the game - Unbelieveable that he has never played in the Championship before.

What a character, and appears to be a top bloke (also done a fair bit for charity) AND got one of the best chants from opposition fans 'Your Tits Are Offside' ?

52 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

Akinfenwa - Strange isn't it, that someone so iconic in the game (so many appearances and over 200 career goals) is currently playing the highest level ever since he has been in the game - Unbelieveable that he has never played in the Championship before.

What a character, and appears to be a top bloke (also done a fair bit for charity) AND got one of the best chants from opposition fans 'Your Tits Are Offside' ?

He is. I met him at a function when he was at Torquay and he is a great guy.

The funniest City-related thing I ever saw him do was when we played Gillingham (?) and had Simon Gillet playing for us. The City fans were chanting `you fat bastard` at Bayo and he pointed to Gillet and said `Who? Him?`

Made I larf.

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Not confident about this game.

Weather will be crap. Wycombe have a physical presence, we don’t. Can see 2-1 to Wycombe unless this team steps up and competes across the pitch.

Wycombe will know we are a team that can be bullied with little backbone. With the rough weather as well I think a Wycombe win is more than possible.

13 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Not confident about this game.

Weather will be crap. Wycombe have a physical presence, we don’t. Can see 2-1 to Wycombe unless this team steps up and competes across the pitch.

They've managed to score more than one goal in 90 minutes in just two of their 20 games thus far. With a grand total of 12 goals. We will have to show some Christmas spirit and generosity to concede even once today .....

On 24/12/2020 at 12:46, pongo88 said:

“ Akinfenwa has good touch and he is impossible to get around” sums up one of the problems City may face. He’s unlike other target men who are usually just tall. He’s more of a cube shape and impossible to push off the ball. He hasn’t got any speed but doesn’t need any. It will be interesting to see who is given the job of marking him. IMO it needs to be an experienced defender, and definitely not Taylor Moore (if he plays)

Has anyone mentioned that Brian Tinnion tried to sign him at the end of the 2004-5 season (Akinfenwa had played against us for Torquay in a 1-1 draw on the opening day of the previous season), but he turned us down in favour of Swansea?

What can we expect?

1. Dodgy conceded goals at the expense of our leaky defence. 

2. A lack of bite up front.

3. Lapse passing in mid-field.

4. Another loss. 

Not really happy with the way things are going at the moment. Thought we may have found a bit of consistent form....instead we appear to have consistent inconsistency. 

Let's hope we can experience a Christmas miracle. 

11 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

What can we expect?

1. Dodgy conceded goals at the expense of our leaky defence. 

2. A lack of bite up front.

3. Lapse passing in mid-field.

4. Another loss. 

Not really happy with the way things are going at the moment. Thought we may have found a bit of consistent form....instead we appear to have consistent inconsistency. 

Let's hope we can experience a Christmas miracle. 

Not expecting the game to be immaculate then?

3 hours ago, boatman said:

Being stuck inside.

Can manage Christmas Day but Boxing Day is about going to watch football to me another day with kids and wife....

It is shit. Hope you and the rest of us can make the best of it we can.
A victory of any kind would soften the blow.
COYR!

24 minutes ago, Red7 said:

It is shit. Hope you and the rest of us can make the best of it we can.
A victory of any kind would soften the blow.
COYR!

Well I am gong to shut myself in the kitchen for 2.5 hours and handover my £10 and hopefully watch something close to 3 pints and hopefully 3 points.

Archived