IGNORED

Luton Town (a) - Tues 29th Dec 19:45

Davefevs

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Too many seem afraid to criticise an Owner who has pumped shitloads of money into a club he now has 99.99% control of including the stadium and everything else, whilst making the same mistakes for 20 odd years. Apparently it’s ungrateful.

Whilst the Rugby Club is at its highest stock for god knows how long the football supporters have to put up with turgid shit year after year. And we are talking YEARS of it now. Go to Ashton Gate Stadium Twitter “the home of Bristol Bears and Bristol City FC”...........

I don’t demand Premiership football like some, it would be nice to just turn up at Ashton Gate or watch on the tv and ENJOY more games than not, that’s all.

It really isn’t Dean Holden’s fault what is happening at the Gate. But there’s none so blind as them that won’t see.

I've been saying the very same ever since the stadium was upgraded and had the very same "I should be grateful".
Bollocks. Ashton Gate is no longer ours, its no longer a football stadium, the identity of our club within it has been diluted and the last time i looked, I have to pay for the privilege to watch my team play.

So No. There is nothing I should be grateful for

17 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm not so sure No 1, not this time. 

.........and wait for the statement “I’m not sure Bristol City fans want Premiership football”.

Perhaps Bristol City fans don’t want to watch a pile of shite every other week whilst the rugger buggers get exactly what they’ve been waiting for.

2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Bielsa's first comments when Leeds Manager in 2018 was this: We may not be the best team in the League, but we will be the fittest.

Now, I understand we have injuries and we are playing 3 times a week, but so is everyone else right now.

What we severely lack is dynamism. Strength combined with speed, which most successful sides have right now. Our team seriously need to hit the gym, it's no wonder we get so many injuries, they're soft as ****

Power and speed .......been saying it for years......while LJ was packing our squad with lightweight drawfs.

Why Lansdown does not apply the principles learnt in rugby to the football is beyond me.

It was clear that Bristol would not stand a chance when they were promoted to the Premiership as the game had advanced light years at that level from the last time Bristol were there. Having watched Exeter, power and speed were the key attributes. Bristol failed badly and were relegated.

Came back, top quality coach built a squad of power players, fit and fast. Success.

It’s not that difficult Steve, it’s really not. 

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

.........and wait for the statement “I’m not sure Bristol City fans want Premiership football”.

Perhaps Bristol City fans don’t want to watch a pile of shite every other week whilst the rugger buggers get exactly what they’ve been waiting for.

Owners sold us an outright lie after LJ went. When DH was appointed there were hundreds on here lapping it up.

Not DH’s fault, he is the fall guy. Shame because he’s a decent human being!

14 minutes ago, RedRock said:

...and this is why we’re all nice, soft and cuddly.

Rather than rip into players, we say ‘jolly good effort, unlucky’. 

It develops a mentality like Bakinson’s, lazy and sloppy.

Watch the Leeds game. Player misplaced a pass, he ran like his life depended on it to win it back. Everybody was sprinting, not trotting or walking about, just to find space. Most attacks, within seconds of the ball being in the oppositions final third, 7-8 Leeds players sprinting into that final third of the pitch.

You don’t need to spend £100 millions to create a Leeds-like ethos......just get players with the right DNA and create a TEAM.

Fundamentally though you need a manager that players RESPECT and FEAR. Old school maybe, but this ‘everyone’s a winner’ type mentality of the new school creates limp-wristed losers who think they can just turn up and demand undeserved rewards.

Leeds show how to play the game of the 2020’s. It’s not some half-baked Barcelona of the 90’s effort that our FA coaches and LJ read from FA manuals. Pathetic.

There’s a lot of truth in this. Our players are overcoached and we try and score the perfect goal. There is virtually zero passion and our players do nothing instinctively- Fam’s goal at the weekend a rare exception. It’s all about attitude. 

3 minutes ago, QuedgeRed said:

Owners sold us an outright lie after LJ went. When DH was appointed there were hundreds on here lapping it up.

Not DH’s fault, he is the fall guy. Shame because he’s a decent human being!

It’s bloody obvious to some of us but not enough of us.

5 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Ashton out

Mark Ashton is the Messenger.

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Thought that. He sounds beaten

Nice a bloke as he obviously is, he’s never had a clue and once the luck ran out that’s become exposed.

He should be spared any vitriol, it’s not his fault he’s in the job and I believe he’s doing his best. The spotlight needs to be on the clowns who put him there. We’ve been here before with LJ, Millen, McInnes, Tinnion and as always the buck stops with SL. Ashton needs to go as well. 

Losing always hurts and being unsatisfied with some performances is normal...but I don't blame Holden and the players right now, simply because I don't think that other managers/players would do much better with 10+ injuries and a set of fixtures that rarely leaves some rest.

Surely the team has much work to do, and I still have doubts about Holden and some players too...but I think that until we'll get some key players back we won't know how much the team can offer.

That being said...the trend is worrying: I hope that recalling some loanees will give us a temporary help while waiting for Baker,Mawson,Pato,Walsh & co. because otherwise our position could become really bad...

1 minute ago, tin said:

Nice a bloke as he obviously is, he’s never had a clue and once the luck ran out that’s become exposed.

He should be spared any vitriol, it’s not his fault he’s in the job and I believe he’s doing his best. The spotlight needs to be on the clowns who put him there. We’ve been here before with LJ, Millen, McInnes, Tinnion and as always the buck stops with SL. Ashton needs to go as well. 

It’s a great position for an Owner to be in. Make mistake after mistake and totally escape scrutiny. It’s shocking to put Holden in the position of being his fall guy tbh.

But he’ll be full of bluster and bollocks when it’s finally time to sell season tickets.

24 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If you want free money, back Brentford. Not a great price I know as the bookies know we have little chance. 

Even with a full strength side, we were well beaten by the likes of Norwich and Bournemouth. We need a miracle at Brentford on Saturday. Perhaps Lansdown and Ashton will watch it all unfold. 

1 minute ago, City1970 said:

Even with a full strength side, we were well beaten by the likes of Norwich and Bournemouth. We need a miracle at Brentford on Saturday. Perhaps Lansdown and Ashton will watch it all unfold. 

I have to admit I won’t be paying the club a tenner to watch us get about 22% possession on Saturday. They can stick that.

1 minute ago, Club and Country said:

It’s Lansdowns, Mark Ashton and Andy Rolls house down there, everyone else will take the fall and you better fall in line with what they want

talks of dynamism, athleticism power being posted on this thread

Andy Rolls is head of performance and I can tell you now for a fact the bloke is getting away with murder 

Andy who?

54 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Thrown that game away with individual errors. For all you bed wetters wanting a change of manager just have a think about the three total clowns who will be choosing. The Owner wants a yes man, the son is clueless and Ashton does exactly what Stevie Boy tells him he’ll do.

Thats where our Business Model of the club being Steve Lansdown’s plaything for 20 odd years has got us. You can all wet the bed about Dean Holden instead whilst the true culprits for our predicament answer to no ducker.

Spot on

Ive said before where is the football knowledge

between SL (Clueless) JL (Clueless) and MA (??) (And  a front for JLs toy anyway ) to drive the Club forward on the football side 

uhmmmmmmm...........

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Spot on

Ive said before where is the football knowledge

between SL (Clueless) JL (Clueless) and MA (??) (And  a front for JLs toy anyway ) to drive the Club forward on the football side 

uhmmmmmmm...........

Despite what people on here think Mark Ashton is basically “The Bouncer”. Nothing more or less than that.

Well listening to Deans interview it was a throw back to Johnson.

We played well had chances deserved the win, even a bumpy pitch came up. 

Now for sure not all his fault he was handed the poisioned  chalice by the man at the top. 

Were in shit street and if not for those first four games we would be now looking at the teams below us and worrying. As it is another 15 points will keep us up. For me the rest of the season will be dead,can't go up can't go down.

Now i know a lot will be happy with that but going as we are next season will be the same.

Seems to me were the new Coventry on a football level never look like going up or going down. Boring as ****.

Until it catches up with us and there's only one way that ends.

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Feel genuinely sorry for Holden because I like him. But this is awful. We all know full well we ain’t going anywhere. 

That's what the players said at the start of the season it's alright being likeable but you have to be unlikeable at somepoint but be unlikeable in the right way,I just don't see Holden as management material.

3 hours ago, Son of Fred said:

Couldn't strike a match.

He's an advanced midfielder of some description at best.

If Fam isn't fit enough to start, then you play a different system and just go with the two up top, rather than fit Semenyo in at the top end.

I may be coming across as anti Semenyo, which I'm not. He's a decent player, just not in that position, and we're not going to win promotion with him as a regular first 11 player. Harsh but true, and I'd love to be proved wrong on that.

Archived