IGNORED

Anyone else watching barnsley

Banjo Island

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

What a stark contrast to the shambolic crap we witnesed last night a team thats well drilled well coached and disiplined really enjoying their performance they look really dangerous going forward aswell

The example they showed of the back line moving up to the half way line and the triangle of the forwards closing down well drilled indeed.

It makes you realise just how poor we’ve become. 

They’ve looked good since the new manager came in. Amazing what happens when you have a plan and bring in an experienced manager.

Only 3 points behind us now with a game in hand. They were 21st when he took over........we were 2nd. 

10 minutes ago, daored said:

I thought we were told can’t do much work on the training ground ?

I think we have been told porkies but if our coaches can't coach because they can't play 11 v 11 in training then why are they coaching at this level.

Barnsley have just demonstrated what training as a squad is all about but not just that how the manager and coaches have got that across to them.

1 minute ago, SuperRed said:

They are working really hard as a team and pressing from the front whilst we have Diedhiou and Wells strolling around. 

Yep, hardly any dropping off all over the pitch. Engaging the opposition at every opportunity, winning it back as soon as possible and have caused Chelsea all sorts of problems. 

Not sure if they can sustain it but my goodness, it’s like night and day when you compare them with us. 

It’s Barnsley FFS!!!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If he was offside, genuinely offside, no shadow of a doubt offside, wouldn’t you want it given.  

If it was obvious then yeh but having seen the replay it looks close so it could be either. In that case its not clear and obvious without messing about watching replays again and again and drawing lines.

I'm against VAR and technology (except goal line) so yeh pleased to see its not there tonight. Just a shame they had to include it at prem grounds really.

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

If it was obvious then yeh but having seen the replay it looks close so it could be either. In that case its not clear and obvious without messing about watching replays again and again and drawing lines.

I'm against VAR and technology (except goal line) so yeh pleased to see its not there tonight. Just a shame they had to include it at prem grounds really.

I agree, that goal-line technology is the only one I want.

10 minutes ago, tin said:

The Barnsley board seem to know what philosophy, or “identity” as it’s known as down here, they want. I didn’t realise their new coach had the pedigree he has. We play them in the next few weeks, too. I wonder how that’ll go. 

Can’t be true , Ashton & Holden keep saying there’s an influx of clubs asking how we’re run and wanting to copy our model ?

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

Defo not offside, Abraham was behind James

Disagree, offside not given due to the fact the girl was way behind the play, BUT what a difference to us, young Barnsley team playing together, great passing and tactics!

obviously well coached and motivated - if only we could say the same, we can only hope!

Archived