IGNORED

Mawson Injured again

Smokey

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

When I played in a 3, i invariably played as the RCB.  The CCB was designated to cover, and rarely attacked an aerial ball.  The LCB and me took responsibility for attacking 95% of aerial balls, predominantly split by half of pitch.  Even if it was dead central, the position of the striker we marked usually meant one of us was closer than the other...and that person attacked it.

The last thing we wanted was the CCB going for a header.

Back in 14/15, whether by design or not, Flint didn’t attack much.  Some of this may have been because opponents hit aerial balls away from Flint, but essentially he played as the cover too.

I think the CCB should be the most vocal and best organiser, as they need to talk the other 2 through the game. You can have them as the best ball player as they should be a spare man, or you can do as Cotts did and have your other two as the best ball players who step in to the space in front of them.

I always played the middle of the 3 when we played it as I read the game pretty well, and had a half decent turn of pace. I was usually the strongest in the air too but invariably didn't attack many aerial balls from that position as generally my role was to sweep.

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

Probably been said already but this sounds odd to me, I'd say he was never fully fit and rushed back. I think he oozes class on his day, but the last couple of games he's been way off his best. That mistake against Derby (I think? Stretched for the ball awkwardly and missed it/didnt get enough on it) seemed uncharacteristic to me and he's looked a bit sluggish.

As others said, he was sent off not taken off injured so he was either playing with that injury or he's done it since.

Injured the other knee ,and played on trying to run it off, just like AW when he did his ACL..

I think the CCB should be the most vocal and best organiser, as they need to talk the other 2 through the game. You can have them as the best ball player as they should be a spare man, or you can do as Cotts did and have your other two as the best ball players who step in to the space in front of them.

I always played the middle of the 3 when we played it as I read the game pretty well, and had a half decent turn of pace. I was usually the strongest in the air too but invariably didn't attack many aerial balls from that position as generally my role was to sweep.

Get yer bloody boots  on son. 

knock on the gaffers door Saturday cap in hand with your boots and pads, we need you

Exactly.

Archived