IGNORED

Mawson Injured again

Smokey

37 minutes ago, AnumRed said:

Let’s all grow up for five minutes. Admittedly injuries haven’t been on our side but we are top half in arguably the toughest division in the world. We could be onto our third manager of the season and looking closely over our shoulders into league 2.

maybe lockdown is giving people to much time on their hands to start investigating our injury crisis. 

Really don’t get the we’re doing better than the gas , it could be worse, we could be heading to league 2 bullshit, we’re light years ahead of them, and so we should be , we spend fortunes on players and staff, I get no comfort at all with the gas being shit .

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I'd like to see a left footer along side Kalas, or Kalas move left and let  Moore play on the right.

Who’s this left footer you talk off? Towler is the only one I can think of who’s not injured.  

Would agree though, I’d have Kalas on the left and Vyner on the right. 

2 hours ago, Sheltons Army said:

If he sticks with a 3-5-2 - and I hope he does,  Kalas can play left sided (Does or has done so for his country) and I’d prob play Taylor Moore RS and Zak Centrally 

And Martin out for season...,

Hang onto your hats , it’s going to be a bumpy ride

3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 and man the barricades

Your confusion @sglosbcfc ????

I am sure during our extensive pre signing process we looked into his injury history. I am no detective but there were a few signals 

The cause of injury had appeared ordinary until now, with manager Claudio Ranieri revealing he suffered the injury by simply putting on his boots.

"It was a very strange injury. He just changed his boots. It was unbelievable," Ranieri said in a press conference ahead of Sunday's clash with Spurs, as per the BBC.

"He needs more time. How long? I don't know."

And just in case you thought any of our current injuries are random and bad luck, I just want to prepare you for the next one. Player screening my a......

A tweaked hamstring caused midfielder Henri Lansbury to miss Aston Villa’s 2-2 draw with Hull City. It’s been a rough season for Lansbury with three muscle injury relapses in two months.

Henri Lansbury has all the athleticism and quality to excel in Dean Smith’s central midfield. Unfortunately, injuries have decimated his season to date, with the player making just three appearances. To make things even worse, these injuries continue just as Lansbury is about to make a return.

Bad luck for Mawson. Hope he recovers quickly.

One very minor positive - it could force Holden to playing Vyner at the back, which in turn means midfielders playing in midfield!!!! 

He will be forced into playing players in their best position!!! Haha unlucky Dean!!!

8 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Playing Zak centrally. Kalas or Moore would both be better suited to that role. Zak is quicker and better on the ball, but lacks the physicality to be the stopper centre half. For me it should be -

Bentley

Vyner - Kalas - Moore

My logic

Kalas has played left for Czech Rep and isn’t an organiser so not missed centrally

Then as for the other two ,  I think Zak reads the game marginally better than Taylor Moore and the best reader of the game would be my central man who , if worked properly would normally allow him to be spare 

Would also be likeliest to come out with the ball , which out of the three is , probably be which may be marginally advantageous 

What makes you think the central of a three is or has to be a stopper ?

I don’t think there’s a clear obvious combination pick 

Oh dear.

Maybe now Dean Holden won’t feel obligated to play Zak Vyner out of position and he can move back in there and either Nagy, or HNM can start in a three man midfield.

Either that or call Joe Low up from the U23’s - he is the skipper of a winning team and there are enough on here saying we are far too good to go down so what do we have to lose?

Also, may have missed it, any news on Joe Williams?

8 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

My logic

Kalas has played left for Czech Rep and isn’t an organiser so not missed centrally

Then as for the other two ,  I think Zak reads the game marginally better than Taylor Moore and the best reader of the game would be my central man who , if worked properly would normally allow him to be spare 

Would also be likeliest to come out with the ball , which out of the three is , probably be which may be marginally advantageous 

What makes you think the central of a three is or has to be a stopper ?

I don’t think there’s a clear obvious combination pick 

The left and the right central defenders have to move left and right at times. The central player usually stays central and faces the most aerial balls. If Zak is central he would be exposed. I like him on the right of a back three and I also think he is a decent CDM. Huge blow that Mawson is out though, and still no news on Baker's return.

7 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

The left and the right central defenders have to move left and right at times. The central player usually stays central and faces the most aerial balls. If Zak is central he would be exposed. I like him on the right of a back three and I also think he is a decent CDM. Huge blow that Mawson is out though, and still no news on Baker's return.

When I played in a 3, i invariably played as the RCB.  The CCB was designated to cover, and rarely attacked an aerial ball.  The LCB and me took responsibility for attacking 95% of aerial balls, predominantly split by half of pitch.  Even if it was dead central, the position of the striker we marked usually meant one of us was closer than the other...and that person attacked it.

The last thing we wanted was the CCB going for a header.

Back in 14/15, whether by design or not, Flint didn’t attack much.  Some of this may have been because opponents hit aerial balls away from Flint, but essentially he played as the cover too.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

When I played in a 3, i invariably played as the RCB.  The CCB was designated to cover, and rarely attacked an aerial ball.  The LCB and me took responsibility for attacking 95% of aerial balls, predominantly split by half of pitch.  Even if it was dead central, the position of the striker we marked usually meant one of us was closer than the other...and that person attacked it.

Back in 14/15, whether by design or not, Flint didn’t attack much.  Some of this may have been because opponents hit aerial balls away from Flint, but essentially he played as the cover too.

When I played in a 3 it took us 4 games to realise we needed 8 more players.

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Are you honestly trying to suggest Flint was put in the centre to act as a ball playing centre back and not as a first ball, dominant centre half? You always play your least mobile, most dominant player in the centre as in a 3 the Left and right central defenders need to be comfortable on the ball and reasonably quick. Moore and Vyner are better on the ball than Kalas, but Kalas is the most dominant of the three. The other option is Mariappa at RCB. He hasn't played particularly well, but he has mostly been played out of position.

20 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Are you honestly trying to suggest Flint was put in the centre to act as a ball playing centre back and not as a first ball, dominant centre half? You always play your least mobile, most dominant player in the centre as in a 3 the Left and right central defenders need to be comfortable on the ball and reasonably quick. Moore and Vyner are better on the ball than Kalas, but Kalas is the most dominant of the three. The other option is Mariappa at RCB. He hasn't played particularly well, but he has mostly been played out of position.

Flint was played there , Id guess as he was exposed somewhat in wide areas

There are different ways of playing the three but the most common would be the central spare 

Kals is a reactionary defender not someone to stay spare and eye the danger

Archived