IGNORED

Joe Jordan vs Gennaro Gattuso

Unan

I forget the exact words used, but I do recall Harry Redknapp drily commenting afterwards, to the effect that he thought Guttuso was ill-advised to square up to Joe. Poker-faced, slight shake of the head, and something along the lines of "you don't want to be doing that to Joe". Very droll.

Love Joe Jordan .Fairly sure we beat Doncaster United ? 5-0 on his debut and he set up at least 3 goals but didn’t score.? Perhaps the inter web has the details somewhere.

When he became manager we slowly improved and if super Bob didn’t do his hamstring up at the invasion of Bolton game we would have been champions.

Its another What if moment for me in city’s history when he left us for Hearts as we were on a bit of a roll then.As usual though it all petered out with novice managers given the chance to prove their mediocrity.Lumsden ,Osman

God it’s happening again?‍♂️

4 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

Love Joe Jordan .Fairly sure we beat Doncaster United ? 5-0 on his debut and he set up at least 3 goals but didn’t score.? Perhaps the inter web has the details somewhere.

When he became manager we slowly improved and if super Bob didn’t do his hamstring up at the invasion of Bolton game we would have been champions.

Its another What if moment for me in city’s history when he left us for Hearts as we were on a bit of a roll then.As usual though it all petered out with novice managers given the chance to prove their mediocrity.Lumsden ,Osman

God it’s happening again?‍♂️

Ironically , if we hadn’t beaten Huddersfield at the end of the 88/89 season Joe was a gonner (%100)

Super Bob had just arrived , scored a hat trick and we smashed them 6-1 in front of about 8000 of us 

Taylor sparked us almost instantly and saved JJ his job

1 minute ago, Superjack said:

We could do with one of these in the dressing room until the end of the season.

The one that lives in Clifton.

If I’d been SL I would have invited him into the board when he stopped managing

Besides an absolute war chest of experience at literally every level of the game - An extremely intelligent man   , and some may not realise,  or forget that 

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

If I’d been SL I would have invited him into the board when he stopped managing

Besides an absolute war chest of experience at literally every level of the game - An extremely intelligent man   , and some may not realise,  or forget that 

Indeed. 

It's basically criminal that all of that experience and affinity for the club that lies right on our doorstep has been overlooked. 

Then again, he would in all likelihood nut Ashton through a window.

4 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Indeed. 

It's basically criminal that all of that experience and affinity for the club that lies right on our doorstep has been overlooked. 

?

First time Ashton started to use his b*****t one look from Joe and Ashton would ‘ruin his suit’. 

Had a presence and a low growl like no other 

9 minutes ago, Superjack said:

Indeed. 

Not to late to have him advising - just looked he’s 69

Clearly wouldn’t want a DofF role but as a confidante / ‘advisor’ to SL ?

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

Not to late to have him advising - just looked he’s 69

Clearly wouldn’t want a DofF role but as a confidante / ‘advisor’ to SL ?

I know, right?

I stand to be corrected, but he's doing **** all else, isn't he?

He may not be interested, but if they want a 'cheap option', they couldn't do better than to get him in for three days a week, one of which being matchday in the dressing room and dugout 

Oh, wait...

... Ashton. ???

Just now, Superjack said:

I know, right?

I stand to be corrected, but he's doing **** all else, isn't he?

He may not be interested, but if they want a 'cheap option', they couldn't do better than to get him in for three days a week, one of which being matchday in the dressing room and dugout 

Oh, wait...

... Ashton. ???

He was doing bits of scouting

And I wouldn’t let him interfere matchday SJ

Id have him as an advisor more than anything , letting him quietly watch and report back any views and consulting him in major decisions

Gives JJ a nice interest and part involvement in game , without major time commitment , and wouldn’t do any harm to the Club profile

All hypothetical sadly

2 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

He was doing bits of scouting

And I wouldn’t let him interfere matchday SJ

Id have him as an advisor more than anything , letting him quietly watch and report back any views and consulting him in major decisions

Gives JJ a nice interest and part involvement in game , without major time commitment , and wouldn’t do any harm to the Club profile

All hypothetical sadly

I don't say 'matchday' with the intention of interference in selection or tactics. Just his presence in the dressing room and dugout to instil passion and give a kick up the arse when needed. (Wells?)

Archived